Monday, June 3, 2013

Unexpected Visit to the Hospital



Hello all! Thank you all for your letters.. I love coming to the computer place and opening my email and seeing all your letters! You guys are the best.. anyways as you may have noticed.. I had to go to the hospital again! Yayyyyy.. just when I thought my luck couldn´t get any worse! Anyways I believe it was Thursday night.. my companion and I were riding our bikes on a busy street going in between 15-20 miles an hour or so to kind of keep up with the traffic. All of a sudden.. nobody knows how.. but my front wheel and fork thing that connects my handlebars to the wheel just snapped off and disconnected. I went into the Superman position with my hands still on the handlebars. Hopefully you guys can understand what I´m saying happened.. my front wheel with handlebars disconnected from the other part of the bike. I landed straight on my stomach and wrist.. and immediately rolled over to my back and skid a couple feet. A bunch of people were walking nearby and came  to check if I was okay. Long story short my wrist is really jacked up. I had a hard time sleeping because it hurt so bad, and when I woke up the next morning, it was purple, cold, and I could barely feel it. I had to go to the hospital to get an x-ray. We waited about 3 hours because I don´t have a card from Chile and they were confused with what to do with my Utah Driver´s License. It was super ghetto... haha it´s the hospital where all the poor people go because they don´t have money. It´s like 4 bucks to get help in an emergency situation. Some lady fainted right in front of me, a guy came in with all his fingers cut off bleeding everywhere because of a chainsaw accident, and lots of other fun stuff like that! Jon if you remember that tsunami movie with Obi-Wan Kenobi.. the hospital looked like that.. well not that nice but with people lying on beds in the hallway. Anyways the doctor told me it´s not broken but it could be fractured and he couldn´t tell. I´m wearing this elastic brace and have to take medicine.. I took a picture of it soon after it happened so I´ll see if I can send that. Elder Collins has to tie my ties and button up my shirts in the morning because I am unable to.. haha it´s like I´m 2 again! When I try and make a cup upwards with my hand it pops and cracks and is pretty disgusting. But I am here in Linares so there´s not a whole lot I can do about it but deal with it.  I´ve been a little down because of it but I had a thought run through my head the other day. I thought to myself that you guys are paying $400 dollars a month, and I know you guys don´t want to pay that much money for me to be miserable, so I am trying as best as I can to still stay positive. Anyways onto this week! Tuesday I had a mini-cambio with Elder Barrios (new elder in my house) and it was a really long day. It was non-stop raining and nobody was home or would let us in! It started lightning, thundering, and hailing so we went into a little store and waited it out. The streets were flooded after that.. I was mad I didn´t have my camera but it´s probably good because my backpack was soaking wet and it might have ruined it. When we would ride our bikes, everytime we pedaled our feet would go completely under freezing cold water.. haha that day was an adventure! The other day we had Family Night with a less active family and with Evelyn & Martin. After the Catholic lady talked to Evelyn, she told us that she only wanted to visit us for once a week. It´s kind of crappy because I can kind of tell the Catholic lady affected her a little bit. Satan is doing everything he can to stop this work from progressing.. what´s up with that? Anyways we took some picures so I´ll try and send some! The less active mom´s name is Bernadita and she´s way cool. She loves the missionaries.. she is baptized.. but her husband isn´t. They aren´t married either but she has been coming to church. She told us she stopped coming to church for awhile because she had no friends there.. which is why she is trying so hard to help us to convert Evelyn.. which is awesome. We also have a less active mother and her family and we are working with her 13 year old son. His name is Jorge, and the and the mother told us they were planning on coming to church with us, but they never showed up. It´s super frustrating working so hard with them during the week and they don´t show up to church.
During our priesthood meeting at church, a weird guy wearing a beanie and a beard with jeans walks in and sits down. He starts speaking in English saying he doesn´t want to be bothered. Then he gets up in front of everybody and is only speaking English. He said something about the ¨North Americans¨(Elder Collins and me) and started going off about how Chileans are such horrible people and that he was Christ, and that all his siblings had been Christ as well. All the people just looked at me and Elder Collins saying.. what is he saying? Haha finally he sat down but kept blurting stupid stuff our during the lesson. He demanded he say the closing prayer, and it was super weird. He said half of it in English.. the half of it in Spanish. His pronunciation in English was surprisingly good but his grammar wasn´t the greatest. I could still get the gist of what he was saying. He started talking about Catholics and Evangelists and other religions in his prayer. After, he gave a paper to Elder Collins but the guy who was teaching took it and threw it away. I guess Collins knows the guy, and he´s asked him for help in getting in contact with people who live in Florida. I guess he lived in America for a short amount of time but I´m not sure. Anyways it was pretty weird and I was kind of scared because I thought he was going to pull out a gun or something when he first walked in haha. I forgot to tell you guys that 2 weeks ago I had to give a talk a 10 minute talk in sacrament meeting on the Restoration and it went pretty well. It´s hard because their pulpet is sooooo small and it doesn´t raise up, so I have to lean way down to talk hahaha. I also forgot to tell you guys that the Pulsiphers came to our ward to speak last week! I got a chance to talk to Sister Pulsipher for quite a while and I asked her about her blog! She was excited to hear that you like to read it mom.. she even took a picture of me and my companion and said she´s going to put it on there because she knows you would like it! I don´t know if she really will put it on there.. but just letting you know. She´s a really nice lady! I can´t think of a whole lot more to report.. we are going to continue to work with Evelyn, Martin, and Jorge and see what we can do! I am going to try and send you some pictures so hopefully those work! Thanks everyone who wrote me.. I really appreciate it! You guys are the best and I love you so much! Thanks Brian for sending those pictures.. and mom I loved the picture of Bella! I´m definitely printing that one out and it´s going in my photo album along with the pictures Brian sent me. That´s sad to hear about Mac.. tell the Howell´s I love them and thanks for everything! I miss everyone so much but I know I´m where the Lord wants me.. did you guys tell Grandpa thanks for everything and that I love him? I feel bad because I didn´t get to say bye to him before I left:( Thanks for all your prayers I know they´ve definitely helped me! Anyways I´m gonna go so I have some time to send you guys some picures!  Again thanks for all the letters and everything I love you guys so much! I leave you with Tweety´s Seeds of Wisdom: Never buy Great Value Oreos.. some Great Value items you can get away with.. but one thing that I have learned for sure.. STAY AWAY FROM THE ¨OREOS¨.


No comments:

Post a Comment