Monday, November 4, 2013

Me quedo en Yungay!‏

Hola familia how´s everything going? Sorry I´m writing a little late today. We had a zone activity in Chillan and also I had a bunch of letters to read through so thanks!  From my title, I´m sure you can tell that I will be staying here in Yungay! My companion, Elder C, will be leaving to Concepción to most likely finish his mission there.  Okay so I thought this was a little weird after reading Jon and Mom´s email about leadership and stuff like that but I have some news for all you all. I will be training this transfer!  I will meet my companion tomorrow in Concepción. I´m excited but also a little nervous. We´ll see how everything goes. By the way I had to give the District Class 2 weeks ago and I had 2 sister missionaries come up to me after and they told me I´d definitely be training this next transfer. It was a little weird but anyways I´m excited. I might have to sleep in Chillán tonight in order to be in Concepción tomorrow around lunchtime, but we´re not sure yet. By the way, guess who our next assistant to the president is? My good friend PM! Remember him? I was in the talent show in 9th with him and he always led the student section during the basketball games. How dope is that? He went from district leader, to zone leader, to assistant all in 3 or 4 changes. Crazy. Anyways he called me today and we talked for a little. I´ll be seeing him in Conce to pick up my new companion tomorrow. Our investigator G is 14 years old, and her grandma is still working with her little by little to help her. Maybe this transfer we will be able to get her baptized. We also found a girl named G, who had 17 years old. She started crying because all of her family had been baptized (Catholic) but her no. She was really emotional and she really wants to be baptized. She was with her boyfriend Sunday morning so she didn´t come to church which was pretty disappointing. We will continue to work with her and I´ll keep you guys updated.
       I enjoyed all the pictures that I received of Halloween. The kids looked awesome and especially the picture of Dallin walking on the sidewalk surprised me. So different. Freak. That story about Hayden was awesome. I know I might sound like less of a man but as I read that story and looked at the picture Bri sent me I definitely teared up haha. I love you Hayden.. you´re such a baller!  Congratulations to Jon on his new calling!  Haha let me know how that goes.
    Mom, I was actually wondering the other day what day I received my mission call. I think it was around a year ago or so.. I can´t remember for sure.
    Dad, yes Yungay is really small. I feel like I have basically knocked on every door in our sector. We actually found G in the sector of the hermanas (shhhhhhhh) :) Sounds like the Jazz are going to have a rough season this year. Did they sign any good players from other teams or what? I heard they lost our big players but nobody told me if they signed anybody else. Good luck to Utah next week against the Sun Devils. The past 2 years against Arizona St. were horrendous haha let me know what happens.
    As for the package Mom, I can´t think of anything I really need. Maybe some tubes of chapstick with SPF? We played soccer today in the activity and yeah I definitely got burnt haha. Also, I opened up my garments today from the MTC that I bought and wow they are totally different than my others. I know I ordered the exact same ones but the ones they gave me are definitely different and I don´t like them. By the way it´s soooooooooo hot during the day now like wow. I got out of the shower today and immediately started sweating. That water bottle you sent me will be of good use now.. thanks!
    Anyways I can´t think of anything more to tell you guys. Should be interesting training here in Yungay.. hopefully we can find that one person that God has been preparing for us. I´ll let you guys know about my new companion next week and how the work continues to go here in Yungay. Pretty soon we´ll be talking on Skype on Christmas... that´s crazy! Definitely excited to see all your guys faces.. especially my nephews and my awesome niece que no conozco todavía :( But I love you all and I hope you guys all enjoy this letter and I answered all your questions! Mom, I don´t know, but if you could maybe order me a couple more garments of the same type we bought back at home through store.lds.org and have them sent to the mission office I wouldn´t be too incredibly upset with you. Also I hope you remembered those socks because wow I definitely need some more. Thanks for all your letters and the support back at home and I´ll talk to you guys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment