Monday, November 18, 2013

Don´t You Know Any Other Gosh Dang Tune?

Another week gone by... still living in Yungay! Thanks for the letters/pictures/videos once again. You guys are awesome. Anyways I wrote an outline of what I wanted to say in my letter but of course I forgot it back at the hut. I´ll see what I can do though. This week was a lot better than last week. Last week was so stressful for reals. But this week.. was decent. We are trying to work more through the members and do less contacts every week. I tried to make a list of all the member´s schedules and when they could go with us to appointments. Basically a couple of them told me at this point they don´t feel well enough spiritually to do it. Anyways that was a good sign (I knew it already) that they still needed a lot of help. Those comments were from some of the highest quality members here. Anyways we had G and her grandma in church on Sunday. We went to go pick them up from their house to walk with them to church but they were taking forever. We ended up getting their like 20 mins. early and I´m sure they felt super awkward walking in especially because the room is so small. The grandma doesn´t want to get baptized but she´s trying to support G, her 16 year old granddaughter. She was the only person in her family not baptized (the rest were baptized catholic, has 1 relative that´s mormon). She knows she needs to get baptized but we´re going to see because she´s a little lazy sometimes. We have an appointment with her tonight and we´re going to talk to her grandma about getting baptized too. We haven´t been able to get a hold of J M but we´re going to keep trying. We also had our English class which ended up going really well. 13 people came. I think I´ve told you about Hermana S and/or P before. They have 10 siblings as well, and about half of them are baptized and live here. The rest are all inactives, but we were working hard especially with these 2. They now have come 3 weeks in a row so that´s awesome. They seriously love us so much. They have a niece that´s not baptized that came to the English class. She loves us too and wants us to go to her house. She is 10 years old and wants a Book of Mormon. Her dad is inactive and her mom is catholic I think. I´m not sure if we´d be able to get permission because of the mom but we´re for sure going to try. Her name is S... and she´s way funny. The mission president called me this week because he wanted to talk about what´s going on here in Yungay. Apparently he´s knows all about the branch's challenges so he wanted to get my view of things.  We have the conference here next Sunday and the leaders from the stake will be coming. Also, they have been fixing up this warehouse thing next to the church to use as our meetinghouse. It will finally be finished and there is going to be a lot more space (still not the biggest thing in the world). The branch trip to the temple was cancelled because we only had 7 members from the ward that wanted to go. We had to invite a different branch to try and fill the bus, but they had 15 people that wanted to go and it would have cost each member about 50 bucks to make the trip. It ended up being too expensive so the president cancelled the trip. The few members that were planning on going were disappointed but what can you do.. the members just don´t have the desire to go.  The zone leaders called me the other day because they also know how Yungay isn´t doing too well.. he reminded me that that´s why I´m there. The Lord trusts me right now and that´s what I´m in Yungay. I feel bad because the branch really is going downhill.. I´m doing all I can to help the members and support the branch president, but obviously I can´t do it alone. We are trying to be creative to help all the members out. I have not gotten my package yet.. I will be sure to wait until Christmas. We have tranfers the 17th or 18th (your wedding anniversary.. maybe it´s the 19th I can´t remember.. I´m ugly)... so if I end up getting transferred that day I´d probably open it that day. It would be too hard to haul it around just to wait one more week.  As for the Christmas CD from Marshall McDonald.. I want that music. I listen to his Christmas Oranges CD all the time even way before Christmas was close... and I would love his new music. Maybe you could have Jon or Jeremy send all the songs through email as .mp3 individually or however many you can fit so I can put them on my flashdrive. That would be awesome.
I can´t believe the news about Kelvin. I read Heather´s letter first and she was like I´m sure you´ve heard about Kelvin.. I was like no? Haha I read my friend´s email first, then my bro´s/sisters email, then Dad´s, then Mom´s. Just for the future :) but wow that´s unbelievable. Stacy has been through more than enough trials already in her life.. and now this. It´s going to be tough for Kelvin because like you guys said, he won´t really know what´s going on or why he´s so sick. That makes me sick to my stomach. They will definitely be in my prayers. There´s this lady in our ward (she´s basically like my 3rd mom.. after Mother Teresa and Big Lor) that always asks us to pray for her because the Lord always listens to missionaries prayers :) But for reals I will be praying for their family. Mom, Ron lived in Idaho right? I didn´t know he was that old... freak time flew. I honestly can´t even remember him... I´m a horrible relative. Someone told me that was this huge hurricane in some country and that a bunch of people died but I had no idea where.. but I guess it was in the Phillipines? That´s crazy. Freak I never have any idea what´s going on in the world.. I guess that´s sometimes good but freak I feel left out :( haha. By the way I freaking miss my puppy. Tell Bella I love her, give her a big kiss, and send me some more pics if possible :) Brielle is so cute.. Heather I loved that video of her..  I can´t wait to talk to her on Skype! Big Lor.... I definitely did get your letter. It was definitely a surprise so thank you very much. I love hearing about my 2nd mom and how my 2nd house is doing. I honestly think of you like my Mom.. (probably why it was so hard for me to say goodbye to you) but thanks for everything!  
Thanks for the updates with Utah Football. Sounds like they played Oregon pretty tough there for a good part of the game but the offense couldn´t keep up with Oregon´s. That doesn´t sound like good news about Travis Wilson.. we have the worst luck with our quarterbacks. Keep me updated.
 Anyways I love you all and thanks for everything. Thanks for all your prayers and your letters. Mondays are the best because I love reading everyone´s letters and seeing pictures of my nephews/niece. I´ll talk to you guys all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment