Monday, December 9, 2013

I saw the sign.. I opened up my eyes and I saw the sign!‏


 Barbeque celebrating Hermana T's birthday
Killing bugs in the hut...
Well Elder Neilson sends a big hello back home to good old Utah where it´s not 500 degrees. Haha thanks for all your letters once again.. you guys are awesome. It is super super hot here in Yungay and it´s not even the summer yet. It´s all good because I gotta do what I gotta do! This week was actually a really good week. We killed it this week working with the members and I got a separate exclusive congratulations from the zone leaders because we did work. Haha anyways I have some good news! Remember G and her Grandma? The other day we watched the 20 minute Restoration video of Joseph Smith. You know how the grandma is Catholic and doesn´t want to get baptized.. I told you that guys last week. Well after sharing Acts 19:2-6 and watching the Restoration video, she looked at G and said ¨Should we get baptized?¨ Long story short they have a baptism date all set up for the 21st of December! First day of summer... pretty cool huh? They´ve learned all the commandments and we left the Tithing pamphlet for them to read and we have an appointment with them in about 2 hours from now. Hopefully all goes well with the lesson and they are all good and ready to pay their tithing once their baptized. We actually had 3 people in church on Sunday so I need to tell you about this other person that decided to come to church. The other day I was looking for that one kid in our area book and I came across another investigator that had gone to church like 7 times 2 years before but for whatever reason he didn´t end up getting baptized. We had actually looked for him with Elder C, but the elders 2 years ago had written the address down wrong.  Long story short, it was on the whole other side of town (not huge but still confused us). I had a thought maybe that´s what had happened so we went and headed to find him one morning. We went up to his gate and he was sitting on the side of his house. He immediately told us to come on in and talk with him. About 3 minutes later, his uncle walks through the door. They were so incredibly excited to see us. He told us the day before he had seen us walking past his house and shouted out to us, but we just kept on walking. Anyways his uncle is a really faithful member up in Santiago. He didn´t want to accept a baptism date for the 28th, but told me he would talk to his uncle to see what day he could come from Santiago to baptize him and that they would let me know on Sunday. Anyways all went well on Sunday and they came to church, and they decided on January 4th for the baptism date. We just need to review all the lessons and commandments with him but he literally knows everything. He is super prepared for baptism. He keeps talking about how he is ready to leave all the wordly things behind and make this sacred covenant with God. Anyways that would be 3 baptisms coming up if everything goes well so that´s pretty exciting. My only worry is that we have cambios next week. I hope I won´t be leaving here from Yungay because I have been working so hard to find people to be baptized. I hope the President recognizes that we have 3 baptisms coming up.  Pray that I will be able to stay here at least 1 cambio more and everything goes well and that all 3 of them can be baptized. I´m really excited for them. By the way J is in a wheelchair now (apparently 2 years ago he wasn´t but always has a walker nearby. I´m not sure if he can walk with the walker he has but he is awesome and has a huge heart. On Sunday we had to travel to Chillan for the Stake Leadership meeting with the branch president. There´s a lot of work here to do with the young men and women because they are basically all inactive. They had a lot of good advice there and we´ll see what we can do. Then we had to wait there for a long 3 hours for the Christmas Devotional to start. We watched it in Spanish but it was really good. I really enjoyed Russell M. Nelson´s talk like you said Mom. Then we spent the night there in Chillan at the zone leaders house. There were 4 mattresses on the floor, and guess how many missionaries stayed there last night? 12. Haha I slept horrible but it´s whatever. We then woke up and went and played soccer and had a barbecue after. Latins are amazing at soccer by the way. The whole time I was just thinking can we play some basketball? I guess I just have to wait.... haha.Mom I would definitely love that video of Bella and the newspaper.. haha she´s so funny. Also how she just wonders around in the front yard. Reminds me of Ali. Such awesome dogs. Mom and I just know which dogs are right for us. We´re ballers. That´s too bad about Kelvin. I´ll keep him in my prayers for sure. The Lord will bless him as we show our faith. I definitely laughed when I read the Santa story with Teags. ¨I hate mint!¨ Hahahaha that kid makes me laugh. Also a baller.  I would like to try and get some details to you guys about Skype but it´s just that I don´t know if I´ll still be here in Yungay so it´s hard to tell. I´m definitely excited for that and to see my freaking nephews and my new niece. I love them so much. BALLERS. Anyways not a whole lot more happened this week.. just been working with the members and working with our 3 investigators. Please keep them in your prayers so everything goes well! I love you all and I´ll talk to you guys next week! ¨If I had a chance for another try, I wouldn´t change a thing, it´s made me all of who I am inside.¨ 



No comments:

Post a Comment