Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
 Elder Moore, Elva, and granddaughter Gabby, Trenton
 Excited for first baptisms!
 Ward members that came to support Elva and Gabby
 Baptism of Elva and grandaughter, Gabby
 Splashing water in their faces and sitting in front of the fan to get cool...
 A typical toy in Yungay
 Bored? Must be...
 Trenton with Gabby-his first baptism!
 Poor dog in Chile...
Hello family! This letter probably won´t be too incredibly long because I get to talk to you guys in 2 days :) If you´re all wondering, Gabby and Elva got baptized! Everything worked out and I was able to baptize Gabby, and Elder Moore baptized the grandma. They both were confirmed yesterday so that was really awesome. I have really seen the difference and Elva started crying as she gave her testimony just saying how great she felt as she was baptized. She said she felt her whole body get warm and like someone gave her a huge hug. Haha she´s awesome. I´ll send pictures afterwards. Anyways thanks for all your letters! I really enjoyed hearing about Hawaii and the sleigh ride you guys all went on. Sounds like you guys are all enjoying the Christmas season. Here in Yungay it doesn´t feel even the slightest like Christmas. Blazing hot in the summer, no lights, hardly any Christmas trees, no snow. The only thing that´s helped me get into the Christmas spirit is listening to Christmas This Way (love that song), and I just downloaded Believe from Polar Express :) Also Christmas Shoes... I want some songs to listen to on Christmas. My companion opened his package today but I´m going to open mine on Christmas morning. I´ve been trying to keep my mind occupied with other things so to not think about being here in Chile during Christmas.. trying to keep busy and find more people to teach. I am so excited to talk to you guys on Christmas. I have set everything up with Skype on the nice computer in the church, and I have a camera and I´ve downloaded the software and everything and the picture looked pretty decent. Hopefully the internet works well that day and all goes well. We will be going to Chillan for a 2 and a half hour activity put on by the Pulsipher´s (couple missionaries) and then leave 2 hours early to head back to Yungay to skype. It should be at around 7:15-7:45 that I should sign on.. my time. 315-3:35 your guys time. I´m just hoping all goes well with the bus situation and the internet. Just be patient and be checking your email in case I haven´t signed in for awhile. I´ll see if I can send you guys some emails if something doesn´t go right, which I imagine it should since I´ve been careful to plan it out. I am so excited to talk to my nephews/niece. Hopefully they´re not all shy and want to talk to me.. if not it´s all good! Haha but anyways it´s been forever... since last Mother´s Day! It should be nice to see all your awesome faces. Tonight we have a Christmas activity here in Yungay. There´s food involved so it should turn out. We have a talent show before, and we´ve had some requests to dance and sing an English song. What else besides Wannabe by Spice Girls? Hahaha we had some requests so we might be doing that.. lip synching and dancing. I´ll see if I can take some pictures/videos of the activity and send them next week. By the way Mom and Dad, Happy Anniverary this past week! I forgot to tell you guys last week, but I definitely remember :) That card you made Mom was awesome.. with my card I sent to you guys.. thanks! We had the Christmas Conference this past weekend and it was really good. They had a choir sing christmas songs and everything. We also watched a video that had a bunch of our pictures on it. I sent into a lot of pictures so quite a bit of my pictures made it into the video. It really helped bring the Christmas Spirit since here in Chile there´s hardly any. It´s hard to even remember it´s Christmas. Back at home you have all the reminders... snow, lights, stores, so many people, music, christmas trees, etc. Definitely missing all those things but it´s all good. I gotta remind myself it´s Christmas with my music and try to remember the true meaning of Christmas. I have a picture I would like to send you guys of a toy I found outside of someone´s house when I was in a mini-cambio. If one of my nephews complain about a toy they don´t like for Christmas, you can show them the picture and tell them to be grateful :) haha I just laughed when I saw it. They do open presents here on Christmas, but basically nobody (especially here in Yungay) has enough money to buy anything. I feel bad. I have definitely learned and realized how awesome we really have it back in the states and Utah. I love America. Anyways I hope everyone can remember the true meaning of Christmas: The celebration of our Savior´s birth. It´s a time to spend with family most of all. It´s a time of happiness, joy, and service to others. Remember that and enjoy Christmas Day with the family. Remember I´ll be thinking about all of you that day anxiously waiting to see all of your faces on Skype! Anyways not a whole lot more, just going to sign off and see if I can get some pictures sent off to you guys. I love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment