Monday, April 29, 2013

Crazy week!!!!


This week has been soooo crazy.  On Tuesday Elder Hancock ( from the MTC) and I left on a 3 hour bus ride to Concepcion for a new missionary conference. It was nice being able to talk to him because we´re really good friends now and we got everything out to each other. We arrived late at night, and when we got the house we were going to sleep in, we were told that our mattresses we were supposed to sleep in got stolen because the sister missionaries needed them more. Hahahaha of course! So me and Elder Hancock got to share a tiny L couch that had basically no cusion. The whole night our legs were just tangled with each other. It was awful hahaha. The next morning I got to meet up with all the new missionaries, including Elder Pachner and Elder Jensen from the MTC. It was so nice. Freak, I love Elder Jensen. I really feel like he is one of my best friends and we´ve only known each other since the MTC. But, he is most likely getting sent to the Rancagua mission. 2 areas of the Concepcion mission are getting moved to Rancagua when the new mission president comes in. The top 2 areas that is, and I´m one area away. The president still doesn´t know which missionaries will be going, and there´s a small chance that I might get changed there. If I do, I´ll make sure to get a picture with David Archuleta for you mom! That night I got to work in Concepcion with Elder Pepper, who went to Lone Peak. It is so much nicer than Linares, it´s crazy. We taught a few lessons, then I had the wonderful opportunity of sharing that great couch again with Elder Hancock for the night. I took a picture, but I don´t know if I´ll have time to send it. We had another day of conference the next day, where we got to eat Domino´s. Mmmmmm! Then as we were about to leave for the bus back to Linares, the zone leaders came up to me and told me that there had been an emergency transfer. I would be getting a new companion and trainer, and he was a native of Chile. He was from Antofogasta, and doesn´t know English. Elder Jensen busted out laughing when he heard this because he remembered how much bad luck I have. My new companion´s name is Elder Layseca, and it´s somewhat tough to communicate but we manage. I haven´t taken a picture with him yet, so I´ll get on that. We´re both relativey new to Linares, so we have to carry a map around with us everywhere we go. We do a ton of contacts, because we are trying to get more investigators obviously. Anyways, here is the crazy part. As me and Elder Hancock were getting off the bus and into the taxi, there were these 2 guys that were acting extremely funny. This guy kept closing Hancock´s taxi door he was getting into, and then I see him reach in his pocket and grab his camera, and try to run away. As Hancock grabbed him and told him in English to give him his camera back, the other guy pulled out 2 giant knives.Hancock was closer to them than me, and the guy put the butt of the knife on Hancock´s chest. Hancock backed away, and they took off with his camera. I felt so bad.. people are so stupid. It reminded me of when Trevor got a knife pulled on him when he was in New Joisey. Anyways I haven´t told you a whole lot about the other elders that I live with. Elder Rebollo is from Uruguay, and the other is from Texas. I went on a mini change with Rebollo like 2 weeks ago, and as I sat down to study Spanish like I always do, he was like what are you doing? I told him it´s my Spanish study time, and he got all mad. I told him the President told me in an interview that every day I have an hour to study every day for Spanish. He went off for like 15 minutes in Spanish about how prideful I was because he had been in the mission longer than me and he knew so much more than me. Turns out as I went to the conference and we went over our schedule, I was right. Then Elder Collins, is absolutely no help in Spanish. I´ll ask him questions like why is this word that way? Or stuff like that, and then he´ll be really short with me and explain it in Spanish. I´m like no bro, that´s not going to help. Then this morning, as I was getting in the shower, I had to light the heater thing with fire and turn it on. I asked him how to do it, and he pointed at the long directions in Spanish and said there´s the directions. They no duh bro I was asking you to explain how to do it in English because I can´t read those directions. It´s super frustrating but oh well. I love Tuesdays because I get to meet up with the other guys in my zone and they´re super helpful. One of the guys from Mountain View asked me who I lived with. I told him and he said, you live with those chumps? That sucks bro. Haha ugh my luck... can you believe it? Anyways yesterday was a really good day! We went to church, then after we went contacting for 2 hours before we had family home evening with some investigators. In 2 hours, we taught 5 lessons, with 5 new investigators. It was crazy, I swear every house we knocked on they let us in. I have to teach a lot during the lessons.. my companion will just look at me and then I have to take over. Sometimes I don´t even know where we´re at in the lesson but I just go for it. Then while in church a member came up to me and started talking to me. I pretty much had a full on conversation with him without really even trying. I guess he was just really easy to understand. People are obviously different when they talk. For example when old people talk, it´s nearly impossible to know what´s going on. While we visit the members, a ton of times they´re kid will pull out their English homework and ask for help. Most of the time it´s pronunciation. They have the hardest time with it it´s pretty funny. I never really thought of how hard English would be to learn. Anyways yesterday during out lessons, I just thought of how awesome it is to be able to just walk around and share the Gospel with everyone you see. You look at all the people and they just look so unhappy. It makes me feel bad that they have nothing to really live for. It sucks when people reject you and slam the door in your face because you know how much the Gospel can really help them. It´s crazy how much my mission has made me thankful for everything I have, and already strengthened my testimony. I´m so thankful for the Atonement and the ability it gives us to live with our families forever! Anyways, that´s really sad to hear about Tanner´s grandma. I got really sick to my stomach when I just read that.  I will be sure to write him an email and let him know I´m thinking of him. I love that kid so much! Okay just a few small things I want to let you guys know or a few random questions. I just went to the bank and I believe I withdrew 200 dollars from my checking account. I wasn´t sure if you guys had put any in savings, so I withdrew from checking just to be safe. Mom, I don´t think I packed my thermal garments... I might have to order some on the internet and have them sent to the mission home. I´ll have to see. Also, I will be able to Facetime on Mother´s Day.. how dope is that? The very first night that I was up with really bad stomach pain, I went downstairs to try and take some Tums. At nights, there are about 15 or 20 huge slugs that just come out of nowhere and chill on our kitchen floor. While walking in pain and complete darkness, I stepped on one in my socks! It exploded everywhere and my sock was soaked in slug guts. It´s no regular slug, they are GIANT. Like almost as big as my foot. Hahaha it´s nasty. Anyways the members here are super nice. They understand I don´t know a ton of Spanish so they help me! Sometimes they laugh at me but it´s all good :) Thanks so much Dad for the sports updates.. keep them coming! Also thanks to everyone else that wrote me.. it means a lot and I love you guys!  I love being able to share the Gospel with people who have problems that the Gospel can help them with. It´s a cool feeling knowing that I can help these people to be happier in their lives.  It´s been a really good week for me apart from the health problems!  :) so it´s all good! I am just trying to stay positive! Thank you guys for everything! Keep the Teagan quotes coming Robyn, I love them so much. I seriously was just laughing out loud in this public computer place as I read them. I love all of you so much and I´ll talk to you later!I leave you with Tweety Bird´s Seeds of Wisdom: Who do spiders think they are?  All they do is use people. Hey look I´m a spider, I live in your house and I don´t even pay rent! If you really think about it, spiders are such mooches. So ridiculous.

                                                                                                    Trempin OUT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment