Monday, January 20, 2014

Call of Duty

 I wanted start off by thanking everyone again for writing me. I love reading your letters. I even heard from Robyn? What the heck? Someone go to her house and make sure she´s feeling okay. Just kidding Robyn... love you! :) this week was a little slow again because on Thursday we were stuck moving HOUSES! We moved into an even smaller house, but a lot cleaner. It´s also behind a members house. The member where we eat twice a week so that´s pretty nice. If you need an oven or any little thing, they have it so that´s pretty cool. It´s really small and don´t really have room for a whole lot but that other house we were in was terrible. So we ended up getting moved out and it basically took all day. Then yesterday I had to go to Chillan for the stake leadership meeting for all the bishops. Of course the branch president couldn´t go so I had to go there with Elder M and Leo, the secretary and future branch president here. That last part isn´t for sure but I can almost guarantee it. He´s awesome. I had to declare all the tithing stuff from our branch to the stake president and do all that fun stuff. We were there all day but the 3 hour round trip nap isn´t the worst thing ever. :) I´ve spent SOOOOOOO much money in total traveling to Chillan and back it´s ridiculous. I have to go back tomorrow again for the district meeting. As you may all know we have changes here in a week. I´m freaking nervous as I always am the week before. I don´t want to go really, but then there´s that feeling where I know I´ve been here for a long time and it might be time. We´ll see what happens and I´ll let you guys all know next week! I´ll probably be emailing earlier on because I think either me or my companion will be leaving so that´s what we would do. Anyways there´s this 10 year old girl (cousin of a recent convert that has been coming to the activities and to church lately. She´s really funny and wants a Book of Mormon! We are going to make plans to do all that and see if we can get her baptized! We have a special assignment from the stake to reactivate the young men here. That has been our main focus and we have some activities planned for that. In the meeting today all the other wards had all these young men going to the camp this week then they asked... and Yungay? I was like ummmm we don´t have anybody. Haha it was embarrassing but it´s been that way in Yungay for YEARS. Yungay is widely known around the mission and the Chillan stake. It´s pretty famous. All the members in Chillan ask me where I´m at and when I say Yungay.. they say and how long have you been there? I tell them 6 months and they´re just like are you serious? That´s REALLY long to be in Yungay. Haha it´s funny but I¨ve definitely learned a lot and learned to enjoy it. Today we went to Hna. R and her husband´s land they have (campo-country). We went there and had a picnic/barbecue and took a bunch of pictures by the river and in trees. I don´t have my card reader or cable so the pictures will have to wait. They brought their dog that loves to play fetch in the river. Made me miss Bella so much and playing frisbee with her at the park and in the back. Does she still like to do that? Anyways that´s pretty much what we did this week. The weeks haven´t been too incredibly exciting as you guys have probably noticed.  That´s good that Grandma was happier too. She seems to always been grumpy haha and swearing up a storm. I´m not gonna lie that was kinda funny to listen to. I know it might be best for her to pass on by I really would like to be home and see her again. I´m glad you´re gonna feed the missionaries! I was gonna tell you that you should do it but you did it anyways. Just let them put their on food on the plate and eat as much as they want. Everyone here puts the food on your plate and if you don´t eat it all they punch you. I hope Brian´s nephew can progress... if he doesn´t it´s just not his time. It´s frustrating when the people don´t want to progress but it´s important to remember it´s all in the Lord´s time. Just be patient because He knows what he´s doing. That´s about it for this week... thanks for everything and all your prayers for me. I know I´ve been blessed because of them and that keeps me going. I love you all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment