Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Starting to adjust!

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? Things are starting to pick up here a little bit. The first few days were super hard but I can tell that things are picking up and I'm starting to adjust. Thank you all so much for all your letters! There's nothing better than going to our box after dinner and getting letters from everyone. It's definitely my favorite part of the day. Today is P-Day and it's been so nice. Except the laundry part. Hahaha I suck at it. I came here and the machines to buy the detergent and stuff were out of order. Of course.. so I just ran to the bookstore real quick! Robyn, it's hard without my phone and Ipod! I wish so badly that I could pull out my phone and send a quick text to you guys :) That's so funny how Hayden talked Teagan into going to church, and how Teagan was trying to get Carter to sneak up a diaper. Hahaha I laughed when I read thta. They're so awesome. Tell all the kids that I love them so much! If you guys could send me like a photo album of everyone in our family that would be awesome. Just one that I can flip through and see everyone's pictures. Maybe include some individual pictures of everyone and our whole family. And really good pictures of Bella too! I miss her so much. Trevor, Lone Peak beating Alta was no surprise. I knew they would kill anyone they played. Who else was in the semi-finals? And how far did Brighton get and who ended up beating them? My companion's name is Elder Pachner. He is.. different. We try to prepare lessons in Spanish to teach our role playing investigator (really stressful) and we can never decide on what to do. Every idea I put out there gets shut down. He is totally opposite of me. During gym time where me and the other elders go play basketball, he goes to the fitness center to stretch his arms. Hahaha. And the other day we were sitting at a devitional and I leaned forward to change positions, and he started tickling my back! I was like, "Umm what are you doing?" He said, "Doesn't this feel good?" I said, "umm nope maybe from a girl, but not from you." I get along really well with the other elders in my district. It sucks because there are only 4 of us, and 6 sisters. Elder Hancock and Elder Jensen are the other elders. I get along really well with Elder Jensen. He played basketball for Bountiful his sophomore and junior year. He's a really cool kid and I tend to talk to him the most. Mom, maybe you could send me some Advil PM, it wouldn't hurt. I have started to sleep better. I asked about a second pillow but I can't really get one. Elder Jensen doesn't use his blanket at night so I stuff that under my pillow.  I would love it if you would forward Tanner's Bryson's Cole's, and Gleason's emails from now on. Gleason actually left today at 4 in the morning. I saw him last night and took some more pictures, with him and Bryson. Brian, that's funny that Teagan knew what faith was! What a smart and funny kid. The Spanish is coming along okay. It's really stressful and the days are so long. I've learned a lot though. Please send me my camera USB cord. I went and ran to the bookstore and also bought an SD Card reader, so I'll use that for now. Before you send that debit card, if you already haven't, can you please activate it? That would be great. I might want two more shirts for when I play basketball. My red Nike one might shrink because I couldn't find a way to wash with cold water here. These basketball shoes aren't my favorite either, but I know sending the other ones wouldn't be very convenient. Mom, just pay $25 for tithing. That should do it. Can you also send my grey Nike belt? I'm working my church belt for my jeans right now and I'd rather not use it except with my suits. Did we pack me any stamps? I know we talked about it about I couldn't find any so I also bought some at the Bookstore. There was a really funny story yesterday. It kind of broke the ice for my whole district. We were going down to teach our investigator, and we started out with Love One Another for our hymn. Singing it in Spanish was a complete failure. I just started laughing so hard. Then when we went to go read a scripture. We realize we didn't have our Book of Mormon, Again, I started laughing as we ran up to grab it. Finally, we get back down there, and we open it up to read it to him. Then we realized we only grabbed the Bible. Hahahaha oh my gosh I lost it there. We ran up, grabbed the BOM, and finished our lesson well :) When we were done I was telling my whole district what happened, and I started laughing so hard that I started laughing like a girl. They all thought that was the funniest thing in the world and everyone was crying becaue they were laughing so hard. They all wrote about it in their journals and their letters home. Hahaha I loved it. Anyways, brothers that have served a mission.. does it get a lot better once you're out in the field? I'm looking forward to Chile and having a little bit more freedom. The devotionals here are great however, and they are something to look forward to. Anyways I gotta go finish my laundry but I love you all! I will try and get individual letters off to everyone if possible! I love you guys and Trempin out!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment