Friday, December 5, 2014

Just chillin in Chillan... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAGS!!!!‏

November 24, 2014
Hello everybody! Thanks for all the letters and everything. I´m doing well here in my new sector. Mom, to answer your question, yes I am still zone leader.. senior zone leader that is now. I´m enjoying being with Elder Sperry.. it´s brought back a lot of memories from good old Jordan High. We have a huge zone.. a ton of missionaries and it´s a lot of work. I´m so tired. Like for reals haha. Anyways we´re just working hard doing what we can. We have some good investigators as of right now. A few of them had not been accepting baptism dates for awhile, but we got S, a lady that´s like 80 to accept a date for this Saturday, She had been still drinking tea, so I think that would be the only thing that holds her back. We´re also teaching a guy named N, and the appointment we had he would not accept a baptism date. We talked with him, and then a couples days later, his girlfriend (a member) told us he had picked a date for December 13th. They say he´s pretty committed to that date so hopefully all goes well. The house I live in is probably the nicest one I´ve lived in. Now don´t start thinking it´s way nice, cuz compared to back home it´s a dump. But it´s bigger than my other houses and cleaner. We basically live in downtown Chillan. I think I like Concepcion better.. it´s more city like. It´s pretty hot here right now, and only going to get hotter. It´s all good though.. I just gotta wear a ton of sunscreen. The ward here is pretty sick.. we had close to 200 people in church, and it reminds me a lot of Santa Sabina. We live like 2 minutes away from the church so that´s nice too, just like Santa Sabina. Mom,  here is what happened with that picture. The zone leader I replaced here (Elder F) finished his mission, and both his parents came to Chile to pick him up. They went to all his sectors and visited all the people. They came to church on Sunday here in Chillan, and afterwards he wanted to take a picture of us to send it to our parents. It was weird seeing him with his american parents here in Chile. Haha the Mom I could tell was kind of in culture shock. She said Chillan here was the least economically depressing area she had yet seen here. As I laughed, she was like, ¨was that a good way to put it?¨ Haha they´re from Huntsville, Utah or something like that.. I don´t remember. Anyways just to fill you in a little on that.
   No, they don´t celebrate Thanksgiving here.. so we´ll just be doing the regular thing. Happy Birthday to Teagan.. can´t believe he´s 6. We played soccer today at our church, which was pretty fun. That´s all I can think of. As for our address. we live on a street named Arauco. Arauco 32B. We live right by a Homecenter Sodimac and Tottus, 2 giant stores. We have to open a white garage door type of thing, and walked towards the back to get to our house. Congratz to Utah for beating Stanford and then choking against Arizona. Good luck next week against Colorado. There´s a kid in this zone that was also in my last zone that´s going to play for Colorado. We always talk college football when we´re together. He´s huge. We were kicking a soccer ball and he told me I need to walk on somewhere as a punter. Haha he´s a cool kid. Anyways that´s about all I can think off.. sorry I´m just so freaking tired and have a horrible headache right now haha. But thanks for the letters, and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! And also once again, Happy Birthday Teags, I love you!
Love you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment