Monday, March 4, 2013

Hardest thing I've ever done...

2-28-2013
  Dear Family,
          I love you guys so much!  They wanted us to write a quick letter home letting you guys know that everything is okay.  I'm not going to lie, this is extremely difficult.  Saying goodbye to everyone was the hardest hing I've ever done.  I got a chance to read everyone's letters they wrote me yesterday.  Thank you guys so much.  It really did help me.  I think coming home crosses every missionary's mind when they first get here.  It's extremely  hard not to think about because I already miss everyone so much.  I am trying to stay strong.  It is hard not to think about the kids and how I will be missing out on a small part of them growing up.  I love them more than anything and they mean everything to me.  I know I need to set a good example for them!  I don't want this whole letter to be depressing, so I will tell you a little about my day yesterday!  I got to talk to Gleason, Bryson, Keisini, and that kid from tech center a little bit.  It wasn't for very long, but it was still good!  Dinner was alright, but not my favorite.  
        My companion is okay, he's just a little weird.  He always just stares at me which is really awkward hahaha.  My room has 4 people total in it.  We are all going to Concepcion, Chile.  I get along pretty well with one of them.  He likes Utah basketball and football.  By the way, I slept awful! Haha.  The bed is tiny and my legs don't fit very well.  It was also freezing in my room and I had the thinnest, smallest blanket that you can imagine.  Also, I only had one pillow which was soooo flat!  I just laid in bed thinking about everything and I couldn't fall asleep.  Oh well!  I believe my P-day will be on Tuesday, so I will be able to email you guys then.  I will also go into more detail about my companion and maybe send some pictures.  It's hard because like Tanner said, everyone here is so much more spiritual than me.  I know I just need to work hard though.  Sorry if this letter is all over the place...I'm writing it at 7 am and I'm so tired.  We haven't started any Spanish lessons or anything, which I'm kind of looking forward to.  Everyone tries to speak Spanish to me here.  I can understand a little bit, but it just makes me feel like an idiot.  Anyways, I know that I am struggling and I hope I can stay strong.  Thanks for all the help everyone gave me in getting out here.  I might write one more letter home, or two, before I email on Tuesday.  It helps me to vent a little bit!  I love you guys so much!

    So I didn't get a chance to mail this yet and I wanted to write a few more things!  I have also seen a couple more people I know, Kevin Maxwell and Emily Lloyd.  By the way, I hate the food here.  It is horrible.  I like the apple juice and the chocolate milk though!  I decided I don't hold up my foam finger for my companion (means I don't like him a whole lot).  We have to teach a 15 minute lesson to a teacher (role playing as investigator) all in Spanish.  We are having a hard time agreeing on how to teach him.  I'm also really tired of just sitting in class.  We have gym soon and I'm so excited to show everyone what's up!  By the way, I thought we were going to start at the beginning of Spanish, hence I'm in the beginner's class.  But apparently not.  They just dove right in and I feel like we're moving so fast.  Sorry I'm all over the place, I just have so many thoughts and things I remember.  It's so hard being away from the kids.  They don't really understand what I'm doing, and I feel like I'm abandoning them because of that.  I really hope things get easier.  I can't stop thinking about home and it's so hard.  Please let me know anything that happens at home!  Please pray that this will get easier for me and I love you guys so much!
Trempin in out!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment