Friday, August 2, 2013

Mountain Dew in the Morning...

First off I want to say that I was disappointed when I went onto my blog for a quick moment and saw that you were changing my titles to my letters.. hahaha but it´s all good! Anyways how is my family back in good old Utah doing? Sounds like Heather had a false alarm and that you guys are still waiting the arrival of my niece.. but I´m sure by next week she´ll be here! Be sure to take plenty of pictures so I can print them off and but them in my album book! This week has been decent! Luisa didn´t end up coming to church again and now my companion wants to stop seeing her. She knows Joseph Smith is a prophet and believes the Book of Mormon to be true. She knows the church is true and everything but I don´t know why she hasn´t come to church. She tells us she is going to for sure come, but we go in the morning to pick her up but she never answers the door. We´ll see what happens. Jose and Yazna, the Grandpa and granddaughter, the same thing with all our other investigators so I don´t really need to go too much into that. We did have our interviews with the President this past week which went pretty well. I asked how he was doing and he told me ¨alright.¨ I was like why just alright? He told me it was because he had no idea what he was doing yet. Haha it was funny but he´s still super nervous.. but who wouldn´t be? Sister A came into the church with a heater that she carries everywhere. I started talking to her and asked her how she liked Chile. She told me that she just wishes she would have some tiny idea of what was going on because she doesn´t understand ANY Spanish. Also she told me that she hasn´t been warm since she´s gotten here. Haha I didn´t say it but I thought yup welcome to Chile in the winter. It´s soooooo cold but I´ve heard August in warmer than July so we´ll see. So yes we have changes on the 12th, and before I thought I would leave, but I´m not so sure now. The members despise my companion, and my companion even told the President that. He can tell they don´t like him.. and we honestly have the hardest time working with the members. In my interview, I brought up that we had struggles with that because he asked what our biggest difficulty was. Because of that, my companion and I both feel like he might be tranferred. We don´t know for sure yet but we´ll see what happens! We´ve been walking everywhere now because my companions back tire broke and he refuses to fix it. Anyways the other day we went over to do service for the Castillo family. They are the ones with the daughter that has cancer that lives in Argentina. Guess what? They have 16 pets in their tiny house. 10 cats and 6 dogs! They´re all from off the street so I guess that´s pretty cool but wow it´s pretty gross in their house. Anyways there´s nothing more to this story besides the fact that I felt like I had to tell you guys they had 16 pets. Cool story Trenton. Also 2 days ago I saw the saddest thing ever. I went outside our house and saw a dog walking around. I looked a little closer, and it´s 2 back legs were completely dead. It´s a little hard to explain, but if you guys feel so inclined go onto Youtube and type in ¨Family Guy Joe ran over by a tank¨ A half empty toothpaste.. is the best way to explain it like Peter Grifin does. Totally fine from the head halfway down his body, but everything else was completely dead. The 2 legs were straight behind the dog, with the bones visible and everything. We started walking away, and the dog started following us. The dog tried to bark, but it couldn´t. As we walked away, it started whimpering, I honestly felt sooooo bad. I asked if there was a service that would come pick it up and put it down or get it some help, but nope it doesn´t exist in Linares. We called the Castillos and they told us when we got back from going where we were going and if the dog was still there, to call them. We got back and the dog was gone and I have no idea what happened to it. Sooo sad. I´ve seen plenty of dead dogs and half of dogs that had been hit by the freight train.. ugh. I know you guys probably don´t want to hear that but it´s just stuff I see here in Linares! Anyways today was a really good P-Day. We went with that family up to the mountains and had a barbecue and stuff. On the way we stopped by the dam that I believe I sent a picture of already but we ended up going a lot further by a river and stuff. I took some pictures so I´ll try to send them. Also on the way back, we stopped by Eduardo´s dad´s house. (Eduardo is the guy that wants me to baptize him, but he won´t be ready by the 10th. The other missionaries were fine with it) There he has 2 horses and he let me ride it around. I had never done it so it was pretty fun! I  have some pictures of that too so if this computer is halfway decent I´ll send those. Also something I realized this past week. I´ve told you guys that I eat and I eat and I´m never full. Also when I lay down and breathe in I have horrible stomach pain near my appendix. But that´s nothing new since I got here to Chile but I had noticed I´m gaining weight. I left my mission at 155... I weighed myself the other day. 180 pounds. I can no longer make fat jokes with Jon.. it´s a sad day :( Anyways if you guys see Dustin´s letters home on Facebook could you maybe send it to me Mom? That would be awesome.. I´m hoping he´s doing well and enjoying the MTC in Guatemala. Sounds like Parker leaves tomorrow and Russ will be enjoying his Jack Daniels.. haha I laughed when I read that. I was wondering about Gabe Myers the other day.. he´s my really good friend I met in tech center. That´s cool he´s heading to Ecuador. Sounds like all my friends have their mission calls, or have already left. Dad thanks for the letter and the sports updates, I love them so keep them coming. And yes the headaches are still there, this past week was actually bad but I guess I´m just used to it. Who´s all planning on going to Mt. Rushmore? I´m jealous.. that´ll be cool. Mom, I´m sure it´s fine if you accept the friend request. I told them that you handle my facebook now and that´s what a lot of missionaries do. But there´s not a whole lot more to report and I´m going to try and send some pictures.. but thanks for everything and I love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment