Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm staying in Linares!




P-day

Hello family once again.. First off I want to give a shoutout to Jeffrey Ray Neilson for being the dopest dope father there is! Happy Father´s Day last Sunday Dad... I love you! I appreciate all you do for the family and all your efforts you make in work to provide for me and the family. So I am still here in Linares freezing my buff off! Haha no but for real.. it is freezing right now! But yes changes were today.. and I am staying in Linares! This next change is 8 weeks so I will for sure be here for the next 2 months. My companion will be leaving to Talca to be a Zone Leader, which means he´s off to the Rancagua mission. I will be staying in the Concepcion mission! Sorry Mom.. I know you´re disappointed I won´t be David Archuleta´s companion :( Elder Collins is also leaving to the office to be companions with Elder Arroyo, my first companion! My new companion is going to be Elder Bueno from Uruguay. And the replacement for Elder Collins is also going to be a Latin.  I´m going to be the only gringo in my house. So onto my awesome health.. still the same. My wrist has made no improvement over the past 2 weeks and it´s very painful to twist in both directions. It looks abnormal like you may have noticed in the picture but I can´t really do anything about it. The ¨doctor¨ looked at the X-ray on the computer and said he couldn´t tell if it was fractured or not. So all I can do is wait it out and see what happens. It seems like it should´ve improved a tiny bit over 2 weeks but it hasn´t. It just cracks and pops when I try and twist it.. Anyways I´ll keep you posted. I´ve also still had my migraines and other pains. Haha I´m so ugly.. and no mom that´s just a joke no worries. Anyways ummm remember Evelyn & Martin? Yeah they told us that they are confused about everything and no longer want us to visit them because of that.. which kind of sucks but oh well. We have a really good investigator named James.. I can´t remember if I´ve told you about him. He is about 26 years old and is really funny. I can´t understand a lot of what he says because he mumbles a lot. He said he wants to be baptized and is planning on coming to church. He went 2 weeks ago, but couldn´t last week because he had something going on. I think we are going to have to work with him on the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity so I´ll let you guys know how that goes. On Friday morning, we had a service project at the church. A member asked Elder Collins and me if we could be judges of an English contest! We had to go listen to 5th and 6th graders give speeches and judge them on their confidence and their pronunciation. After that, there was a spelling bee! We had to give them words to spell and then obviously tell them if they were right or wrong. There were a ton of people there to watch because I guess it´s a pretty big deal and they do it every year. In between the speeches and spelling bee, there were performances given by younger kids. They danced and sang to ¨Don´t Stop Believin¨ and ¨You´ll Be in My Heart.¨ I don´t know if that´s the title but it´s from Lion King! It was pretty funny and I have some video of it. By the way none of my pants fit anymore Mom.. I can´t button them up and I have to use my belt to close them up. Saturday night, we had an activity with our branch where we played soccer. Chileans are freaking good at soccer.. haha it was pretty fun but the concrete was all wet from the rain so it was slippery! There was also a marriage on Saturday that I was excited to go to with the other Elders but my companion said we couldn´t go. I was a little disappointed but whatever. Before I forget, next week our P-day will be on Tuesday because we have a conference on Monday. At least I think Tuesday.. so be expecting an email that day and not on Monday. I did get my bike fixed up with brakes. I´ve definitely learned how to fix bikes while I´ve been here. I will be taking Elder Collins bike when he leaves tomorrow because it´s nicer haha. I can´t think of a whole lot else to tell you guys.. I still feel like I´ve hit a wall in Spanish and am still struggling to communicate as well as I´d like but I am trying to stay patient. Sounds like Carter´s birthday party was a success! I can definitely picture Teags being super confused by Spider-Man/Jeremy.. haha oh my gosh so funny. Also Carter jumping into the swamp.. ¨Why´d you do it? ¨I don´t know!¨ Hahaha that kid is so funny. I was also wondering about Seth.. that´s good that he´s just about got his papers in. Let me know when you guys find out where he´s going.. I miss that kid! Anyways thanks for everything and I love you guys so much! I leave you with Tweety Bird´s Seeds of Wisdom: If you´re wondering whether or not a person is a midget.. here is a simple test: gently place the ¨soon to be known midget or not¨ on a street curb, turn around, walk 10 feet, and then turn around again. If you see that their feet are dangling.. you, my friend, have found yourself a midget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment