Sunday, December 22, 2013

Could it get ANY hotter? ¡Me quedo en Yungay!‏

December 16, 2013
Hola familia, amigos, niños, y chicillos. I just first want to say something that I never thought I would say. I MISS THE WINTER. It is soooooo incredibly hot here and I am constantly sweating. I get out of the shower, and I´m sweating. I´m sleeping at night, basically naked, and I´m sweating. I´m in a building eating lunch, and I´m sweating. I just want to give a shout out to my Hydro Flask because it´s going to such good use. I´ve had missionaries and members tell me to tell you mom that you need to send me some more because they all want one. Haha it´s so dope and I´m loving it. From the title of this letter I bet you can tell that we had transfers today. I´ve been so nervous all week because I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE YUNGAY. I have grown to love it here and am so close with all the members. I was also worried about our investigators being so close to their baptisms on the 21st. Anyways both me and my hijo are staying here in Yungay so we´re going to continue to work hard and make sure Gabby, Elva, and José all get baptized. Gabby and Elva had their support interview or whatever you wanna call it and they´re doing pretty well. We just need to help Elva have a testimony of going to church every Sunday after her baptism. We are going to have an appointment with them tomorrow and then their actual interview is on Wednesday. But anyways hopefully all goes well and they get baptized on the 21st. Gabby wants me to baptize her and the grandma wants Elder Moore to baptize her. They saw the baptism of a members wife that the hermanas had this Sunday, but they mentioned they would like to be baptized in a river. We´ll see what happens and I´ll update you guys next week how everything went.  Anyways I had to conduct like always in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and as the last speaker finishes and I¨m about to announce the closing hymn... the branch president leans over and tells me I have to speak for 10 minutes to take up some more time. I was like woooooooooooow. Haha also earlier on as I was making some announcements at the pulpit, the president´s phone goes off and guess what he does? Yup he goes ahead and answers it and talks SOOOOOOO loud. I turned around like are you serious? Hahaha and some members just hit their heads and tried not to laugh.Afterwards we had the baptism and wow that was an adventure. She can barely walk and she has so many health problems. We had to all lift her in the font and have 2 people basically baptize her. We ended up having to do the baptism 3 times because we couldn´t get her all the way under and her feet won´t bend and kept coming up. I was just a witness but I made sure to tell Gabby and Elva their baptism would be different. It was super awkward and everything was like talking and throwing in their ideas. Such an awkward baptism. Also the font is super ugly and it´s behind the church like in the corner. Anyways about skype on Christmas... I should be able to finalize everything but I made plans to skype in the church with really good internet so that should work out well. Not over wifi this time. I¨m making sure of that. The only thing I have to do is find a camera. One member I think has one I just need to make sure it works well.  I´m not sure what the time difference is in Utah right now. It´s either 2 or 3 hours back I believe. But we have an activity in Chillan from 3:30- 7:30. We´ll have to leave early to take the bus to Yungay at 5:30 and we´ll get here around 7. The bus stop is right by the church so we´ll be there around 7 or 7:30 to start skyping. We have an hour and a half to skype.. and then we´ll be heading over to Hermano Poblete´s house to finish the night. So it will be about at 7:30 Chilean time that we will have to skype you guys. Hopefully everything works out well at home so that you guys can skype me at that time. I´m not sure if we´d be able to do it any other time.. I would rather do it after the activity than before for sure. Please try and make arrangements because I want to talk with everyone.. I don´t want to only talk to some of you and Trevor and Heather or Robyn and Brian not being able to be there. That would really be disappointing. That´s pretty set on the timing but I´ll let you guys know next Monday if anything changes. I haven´t heard any different that we don´t have P Day that day but if you don´t get a letter from me something must have changed.   I called the mission secretary and asked him if we could change houses. Our house is just awful. It´s so disgustingly hot and it´s miserable in there. We are actually going to buy a fan and get reimbursed for it. Anyways he told me for a long time missionaries have been telling him that need a new house. I told him how we have every time of insect in that house, how the pipes are also broken, and just how awful the house is. He gave us the thumbs up to look for a new house and we found a small house in back of a members house that I think we are going to move into. He told me to find a good price because in his house words, ¨the piece of crap hunk a junk that you guys are living in right now costs 85 mil per month.¨ (super cheap) hahahaha I just started laughing. The hermanas here live in such a nice house it´s ridiculous. He was like so the hermanas living conditions are just a little bit better than yours right? And he just busted out laughing. Then he said that we need to learn humility, but there´s a point when you gotta get the heck out of there. Hahaha he knows how awful the house is and that´s when he finally gave us the go ahead to look for a new house. I probably won´t reap the benefits of it but hopefully the next missionaries that come here will be grateful that they will be getting a new house. This past week we´ve been eaten alive by fleas.. we had to go buy a bunch of spray and spray our beds and everything. We´d wake up with red marks EVERYWHERE on our bodies. I think Sophie brought the fleas to our house. Yes, she is still going strong on following u. Anyways thanks for all you do... I will be opening my package here pretty soon.. and talking to you guys. I´m way excited. I love you all and thanks for everything.. I´ll talk to you guys next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment