Monday, July 15, 2013

Today was just a really good day!

Hello all.. today was just a really good day! We had an activity today with our zone and another zone at our church. We played soccer, basketball, and football. Basketball was HORRENDOUS. (Of course the whole time everyone was playing my companion was inside reading)  But I met this kid that went to Olympus and I get along really well with him. He is good friends with Ryan Nelson, a kid I know pretty well that plays wheelchair tennis. Anyways he played sports, loves fantasy football, and loves Call of Duty! Also there were a bunch of other gringos that I get along well with too. One was from St. George and he is pretty dope. I´m looking forward to the day I get a companion I really get along with and live with some more gringos! Anyways sounds like everyone enjoyed their week and enjoyed their night out at Texas Roadhouse for Jeremy and Jon´s birthday. This week the weather has been a little bit better but I´m definitely ready for the winter to be over. Mom, yes there are boots in the house here that I use when it rains, so don´t worry. The other day I did a mini-cambio with Elder S, from Florida. This is my 2nd mini-cambio with him. He´s super quiet but he´s still a pretty cool kid. We were in a lesson teaching some new converts about the temples when all of a sudden the members asked me how long I had been out on my mission. I told them I had about 3 months in Chile or so and then they said, ¨So why is your Spanish better than Elder S?¨ Haha he´s been out a year but it was pretty awkward. Anyways that was cool but I still have a LONG way to go. My difficulty is understanding the people still. I have told you it depends on the person.. old people are soooo difficult. Anyways Mom I had a question. I´ve had the wonderful opportunity of chipping my tooth in 2 different places.. no idea how it happened but it was about 2 weeks ago. They aren´t huge chips but is it something that could wait until I get home? I just want to make sure. Last week, we found a really awesome family of 4 that were so interested in the church and wanted to know more. The wife wasn´t there, but they told us she loves to learn about God. Later, we returned, and the wife won´t allow the family to see us. It´s super frustrating but it´s Trenton so it wasn´t too incredibly surprising. We are working hard with a couple named Sebastian and Bernardita. Bernardita was a less active but Elder L and I reactivated her. Sebastian is not a member and wants to be baptized. He does not want to get married right now but sometime next year. We are still working with him and we´ll see what we can do. I forgot to tell you this but when Jon talked to the member on Mother´s Day, the lady was pretty much obsessed with how good his Spanish was. She has told me about 3 times since how good my brother´s Spanish is. Also the other day, I was riding my bike and a dog started chasing me. I was concerned with trying to kick it away and defend myself, but I didn´t see the other huge dog on the other side! So I ended up getting bitten haha and it wasn´t the greatest feeling in the world. Gotta love Chile! Anyways I heard from Jose that Jeremy will be moving out in August? Is that true or what day is he planning on leaving my house? :( About Franco and James.. we haven´t been able to find either of them so I don´t really know. We also have been working with Constanza, a 23 year old lady. She´s way funny but is scared of making changes in her life. We had an appointment in the church and she said she felt awesome but 2 days later she told us she is mad at God and doesn´t want anything to do with him. Soooooooo that is that. Also we are working with a dad of a member that is Evangelico and is super straight in his religion. He has come to church 3 times in a row now but he is still being super difficult.
 What day is the Big Man planning on getting married? I´m curious what day it is so someone please let me know! By the way Dad, the Jazz lost a lot of players, but have they picked up anybody yet? By the way, yes I have heard that we are going to have more permission to use online stuff now to spread the Gospel. I guess it depends on the mission president though.. so we will see. I have heard it would start next year or something like that. We haven´t heard anything from our mission president yet because I imagine he is new and still figuring things out. I will let you guys know as soon as we find out. I would love to do that as I love computers and working with them. We will see though. I imagine you guys will be sending me a package around Christmas time. A few early requests: A waterbottle like the one Jon has.. that would be awesome for the summer. Also more toothbrush heads for mine.. I need a replacement here pretty soon. I also was wondering if anyone had any good ideas that they used on their missions to teach certain subjects. Any ideas let me know! The other missionaries in our house have an investigator that goes to church every week and wants to be baptized but can´t right now because she isn´t married. Her boyfriend is in Santiago right now because his Dad has cancer and is taking care of him. However, she told us to go visit her because she loves talking with different missionaries because they have different insights. Anyways her daugher LOVES me. She is 7 years old and has told me  ¨ You are my favorite missionary.¨ She is super into English and I helped her with her assignment the other day. Haha she´s way funny. Anyways I can´t think of a whole lot more to say but thanks to everyone that wrote me! Dustin asked me for a little advice on his farewell talk so I need some time to write him. Anyways thanks everybody and I love you all! p.s. Some have asked about my health issues. Yes I still have horrible migraines almost every day and that stuff... but yeah. Tweety would like to leave you with a line of one of my favorite movies.. ¨Don´t you know any other gosh dang tune?!¨ Name that movie.. I´m expecting at least Jeremy or Jon to know which movie that is from. If not I will be disappointed.
p.s. How is the condo hunt in St. George going? I think that would be awesome and something that our family could handle/enjoy and make memories from! Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment