Monday, March 4, 2013

"I can barely remember what I did in the morning by the time the day is over.."

3-1-2013
  Dear Family,
        I just wanted to start off by telling you guys how much I love you!  I still miss you guys so much.  This is so hard as Brian, Trevor, Jeremy, and Jon already know.  I know the first week is hard, so I'm trying to get through it.  Thank you all so much for the letters.  Everyone is jealous because I always get the most letters!  You guys are awesome.  I don't have a whole lot of time so I'm trying to hurry.  Jon, If someone will do choir with me in my district, I will definitely do it!  I have always known that I feel the Spirit the strongest through music.  I know that will help me have a better MTC experience.  Thanks so much for your letter.  It really helped me, as well as Jeremy's.  Everyone's helped me...wow, I really do love you guys more than anything!  Thanks Hayden & Teagan for writing me!  You guys are such ballers!  Mom, I love getting your letters.  It gives me something to look forward to.  Please keep them coming. :)  Papa Gleason has even written me twice!  That man is so dope!  I'm still homesick, and it's hard to stop thinking about you guys and home.  
So my companion, wow!  We try to plan lessons in Spanish for our role playing investigator and he just shoots down every idea I have.  Every single one.  Finally I got fed up and just stopped mentioning things.  When we were done, he asked me, "why are you serving a mission?  I mean in there you weren't even doing anything. "  This made me so mad!  I didn't know how to handle the situation, so I just told him I need to take breaks from studying so much.   When we got back to our room, I asked Elder Jensen if he would come with me to get a picture with Gleason.  (The night before I went with my companion and Gleason wasn't in his room.  I believe he was in the bathroom, but my companion wouldn't wait.)  Elder Jensen is by far my favorite, and I talked to him about it.  He said he had heard my companion and me talking and he totally agreed with me.  I don't know what to do.  I came into here just hoping that I would have a companion that I liked. 
 By the way, my district has 6 girls, and 4 guys.  There is only one cute girl, Hermana Bell.  She went to Alta and thinks she recognized me from the basketball games.  We had so much class today, it was ridiculous.  3 hours of class, dinner break, then 3 more hours.  The days are so long here I can barely remember what I did in the morning by the time the day is over.  I'm one of the best at Spanish in my district.  My teacher was actually pretty surprised.  I miss Bella :(  I find hair on my suits and it makes me sad.  Oh, this morning when I woke up, I had the sickest feeling in my stomach.  Just homesickness.  I'm just trying to get over it.  Please pray and continue to write me.  I was excited that I got a letter from Tanner this morning in hopes for some advice!  But he just sent me a card of him and his district's picture.  Oh well, I will be sure to write him.  Oh and also thank Macee for writing me!  I want to write people personal letters really bad.  It's hard too because there's not much time, but I for sure will.  I can't think of a whole lot more to say but I don't really have time to write anymore. 
I'll make sure I write again and give you some more details.  Mom, I will try to remember how much tithing I owe.  Please send that debit card, that would be awesome!  I also might need you to send some more shirts, and if possible one of my pairs of shoes.  Don't send anything besides the card yet until I let you know what I need.  Well, if you send some cand and/or Dr. Pepper/Mountain Dew, I don't think I would complain. :)
I love you guys and I'll be sure to keep writing often!  Thanks for everything!
Trempin out!
P.S.  Mom, let me know about what the interview with the Draper temple presidency is all about!  And thanks for the quote from Henry B. Eyring
P.S.S. Did you guys get my first handwritten letter?  Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment