Thursday, November 20, 2014

¡Me voy a Chillán!‏

November 17, 2014
Hey everyone! Here we are another week down.. yes Mom the weeks are flying by. it´s crazy. Well yes we did have changes today, and I will be leaving! I will be going to Chillan.. to a place called Dieciocho (Eighteen). Apparently it´s a sick ward. It´ll probably be a lot like Santa Sabina. And guess who my companion will be? Hahaha it´s crazy.. but Elder Ryan Sperry. Guess what high school he went to? Yep, he´s a Beetdigger. Haha we know each other really well, so that should be fun. I´m actually way excited. Anyways there´s a ton of changes that happened this transfer. It´s kind of crazy.. a ton of people are going home and there were a ton of changes. Two missionaries from my zone now will also be going to be new zone, and Elder C, my companion in Santa Sabina, is a district leader there. We get along well, so I´m actually excited for this change. The only thing is................ Chillan IS SO HOT. Oh my gosh like for reals it´s like an oven there. That´s about all the information I can give you Mom.. I will basically live in downtown Chillan, and I heard the house is pretty decent and big. And I´ll live with 2 other elders from Utah, and one from Mexico. I´ll be able to give you some more information next week obviously. This week was a little slow.. the only good thing really is J and his son. We had such an awesome lesson with J. On Thursday we went to the church and played soccer with him and other people in the ward, and Saturday morning we had the lesson. We talked again about the Word of Wisdom, as he´s had a problem in his life with it. He said a lot of awesome things. He said that he knew the Word of Wisdom was real and true. He said when we were all playing soccer, ¨even the worst player was running around like a crazy man without getting tired.¨ He also said he has stopped drinking coffee, and has seen a big difference. He used to smoke, go out to party, and nothing mattered to him. His wife told him how much he has changed, and how much she loves it that he has been sharing with us, because she is so much happier with him. He´s still drinking a little bit of tea, but said he is going to stop.  He´s such a great investigator, and I know he will be getting baptized. He will also be on of the best converts in the mission, and I´m sure of that. I won´t be here to see his baptism, but I feel good because I´ve been teaching him for 5 months and I´ve seen how much he´s progressed. He was asking what happens after baptism, so I have a feeling pretty soon here he´ll finally decide to just do it. The wife too, in time, will probably get baptized. She´s really cool and receptive as well, but just works every weekend. Other than that, the week was a little slower. We knocked a lot of doors and found like 3 new people, but probably won´t progress. That´s about it for the updates for this week.
     I´m a little disappointed I didn´t get a score update on the Utah game.. I was definitely excited and anticipating to see how it went, but it´s all good haha. Yeah Mom, I knew there was an MTC here, I think it´s actually been here awhile.  Hayden and Teagan are gonna play junior jazz!?!? Haha oh my gosh what ballers. I´ll miss the majority of the season, but that´s awesome. I´m gonna practice with them when I get back :) I enjoyed the pictures Brian sent me.. straight up ballers for reals. Guess what else this transfer has in store? Thanksgiving is this week right?! If so, Happy Thanksgiving and good luck Black Friday shopping. But even better.. CHRISTMAS!! I´m excited.  Anyways not much more to update you guys on. I forgot my notebook of dreams because it´s already packed away, but next week! I love you all and I¨ll talk to you guys next week!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment