Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hola Familia!

Hola familia! First off I want to give a shout to my boy Dustin Barlow for getting his mission call to the Guatemala, Guatemala City South mission! He leaves July 24th to the Guatemala MTC.. so sick! What mission was Brian in? I can't remember. The Spanish is coming along okay! It is very frustrating to learn, but I know if I work hard and do my part, the Lord will help me. My companion is still hard to get along with. He was homeschooled and isn't the greatest communicator. Oh well, only 4 more weeks. I really am ready to get out of here already! Sitting in class all day gets super old. Our progressive investigator is a good experience, but it's super challenging. Preparing for the lesson with my companion is hard enough, but going in there and asking him questions and teaching him a lesson all in Spanish is tough. I feel like the biggest idiot because I know I'm saying a lot of words wrong. Let's see.. our devotionals I don't remember who spoke! We had a Seventy speak last Tuesday, and just the president of the MTC this past Sunday. I'm not sure who is speaking tonight, they don't tell us until we get there. Mom, thanks so much for the package! I love those cookies, they're the best! Just send me that photo album whenever it's ready, that will be awesome! That's sad to hear about Dan's mom, I hope she can pull through! Dad, step out of your comfort zone just like me and just be an ordinance worker! Everything will work out, I promise. I was able to go to the temple last P-Day. It was pretty good!  You know how I get anxious about the dressing part? Well this time was even worse! Everything had to be tied on the spot. I was so nervous haha. I said a prayer at the beginning asking that everything would go well and it did! Umm favorite meal.. there are actually no Lucky Charms here, just Marshmallow Matey's! It doesn't really seem like anybody eats that actually, mostly the Fruit Loops. The food here really is so awful. I have to force myself to eat it because I'm so hungry. Brian, thanks so much for that poem! It really was the best. Can someone please laminate it and send it to me all typed up? That would be great. I'm so glad the kids are praying for me, I really need it! :) I'm glad the kids all liked my letters. I wanted to give them each an individual letter with their own envelope! I love my nephews so much! Other missionaries talk about how they have a cute nephew and I just feel bad for them because they don't have Hayden, Teagan, Carter, or Dallin as nephews! Heather, for sure let me know how the ultra sound goes! I'm so excited. So I made a new rule. No more kids until my work here is done okay? That obviously goes for the married kids! :) Hopefully Carter can do without his binky! Let me know how that goes as well. As for Trevor, only 5 more months of school, you can do it! I laughed so hard when I read about Teagan getting all the cups out and water all over the counter mom. I can totally see him doing that. So the other day my companion and I got a chance to teach a lesson in English! Oh my gosh it was sooooo easy compared to Spanish! Apparently I asked some really good questions and people felt the Spirit really strong when I testified. My teacher then asked us the next day to teach him as an example to the rest of our district. I wanted to go into more detail about my district, but they seriously give you no time. Only 30 minutes and I had to read everyone's email before I wrote this! Oh well, maybe I will in a letter soon. It's just so much easier to type. Mom, some things I may need in my next package: Fitted bed sheet! I don't know why they told us to bring flat ones, but the fitted ones would probably work better. I don't need a pillow anymore, I just stole one from another elder that took off to Chile a couple days ago! Also that laminated poem that Brian has.. it's awesome and I love it! Umm I would like maybe a tennis ball and a rubik's cube? I get really bored in our rooms at night and feel like I need something to do. If you don't want to send the rubik's cube that's totally fine! I know the one we have is really awful, so maybe a new one? And instructions on how to do the top layer? :) I would maybe need a few more underarmour shirts. My basketball one is a long sleeved one, and I don't want that. I don't know about that black utah one because I already have one. I don't know if I have anymore, but if you can find some cheap ones at the store somewhere that would work. I also need my gray nike web belt. I don't like wearing my church belt with my jeans. Also if you can find a really cheap Shakeweight at Ross or T.J. Max I would like that too! An elder has one here and he loves it. I am definitely sleeping better but some Advil PM couldn't hurt.   Anyways I have 5 minutes left and I stil want to try and send some pictures so I gotta hurry! I love you guys all so much and thank you for everything! I'll probably continue to write letters if I can find the time! Love you all! I leave you with the legendary Tweety Bird's seeds of wisdom: Don't mistake a raisin cookie for a chocolate chip cookie. That is the main reason I have trust issues.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                     -Elder Neilson
 
p.s. If the pictures work, I am standing next to Elder Jensen, then it's Elder Pachner I believe (my companion), and then Elder Hancock, our district leader! 
 
p.s.s The pictures didn't work

No comments:

Post a Comment