Monday, July 1, 2013

It's super cold...

Hola mi familia! Thanks for all the letters and the support from home... you guys are so dope. It has been SUPER cold here in Linares.. like unreal cold. Completely opposite of good old Sandy right now it sounds like. It´s super cold outside here, and normally to get warm you´d go inside a house right? But nooooo.. they don´t have heat in their houses or insulation. Oh well I´m hoping the winter goes by fast here. Real quick I´m super confused.. Dad told me that he won an I-Pad.. and Heather mentioned that he won an Ipod Touch.. which is it? There is definitely a difference there haha. This week the work here has been decent. We´ve found a lot more people to teach and are working with them. Mom, I can´t remember James´ last name.. but as I still want to work with him, my companion does not. The first day with my new compnion, we had a meeting with James. Right after, he said that he didn´t want to meet with James anymore. I was like ummm no? He even mentioned it to the zone leaders, and they told him he was being ridiculous. The Z.L. took me aside and told me that I´m going to have to be extremely patient and take care of my companion. Like I said, he´s known around the entire mission for being extremely impossible to get along with. Last night, we got in a huge argument about whether or not to use bikes anymore. Our whole zone uses bikes, and he refuses. We were basically yelling at each other, and I mentioned alright let´s call our zone leaders and let them settle this. He quickly shut up about that and later apologized. These next 6 weeks need to hurry by and I will be praying and praying that I get transferred. Oh more on that.. we had a meeting with our ward mission leader yesterday in the church. I love our mission leader.. he´s such a cool guy. He started off by asking us what the good and bad things are about the branch. When it got to Elder B, he said ABSOLUTELY nothing good about it. Every single thing was negative. Anyways later on the finish the meeting, the mission leader told him he needs to be careful or the members will not like him. Anyways we found a really awesome guy named Franco. He is actually the son of one of my old investigators that we tried to get back into contact with. He is 26 years old, and he came to church yesterday. We showed him the font, and he asked if he could get baptized really early Saturday morning because he works the rest of the day. He actually knew some people from the ward and we are having Family Night with them and Franco tonight. However, yesterday I was talking to my companion and he asked me, ¨If Franco progresses, would you like to baptize him or me?¨ I mentioned that I would maybe like to because I hadn´t done it yet here in the mission. He proceeded to tell me that he won´t let me do it because he wants a ward member to do it. Like for real bro then why did you ask me in the first place? Oh well I just have to be patient and keep pushing through like I´ve been doing. Yeah Mom the mission conference to say goodbye to President and Sister Humphrey was awesome.. I´m going to miss them but I get to meet my new President on Wednesday in Chillan. I forgot to tell you about the bus ride there.. hahaha oh my gosh it was horrible. We had to leave at midnight from Linares and arrived at the church in Concepcion at 3 in the morning. We then had to sleep on the tiny, cramped, freezing bus for 4 hours until 7 a.m. There was no leg room and the seats were soooo uncomfortable. To make it worse I had to pee sooooo bad the whole time and there was nothing I could do about it. At one point I just started laughing because of it... hahaha. The other day I was studying and my companion put a CD of music in and started playing it. I was in the kitchen, and went into our room and Homeward Bound was playing.. A little after I went upstairs to grab something, and came back down and A Child´s Prayer was on. It made me think a lot about David and Grandma Smith.. I know for a fact they are both helping me on my mission right now as I am struggling. I also know I need to rely on the Lord as much as possible. Mom, don´t feel bad you didn´t write me last week.. that was my fault because I was told our P-Day would be on Tuesday, not Monday night. Dad, that´s too bad about Grandma. I´m hoping she can make it until I come home so I can see her again. (In this life) I went today and printed off a bunch of pictures of the kids and a couple of Bella. Tell them I love them and miss them so much! It´s almost the 4th of July.. I´m hoping everyone has a good day and enjoys the holiday. I have been thinking about that a lot and am a little bummed I won´t be there with the whole family. It is one of my favorite holidays and I look forward to spending the day with our family enjoying the festivities that day. I´m hoping I don´t get too homesick that day and can focus on the work here.. anyways I gotta go but thanks for everything you guys do for me and all the support from home! Real quick.. we were teaching one guy and he was super interested in us as missionaries. He was asking about my family and he then said, ¨You have that big of a family, and you´re paying money to be away from them for 2 years?¨ Like thanks for putting it that way bro! Haha he was a pretty funny guy.. I leave you with Tweety´s Seeds of Wisdom.. Tweety would like to leave you with some lyrics of one of my all time favorite songs: ¨I´ve been to that place before, in spite of luck, and it was hard for you to swallow. You feel like you´ve hit a wall, but you survive, and you awake a new tomorrow, I Will Not Surrender. -AVA   I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment