Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hello everyone!

March 19, 2013
Hello everyone! How is everybody doing? I hope all is well at home! It sounds like it is all except for Grandma! That's so sad, I hope she can somewhat recover. Grandpa is probably a little bit sad but it's good that he knows he can't do it all by himself. It was wearing him down too much too fast. I'm emailing on a computer in the laundry room that doesn't have a timer so I can write a little bit more of what I want. Mom, There's only one room with a printer and I'm not in it. They seriously need to think things out a little bit more since they have 2.4 million missionaries here. I'm sad I missed out on the scavenger hunt! Sounds like fun and that all the boys enjoyed it. I could see the pictures you sent, but I wasn't able to open them and make them bigger. Seriously I miss my computer so much. I could do so much with that thing and these computers are awful! You can't mess with any settings whatsoever and every little thing has passwords on it. So annoying. Thanks so much for the package tho! I realized I got my letter to you a little late. Don't worry about the instructions for the rubiks cube.. I'm smart and figured it out myself :) Elder Jensen wants me to teach him how to do it! We got a basketball hoop for a group that left today and the tennis balls are coming in handy for that. And the cookies and cream bar and pringles.... my favorites! The shirt is perfect too! Thank you so much Mom I love you! I would like my basketball shoes, but if it's too much to send don't worry about it. They're those white nike ones with the maroon and black shoelace in the separate ones. If you do send them, be careful because I have two pairs of those ones! I would like the newer ones with the different colored shoelaces. I was just going to send them back with some other stuff before I take off to Chile, which can't come soon enough! If it's too much of a hassle, don't worry about it. Like really I'd be fine without them I think.. maybe. Yes I am sick of the MTC, waiting in lines, and sitting in class. I only have 2.5 weeks left tho! I think that's what I'm at, time here is so weird. Seriously all the days just blend together. Trevor and Heather, you should definitely send a picture of the ultrasound if you can! I'm not very good at looking at those things, but we'll see what happens! I laughed at the picture of him and his Star Wars mask, that's so funny. I love that kid! I wanna go on a bear hunt with him! Boooooooo :( Brian, I have seen two of the Lund family members! One was Hailey.. or Haley, I don't know.. but I believe she is Rob's daughter? I briefly talked to her for a little bit and have seen her a couple more times. I have also seen another one.. he's a teacher here? Was his name Cray or something? Haha I can't remember. I feel like he is Rob's kid as well. But we recognized each other and I talked to him for a little bit! The language is still coming along. Right now we are learning Direct & Indirect Object Pronouns. All my English friends have left me here in the MTC! Ugggh I was so jealous of Bryson leaving. I got some pictures of him but I forgot my camera so I can't send any pictures this week :( It's not like the quality would be very good anyways. Stupid computers. I really am so mad about it you have no idea. We woke up at 4:50 in the morning to try and get to the laundry first to get it done and take a nap later. So if this letter doesn't make much sense it's because I'm really tired! Of course there were still people here already hahaha. My luck. Oh speaking of my luck, my district kind of has a joke of how I get "boned" with everything. Like I've just had some bad luck. I've had people walk in on my shower twice and just some other things. Hahaha I've always had bad luck no matter what Trevor may say! On Sunday I wasn't able to go to the devotional. My companion has been sick for the past couple of days and he wanted to go sleep that night. I didn't complain because I was able to take a nap and a 30 minute scalding hot shower :) I'm sitting by Emily Lloyd right now and she told me that Jeffrey R. Holland is supposed to speak tonight. I guess his granddaughter or daughter is here or something and he always speaks when that happens. And today is the last Tuesday she'll be here before she takes off. We're not positive but that would be really cool! I'll let you guys know! You should definitely let me know about the mission calls, I'm really curious where everyone will be heading. When you forward my friends emails, would it be possible to put them in a dear elder so I have time to read them? That would be awesome. On Sunday, I had to say the opening prayer in Sacrament Meeting in Spanish! Booooooooo..... I feel like an idiot speaking in Spanish haha I wish I was already fluent! The girls in my district are super lame. My teacher told us that we were going to play a game during our class. If we spoke any English, people would snap and we would have to give up one of our cards. Whoever had the most cards at the end would win. A couple of the girls said, "No, the missionary handbook says we can't play any games." I was like woooooooow seriously? Like for reals what is wrong with you? Hahaha that's what I live with everyday. I still get homesick quite often but it's getting better. The other day I was playing basketball against the most unathletic kids you can imagine. They couldn't dribble, catch, or anything. They didn't know the rules of basketball. That was one moment where I got super homesick. Hahaha kind of weird but whatever. When does Kayla leave again? I'll have to keep an eye out for her. Last Sunday I was in the choir. We sang Redeemer of Israel which was pretty cool. We're going to do the choir again today so we for sure can get in the devotional hopefully. The food here really is so awful. I don't know how I'm still alive. I dread eating it hahaha. I just want to get to the airport and eat some Popeyes! I have another request! I know I know, I shouldn't care about March Madness right now. But me and Elder Jensen want to have a competition to see who can fill out the better bracket! Would it be possible to send 2 brackets here? If not, it's cool I guess :) I can't think of a whole lot to say. I started out writing every day in my journal which was really good. I'm going to try to once I get out in the mission, but here all the days blend together and not a whole lot different happens day to day. Same thing, everyday. I just want to listen to music! Ahhhhhh it's driving me nuts. We aren't allowed to play our church music here, only when we get to Chile. Oh well, I keep telling myself only 2.5 weeks left! Dad, thanks for all the sports updates! I also get quite a few from Jay Gleason, so tell him thanks for me and I love getting his letters! Can someone update me on the email rules? I've heard from so many people that the rules have changed and we can now email our friends. I've been emailing and writing Tanner quite often actually. 
I really like my teachers a lot! Especially Hermano Mendoza. He is a native Spanish speaker and served in San Diego. He learned English when he was a kid also so it's pretty cool. That sucks the Jazz aren't doing too well! They will always be a 6,7,8 or no playoff team. Anyways, I was really curious the other day about how Cole was doing with Spanish. I see there' s a letter from his blog you emailed me, so I'll quickly try and read that. Again, if there was any way to put them in Dear Elders that would be cool. I feel like I'm missing a lot of what I wanted to tell you.. usually I remember it so I write a letter and quickly send it off. Just know how much I miss and love all you guys! I seriously have the best family. Tell Bella I love her and also my awesome nephews! I always laugh when I read the stories from them. I can just picture the story in my head and it makes me laugh. For some reason in the pictures you sent me, Dallin looked HUGE! I doubt 3 weeks would be a huge difference, but he really did look so much bigger. It's crazy. Mom, for my next package, I can't think of anything too specific. Maybe a Dr. Pepper & Mountain Dew, I don't know. There's an elder here from close to Vegas and I buy some from him for $1 when I'm craving it. He's the one that has the Shakeweight and told me to get one too. He's a really funny kid and he thinks he's really good as basketball, which is not true hahaha. I'm known for my long arms here.. everybody hates when they're not on my team because I block so many shots. There's a few good players here that have the same gym time as me, but I think they leave this morning. I can't find if I already said this, but I would probably do anything to go to an English speaking mission right now. Things would be so much easier. But I know God trusts me with my calling to Chile and I know with His help I can learn Spanish! Haha I just remembered a dream I had the other day. I basically have dreams every night that I'm hanging out with everyone at home, and then I wake up and I'm like nooooooooooooo. Hahaha but I had a dream I was walking in the MTC and I saw Tanner! I seriously got so excited and started freaking out. I miss that kid so much haha I love him! DJ Teaskie... good times good times. Alright well I should probably get off and go take my much needed nap. I'll probably remember something I forgot to tell you guys and write it in a letter. I leave you with the LEGEN *wait for it* DARY...... LEGENDARY "Tweety Bird's Seeds of Wisdom". That was for you Robyn and Jeremy! Never underestimate the smartness of people. When you set your alarm for 4:50 am to try and beat the 5 am people to the laundry room, always remember there are always those disliked people that set their alarm for 4:49 am. I love you all and thanks for everything!!!          
                                                                                           Trempin OUT!!!!!!
p.s. Sorry that this letter is all over the place.. I try and write an outline the night before but I always remember more when I'm typing! And there's probably a million typos too.. sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment