Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ONLINE COORDINATOR!

  • Hola my wonderful family!‏

Hey dudes! How's it going back in good old Sandy? From the letters I've been reading it seems pretty good! Here in my least favorite part of Utah in Provo it's going pretty well. Apparently last week my email seemed down.. I didn't think it was! I was actually extremely happy because it was P-Day. I was just tired.. the same as right now. We like to get up really early, do our laundry, get our emails sent, and then go back and take a nap! It's 5:30 am so my letter will probably be all over the place like last time :) Sorry about that! I had a list of stuff I wanted to tell everyone but I left it in my classroom last night. So I quickly made a new one so hopefully I can remember everything. First of all, I just want to say how crazy it is how much I've learned here while being in the MTC! It's been 4 weeks and I can't believe how much I've learned.  So I wasn't always the smartest with Book of Mormon stories so guess what I did? I went to the bookstore and bought a book with pictures in it! Haha Tanner told me that helped him so I had to give it a try. I read through the whole thing and it's helped so much! Yesterday in class I had to tell the story of Zeezrom. I would've been screwed if I hadn't read my little kids book.. :) The people in my district had fun making fun of me for reading it.. haha it's all good though! I had an interview with my teacher the other night and he said how cool it was that I showed the initiative to want to learn more about the Book of Mormon.Do you guys want to hear an embarrassing story? I got a new "assignment", not a calling. Haha Elder Jensen and Hancock got called to be our zone leaders, my companion is the new district leader, and for me... ONLINE COORDINATOR! Hahahahahahahaha pretty sure since I was the only one left they just had to make something up so I didn't feel bad. Apparently, I have to help the new districts log into TALL, which is a program on the computer to help teach us Spanish. I even had to stand up in Sacrament meeting for it.. our new zone leaders stand up, our new district leader stand up, and now our online coordinator! Hahaha the guys in my zone have a lot of fun with it.. I love the district that got here a week before us! I'm way cool with all of them and we always play dunk ball when we get back to the residence. It kind of sucks that they leave for Mexico this Monday. Last week on Tuesday, we went early to go do choir. We got there about 10 minutes early and it was already full! What a joke.. way too many missionaries here. We are probably going to try again today. Guess what? I get to be here in the MTC for Easter and for general conference? Not going to lie that's pretty cool! On Sunday, my district has been asked to pass the sacrament at an MTC wide sacrament meeting. Apparently, it will be the largest sacrament meeting in church history. I don't know if that's true but that's what we've been told. There will be an apostle there, and after either passing or blessing the sacrament, I get front row! I'm pretty excited about that.. we have no idea who the speaker will be. Unfortunately last week, it wasn't Holland. I'll let you guys know who comes to speak to us on Sunday though! The Spanish is still coming along! It'll be a lot of hard work, and the biggest problem I have right now is just remembering all the conjugations. I'm one of the better ones in my district, but my teacher said we are the fastest progressing district he has had. He said you guys are definitely ready for the field. Now I know I'll get there and have no idea what's going on, but oh well! On Sunday we were able to go to a devotional and then it was movie night. We weren't able to make it into the actualy devotional because it was full. We had to go to one of the 5 overflow rooms. It was still good however. Afterwards we went to the gym and watched a movie about Christ coming, his atonement, and the resurrection. I felt the Spirit super strong while watching it. The girls in my district, uggggggggh. I was talking to Elder Hancock the other day and I guess our teacher has had so many complaints in his reviews to the Branch President. Seriously I don't know how to explain her but oh my gosh she makes me want to bang my head into 2 stop signs, kick a cat, and punch my kneecap. Yes you read that right. I really only like 2 of the girls in my district. Hermana Bell and Hermana Mergenthaler. Bell is the cute from Alta in Weston Farnsworth's ward. Mergenthaler is the one from Montana who is 21 years old. They are heading to Argentina but they haven't received their visas. A guy is supposed to come and take their fingerprints, but he hasn't yet. At this point, it will be too late. They won't even be able to leave the state until he comes. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with a visa! Elder Jensen and I were talking to them yesterday at lunch and they feel the same away about all the other girls. It is unbelievable how many questions the other girls can ask one after the other, making it so incredibly hard to learn. Jensen and I always joke about how we would be fluent in Spanish if it wasn't for them. Also we've had to give like 10 blessings already. Not trying to be rude, but they'll sneeze and ask us for a blessing. I know it's a good opportunity for us to exercise our priesthood, but I feel like they ask us just for fun. Also last week, we were with our teacher and we had to go down 2 floors. I can't remember if I already told you guys this story.. anyways our teacher took us to the elevator so we could get there quicker. 3 of the girls got so butthurt because missionaries aren't supposed to use the elevator. My teacher was like wow are you serious? Haha it's so annoying. I know I'll definitely miss some parts of the MTC and should be careful what I wish for, but I have a feeling once I'm adjusted to the culture I'll like Chile a lot more. I want to actually help real people instead of these progressive investigators that my teachers play! The lessons are getting a little easier now.. they were super stressful at first because I had to find out how to say everything. I now know a lot more so I can outline it in English and translate as I go. I still say a lot of words wrong but that's okay! I've only been here 4 weeks :) Last night we were able to do TRC's. That's where members come and volunteer, and it's like a hometeaching visit. We had to teach these 2 girls for 40 minutes in Spanish. We taught her about revelation through the Book of Mormon. One was a native from Peru (actually pretty cute), and the other was in her 4th year of learning Spanish. The one from Peru actually helped us quite a bit so it was pretty cool. Last week at TRC's was awful! We had a middle aged man from Peru that spoke sooooo fast. And he pretty much talked the whole time. He wouldn't even let us teach him! It was good though because we got to see how fast people will talk once we get to Chile! That's one part I'm not excited for haha.  Last Tuesday I was able to go the the temple and do initiatories. It was the first time I was able to go back and do those. We quickly got done with our first set, so we did 2!  It took a while because I had a guy that was training. Let me know how working at the temple goes! That will be pretty cool for you guys. While I've been here, I've memorized the purpose of a missionary and the first vision in Spanish! Our teacher challenged us to do it, and I did it! I had them both memorized within the first week. People in our district are still struggling to memorize them. I don't know how to change this computer to a Spanish keyboard, so the words will be wrong and have no accent marks or whatever. So don't think I'm that retarded! Here is the first vision: Vi una columna de luz, mas brillante que el sol, directamente arriba de mi cabeza. Y esta luz gradualmente descendio hasta descansar sobre mi. Al reposar sobre mi la luz, vi en el aire arriba de mi a dos Personajes, cuyo fulgor y gloria no admiten descripcion. Uno de ellos me hablo, llamandome por mi nombre y dijo, senalando al otro, este es mi hijo amado: Escuchalo! This is so powerful when you recite it during one of your lessons! Anyways hopefully I got that all right or I'm going to look like an idiot :) So on Wednesday I get to host! Elder Hancock's twin is coming in that day, so he's going to try and pick him up. Kayla comes in at 1:30.. hmm I'll try and be out there and see if I can talk to her. Obviously I can't host her but it would be cool to see her. Jeremy, Elder Jensen had an extra bracket for me so I filled it out the other day. I was mad because I heard about Georgetown losing before I had a chane to fill it out. I still put them going to the Sweet 16 though. That's crazy a 15 seed beat them! I also heard the 15 seed advanced to the Sweet 16. Wow that's so sick. You can still send me a bracket and I'll fill it out and send it back so you can see how well I did! I had Gonzaga in the championship and I heard they lost too. March Madness is so crazy! I definitely do miss watching that.. it was one of my favorite parts of the year. The Jazz sound like they're doing horrible. I wonder what players will be leaving after this year. Dad, you said Schulz was playing pretty well. Is he doing better than Wilson? And what have you heard about Brandon Cox? I'm glad Dennis Erickson promised a faster paced offense. I think that will help a lot. Ugh, I'm going to miss football so much. Like seriously. Mom, you can send my package whenever. I can't really think of anything specific I really need. An Easter package would be great. Thanks so much I love you! Maybe another package or 2 of those mints we like. If the shoes are too big of a hassle, don't worry about them. I'm only here for 2 weeks and I'll be sending them back. It's totally up to you! Those pringes were so good.. I don't think they have the sour cream & onion ones in the bookstore though :( I  ordered 2 Chile shirts from the bookstore. I will be sending one back that you guys can see and just hold onto for when I get back. I've heard from some people that Grandma is doing better, and from some others that she hasn't been. Hopefully she will be okay and recover from that fall! Let me know what she is going to be doing after the care center depending on the Medicare or whatever. Heather, I loved the pictures of the baby! The 3D one was awesome. Those are my kind of ultrasounds. Good luck with sleeping! I know I wouldn't be able to get any sleep if my belly was gigantic ;) I laughed when I read the story about Carter and the cave! I can totally see him pretending to go on a bear hunt and going into the cave. Tip toe, tip toe, tip toe! Hahaha so funny. I'm glad he likes his book and remembers me :) 2 nights ago I had a dream that we all went to Trevor & Heather's house for some reason. I saw Teagan, picked him up, and he said quietly "I miss you." It made me so sad! Then he proceeded to get mad at me for leaving him, but oh well! I woke up right after that and I was so sad. Funny how dreams can do that to you. Anyways I should probably go so I can send you guys some pictures! I took quite a few yesterday so hopefully they will send. Did they work last time? Nobody let me know so I will try the same thing I did last week. Thank you guys for all the letters and everything that you guys do for me! I seriously have the best family and I love you guys so much! And now I leave you with Tweety Bird's Seeds of Wisdom: Does anybody else get frustrated while eating Pringles? The whole time I'm eating them, I'm just so concerned about my hand fitting inside the can to grab some more Pringles. Has anyone ever thought about making a can like a deodorant stick? The bottom should have a twisting mechanism to push the chips to the top of the can. If anyone would like to write a letter to Pringles Incorporated and share with them this wonderful and thoughtful idea, it would be much appreciated. If they like the idea so much as to incorporate it into their cans, please share your millions of dollars you receive from the company with me because this was my wondeful insight to the world. Hasta luego familia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment