Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR... 2014? Seriously?‏

Monday, December 30, 2013
Does anybody else.. when they think about 10 years ago.. think about the 1990´s? I for sure do. There´s no way that when I think about 10 years ago, I think about 2004. 2004... 2004? Oh yeah. Fiesta Bowl. GO UTES. Anyways it´s almost the new year and I´m feeling pretty weird that´s it´s about to be 2014. This past year when I look back at it, has flown by. I just want to wish you all a Happy New Year! Everyone stay safe and don´t do anything crazy :) First off, it was awesome getting to talk to all you guys on Christmas! I enjoyed seeing all your faces and actually being able to talk to guys. A couple people asked me if I enjoy talking to everyone, or people individually. I was wondering what I wanted to do but figured whatever you guys wanted to do I was fine with. Seemed like you guys opted to all talk to me at the same time. That´s cool too, but it would also be cool to talk to everyone one on one. Maybe for Mother´s Day we´ll be thinking about that. Anyways sorry I had a bunch of people peering over my shoulders and it was kind of loud. For that reason I wanted to stay in Yungay that day but we would have had nothing to do. We decided to go, play some sports, and be with other missionaries so we wouldn´t be homesick :) All in all I loved talking to you guys and seeing how huge my nephews have gotten and how cute my new niece is. SUCH BALLERS. By the way we did end up catching our bus and getting back to our house fine. José... we are still working with. He has been a little difficult but still has a baptism date for the 5th. I feel like he doesn´t quite have a testimony of the restoration though.. and I´m feeling like we might need to delay it a week. We have been in communication with his uncle that´s a member in Santiago that´s planning on coming down to baptize him, and he said he´s gonna call him and figure things out. Pray for José, but for some reason I have a feeling we might need to postpone his baptism a week. I´ll keep you guys updated. He did come to church which was good though. Sounds like the Christmas party up at Grandpa´s was pretty crazy with so many people and dogs there! Did you guys take Bella? Probably not. Our plans for new year´s eve I have no idea yet. We have to go to Chillan tomorrow and I´m sure we´ll hear all the announcements for what the rules are for that day. Yungay is actually probably one of the safest areas and is pretty calm. There will still probably be a lot of drunks walking on the streets asking us for money like always.
 I haven´t gotten Marshall McDonald´s music yet. I´ll see what I can do and I´ll let you guys know next week. If I can´t quickly convert them you might have to convert them to mp3 first and then send them to me. I would like you guys to all keep me updated on Utah Basketball. Sounds like they might have a decent year if they don´t choke in Pac-12 play like the football team.  We have been having some troubles finding some new investigators. We are trying to be creative and work hard with the members to help them. Transfers here are on the 28th.. I don´t know if I want to leave or I want to stay. 6 months is a long time to be in a small town.. but I´ve definitely grown to love it. I definitely will NEVER forget Yungay. We are still working on getting into a new house. We sent the papers in and are just waiting for the thumbs up to start moving our stuff. It should be nicer and a lot cleaner but if I get transferred I won´t be able to reap much of those benefits. It´s also right behind the members house where we eat 2 days a week. This past Sunday was the primary program.  There was a total of 4 kids! They all gave little talks and sang like 2 songs in between. It was cool because it was something different that they haven´t done much of here in Yungay. I want to thank everyone for everything they do and for making adjustments to all be there on Christmas Day to talk on Skype. It definitely made my day and made my Christmas this year. My nephews/niece/dog are so freaking cute. Carter made me laugh.. haha that kid is soooo funny. I just love when he talks. Anyways that´s about it for this week. Thanks again for the package and everything.. I LOVED everything I got. You definitely know me Mom. Twix, Hershey´s cookies and cream bars, and Starbursts. Also my favorite cookies. You know your youngest son really well. I love you all and I look forward to reading your letters and talking to you all next week! Happy 2014! Make it a resolution or a priority to spend a lot of time with the family because that´s the most important thing! For the last time this year... NINNON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#partylikeits2014 #newyears #doworkthisyear

No comments:

Post a Comment