Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Less than a week left here in the CCM!

  • April 2, 2013

Hello everyone! How is good old Sandy? I am doing pretty well here considering it is P-Day! I am writing this at 5:30 in the morning once again, so let's hope I can focus :) That's sad to hear about Grandpa! Hopefully he can get better quickly! Last week I put Grandma on the prayer role, so I'll make sure to get both of them on it again when I go today! It's my last time going to the temple for 2 years.. so crazy! I'm so excited to get to Chile. I know I'll probably get really homesick when I get there, but I'm super excited to do something other than sit in class and listen to those girls ask question after question after question. The district 2 weeks behind learned Present Subjunctive the same day as us. They only have 2 hermanas in their district. That's the case with everyone, but of course not mine! You guys probably think I am exaggerating how bad it is.. but I'm not. Our teachers have talked to just the elders, and how they feel bad for us. They have written President Dittmar (Branch President) multiple times expressing their concern. It's not so much 2 of the hermanas, but the other 4.. oh my gosh. Hermana Bell & Mergenthaler are so dope! We always talk to them about it and they feel the same way. Bell is the one from Alta and M is the 21 year old from Montana. The other day while learning an important Spanish concept, our teacher let us have a water break. Heading back, we walk into one of the girls just crying. Guess what the elders have to do? Sit out in the hall for 40 minutes while she sits there and cries to the teacher.. during our Spanish class! Ugh I was so mad. We seriously almost just left and went back to our residence. This isn't the only time that's happened.. it's happened multiple times. One girl here has received about 12 blessings (no exaggeration)  because she gets this feeling that something isn't right at home and just starts crying and freaking out. Every day. Sorry it's just so frustrating because us elders could know so much more Spanish! Our day teacher took us aside one time and told us how we are better teachers than the hermanas. It made me feel pretty good! 2 of the girls started crying last week because they had a hard time teaching one of our teachers (progressive investigator). They were wondering how my companion and I had committed him to baptism already and they couldn't even get him to grasp the concept of Joseph Smith. We took like a half hour out of our language study to talk to them about what they could do better. It's just frustrating and I'm ready to be in Chile. Which brings me to my next thing that people have asked me about.. am I ready for the language in Chile? Hahaha probably not.. I can understand everything when people here talk.. but I know it'll be much different in Chile. They have a lot of slang words I here, and they speak really fast. I know it'll just take time while I'm there! I've been talking to Peter Morgan (the one in my mission) and he said he could possibly be training when I get there. Hopefully I see him or he's my companion that would be sweet! Very small chance but it's all good. Dad, I haven't heard anything from Gleason yet. I'll write Jay and ask for his email. I don't know anything about a picture the MTC took. Was it a set up one with a bunch of missionaries looking at the camera or did it just look like me in the background? Either way I'm pretty sure it's not me. I can't believe you guys already forgot what I looked like.. wow.. :) So Easter was really good here! We had our morning devotional at about 8 am and I was excited because I had front row and I got to pass the sacrament! But wait.. Trenton's bad luck kicks in again! We didn't have a Quorum of the 12 come.. it was Bishop Gerald Causse from the Presiding Bishopric. As disappointed as I was he still did a great job. I guess Elder Holland assigned him to come that day to speak to us. The kid that said the opening prayer in it is heading to DJ Teaskie's mission! The day before I got here, they had a Quorum of the 12 speak, and I will bet you anything another one will come on April 9! Hahahaha my luck ;) Gym is pretty much the best thing here! I love playing basketball with everyone in my zone. The 3 point record is 17 in a row here. Guess what? I got 21 in a row! But wait.. as we were all trying to break it.. the gym person just happened to be looking away as I broke it. So they won't count it.. even though I had about 6 people watching and rebounding for me. Wait a minute Trevor, what was that about all my good luck? Haha it's all good I'll break it this week! I tried again yesterday but I only got 9. I've been trying to break it with some guys in my zone.. speaking of which.. the district a week ahead of us just left! I really got so close to them and it sucks that they're gone now. They had 6 guys in their district, but I got to be way good friends with 3 of them. One of them went to Orem, one lives in Idaho, and the other close to Vegas! I will try and send pictures possibly. I guess you saw the pictures, but I was able to host Kayla on Wednesday! It was pretty cool.. I haven't seen her since which is really strange. If she's learning Spanish I should see her quite often. I have seen and talked to Madi Bernson quite a bit! She was Tanner's age and one of Tanner's good friends. I've also talked to one of my friends Jaxon Jefferson! I think he was supposed to go straight to the Peru MTC but for some reason that didn't work out. We planned to get a picture last night but I went to his residence and couldn't find him. Also on Wednesday, I was able to host this kid that was from Idaho. He drove a big SUV down and jammed like 15 people in it. He had such a hard time saying goodbye to his family, especially his nephews. It definitely made me tear up as I can easily relate to him. I have seen him around and asked him how he's doing now and he's doing pretty well! So the other day I was going a little crazy because I hadn't listen to music in awhile. I was on the computer for some language study, and I figured out how to pull up some EFY music! It was nice to listen to all the songs I love. I really like the song "Hold on, the Light Will Come." I listened to that over and over and it applies to everything here! I love it so much.. so dope. Anyways on Sunday, we were able to have a testimony meeting in the afternoon. I got up and bore my testimony in Spanish! There's also this French Guy in our zone that hardly speaks any English. I have no idea how he is learning Spanish when he doesn't even know English, but it's all good. He even got up to bear his testimony and he did a really great job! It's crazy how fast he is learning everything. Sunday night we had another devotional. I can't remember her name, but the CEO of Deseret Book came and spoke to us.
 So since I leave within a week, I better give you guys some details so I can call you guys!!! I'm so excited to talk to everyone it will be so nice. I miss everyone so much.. it's hard having such an awesome family because you miss them that much more! I love Monday after dinner because I get to read everyone's letters. Everyone gives me crap because I get so many Dear Elders that day. Thank you all so much.. like really. Anyways I will leave here on April 8th at 7:05 in the morning and arrive in L.A. at 7:55 am. Who is coming to see me at the airport? :) Haha then I leave L.A. at 1:45 pm and arrive in Santiago at 7:00 am on the 9th. I don't know how the time zone changes work but whatever. Then I leave Santiago at 8:45 am on the 9th and arrive in Concepcion at 9:55. I don't know what the situation will be with people having to work or what not.. but I figured calling from L.A. when I have that layover would work best. I'm not sure all the details yet as they haven't told us much, but I'm guessing I'll get to email one more time before I take off here to give you the final details. I'm not sure tho.. so if you don't get an email don't freak out! Can everyone let me know what their plan is? Is everyone going to be at Mom & Dad's or do I need to call everyone individually? Please let me know in a Dear Elder as soon as possible so I can maybe write a written letter home to make sure we have everything set up. I'm so excited to talk to everyone! Robyn, I laughed so hard when I read about Teagan controlling his own heart, and his snot on his shirt! Hahahaha yeah I can just picture the whole thing in my head perfectly. I love getting the notes from them.. they're always so funny and make me laugh!  That's awesome that Carter has that book memorized! Even my note.. what a baller :) I don't even remember what I wrote.. but that kid is so smart! Oh my gosh I just love my nephews so much. Hermana Bell & Mergenthaler wanted to see my photo album but I had forgotten to bring it that day. I pulled out my debit card and all the girls wanted to see them! They thought they were so cute! They all had to know their names and their ages, and which ones were brothers. Why do I have the coolest nephews in the world? Mom, thanks for the package by the way.. I loved it! The Dr. Pepper was amazing.. I always crave it so thank you so much! I can't think of much more to say, I'm just thankful for all you guys do for me! It's crazy how much a mission can make you be so much more thankful for everything, especially your family. Like I said, please let me know as soon as possible about what your guys' plan is for when I call home. I will most likely call from L.A. in between when I get there and 1:45. I think that is California time but I really don't know for sure. I know everyone can't wait around all day so let me know when you guys would like me to try and call home. A week from today, I will be in Chile! How crazy is that? Anyways I leave you all with Tweety's Seeds of Wisdom: Be careful in the shower. Never ignore some left behind garments. There's always that ever so slight chance that a creepy looking  kid will open your curtain, WALK INTO your shower, and grab his garments he forgot. I love you all family and I'll talk to guys on the phone next week! :)                                       
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TREMPIN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. Happy soon Birthday to Robyn and Brinley! I love you guys so much!
p.s.s. Can someone give me Cole Morgan's email address? Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment