Monday, July 22, 2013

It is ICE COLD but all is well.


Hello all! How is it all going back in warm Sandy, Utah? Here in Linares it is ICE COLD but all is well. This week has been alright apart from the cold! The cold makes everything a little tougher but apparently August isn´t as cold as July so let´s hope that´s the case! Anyways we´ve found some new investigators that are pretty interested in the church. One day, we were talking towards our house when a little boy shouted ¨Hola!¨ My companion (yes he hates kids as well and tells me almost every day) just kept on walking. I was like hey let´s go talk to him. So we go talk to him and he´s a 5 year old kid outside with his mom. The mom invited us inside and told us that she had talked with a bunch of missionaries before and had gone to church. It was the quickest lesson and invitation to baptism accepted that I have seen. The 5 year old kid is named Andres.. and he LOVES me. Haha we have had about 3 lessons with her this week and sometimes it is hard to teach Luisa (the mom) because Andres is constantly climbing all over me and wanting me to play a game with him. He is way funny and gives me a picture of a superhero every time we go visit them. She couldn´t go to church because she had to go to the campo (country) and do something there. However, she has promised that she is going to go to church next Sunday. We also found a grandpa named Jose and his granddaughter Yazna. Yazna is 16 and has a baby.. yeah there´s tons of teenagers with babies here. Haha but they actually came to church with us and have accepted fechas for the 10th. Changes are the 12th and
 I´m guessing I´ll be leaving so let´s hope they come to church for 2 more weeks and are good with everything for the 10th. They have a problem with the Word of Wisdom that we know of and we are planning on teaching them about that this week. Also, there´s this really awesome family that lives pretty close to us. The mother got baptized, her 19 year old daughter, and her 11 year old daughter as well about a month ago. The dad is awesome.. haha soooooo funny but he wanted to wait a little bit. He drinks coffee in the morning and at night so the other elders are working with him on that. He is their investigator, and their recent converts. However, they invited us over the other day because it was the mom´s birthday. The dad is so freaking funny like I can´t even explain it. He watches movies all the time and he was asking me about all these English words. ¨What does **** you mean?¨ All those other words you can think of and he was saying them out loud. His boss only speaks English and he has been begging me to start an English class. There´s quite a few people that want me to do it but I don´t want to start it now if I´m going to be leaving on the 12th. He is planning on getting baptized soon.. and he only wants me to baptize him. I told him I might be leaving on the 12th so he is trying to do everything possible to be ready by then. We´ll see what happens! Next Monday, we are going to go to the mountains or somewhere around here with their family. The mom actually friend requested me on facebook recently so you can go look at some of her pictures if you want. Yes mom I got the picture.. haha I just forgot to tell you about that day! It was pretty cool and they seem to be like good misson parents. They are coming to Linares on the 27th to do interviews so I´ll let you know how that goes. I can´t think of a whole lot more that has happened this week. My companion is still hard to get along with. Elder M is the other elder that lives in my house. He is from Santiago, and we get along really well. Cousin Jordy served in Santiago right? Which mission? He wanted me to ask just for the heck of it. My chipped teeth aren´t really bothering me so I think I´ll be fine. That´s crazy Jeremy is planning on moving out on the 20th.. if he signs up for his classes on time. Justin getting married on the 13th? Freak that´s gonna be weird to come home to.. he didn´t even ask for my permission. It´s all good The Big Man I give you permission :) I would love the picture of the wedding invitation if you could find a way to do that. I´m sure Jon knows how to scan it and send it so that would be awesome. Freak Mom and Dad.. a condo in St. George would be dope.. just think about it! Haha I´m glad you guys were able to go to Dustin´s farewell. I´m glad he was able to use that story that I sent him.. freak I love that kid. We´ve had so many great memories and I´m so excited for him to get out here and serve the Lord. I´m nervous for him as starting off a mission in a foreign country isn´t the funnest thing in the world but that kid can definitely do it. I´m way excited that he´s learning Spanish as well and we´ll be able to both speak it when we get back!   That´s crazy all the people in our ward are getting ready to leave.. what day do Parker and Grifen leave? I think I remember Parker leaves the 31st.. and where they headed? If I remember right it was California and Mexico.  I think I´ll be fine without a dog taser mom.. but one more thing to the list. A jump rope would be cool.. I bought one the other day in Lider but it´s AWFUL. The things here are so cheap hahaha. Tell Christon congratulations for me.. that´s way cool to see the progress he´s made in the Gospel. I´m excited for him. I can´t believe my niece Brielle is almost here. It will be hard for me to not be able to see her but it´s not like I´m all that great with newborns anyways.. make sure to take tons of pictures that I can print off and stick in my photo album. She´s not here yet but I already love her! Have fun at the 24th of July party up at
 Grandpa´s. Thanks mom for the quote.. it´s awesome! I know through sacrifices brings great blessings and I am in the right place right where I need to be. It is extremely tough as I miss everyone so much, but the Lord needs me here in Chile at this time. Life goes on and there´s plenty of time when I get back. Thanks for the pictures Brian.. I always enjoy looking at them! Thanks for everything and I love you all! I leave you with ¨Tweety Bird´s Seeds of Wisdom¨: Don´t trust a man in a wheelchair with dirty feet okay? Just don´t.

No comments:

Post a Comment