Monday, January 27, 2014

And the rockets red GLARE.. the bombs bursting in AIR. Anybody remember that video?‏

Hello family. Another week has passed by and another change in the mission has taken place. I´m sure you´re all curious as to whether I´m staying here in Yungay or taking off. Well you´ll have to wait a little bit. This week was a really good week. We found a lot of new people to teach, and we had 3 investigators in church. We found this lady and her daughter, and the daughter´s friend. We were just doing contacts and they told us they wanted to hear more. Anyways we got in and they were really interested in the Book of Mormon and everything. This lady, talked a lot about her property where she takes care of dogs. She takes dogs off the streets that are sick or wounded, and helps them get better or just gives them a home. She invited us to go on Saturday morning, so we set up a nice service. Anyways we went there and THERE WERE SO MANY DOGS. It was kind of gross but kind of cool. She has about 200 dogs in this property of hers. A lot of them don´t have legs, or have tumors, or are perfectly healthy because they were born there. Anyways we spent all morning feeding them, cleaning their water buckets, and cleaning up their poop. She also has a horse there that got hit by a car 2 years ago and it´s 2 front legs are really deformed. I took plenty of pictures of the dogs and the horse and maybe next week I´ll see if I can get them sent off. It´s really cool what she does, and she has to have a lot of money to be able to feed 200 dogs every day haha. Anyways they know the members we live by now because she actually gave them the cat that they have now. They came to church and stayed all 3 hours and loved it! They say they are going to continue to keep coming because they really like it. Hopefully they can keep progressing and all will go well there. Okay now time to let you know about the changes. Guess what? I´M LEAVING YUNGAY. I got a call from the President last night and found out a day early. He asked me if I would accept a tough assignment. I told him of course and that I would love to. Anyways, I will be going to open up a brand new sector in Concepción, training a brand new missionary, and serving as the District Leader. Fun huh? Haha he was kind of laughing saying I´ll really need to rely on the Lord and that God had called me and that he hadn´t. I´m really excited but I´m a little nervous at the same time. We will see what my new sector has in store for me. My new sector is called Santa Savina I believe. From what I hear, it is AWESOME. Every Sunday, there are about 200 active members that go and there´s about 35 returned missionaries there. Apparently they are all rich and have way nice houses, and feed the missionaries really well. I guess a little payback for not eating so well here :) haha so it is going to be the complete opposite of Yungay that´s for sure. I love Yungay though. I love it. I don´t want to say goodbye to the people here. In 6 months, working with the same few members and less actives, I have gotten so close to them. Hermana S DID NOT want me to leave. She said she fasted so that I wouldn´t go, and when she called me today all worried, I had to tell her that I was leaving. She just started crying and wanted to call the President to ask him if I could stay. I felt sooo bad. Her cousin and her aunt died the same week about a week ago, and she hasn´t been too well. We went to Chillan today to find out about the changes (even though I already knew) and to play soccer and to eat tacos. Anyways we got back a little late and are now emailing. I´m a little afraid I won´t have time to say goodbye to everybody I want to, but we´ll see what I can do. I´m glad I got to serve as 1st counselor here in this branch. I learned so much and have grown to be thankful for how well the wards function back at home. I´m also excited to see that in my next sector as well. I tried to print off these pictures that I created with me and my information on it but the machine at Lider was broken. By the way, going there was a really good idea. After playing soccer, we went to Lider to try and do that so we ended up taking the later bus to Yungay. On our way there, the bus before was off to the side and had gotten into a wreck. There were some ambulances there and stuff and I was like wow.. maybe if we didn´t go to Lider we would have taken that bus. Or maybe it was from way earlier I don´t know. But the Lord is protecting us as missionaries which is really good :) Anyways that machine was broken which was disappointing so maybe I´ll have to email the letters to the people here. I can´t believe you guys already got my letters... I´m glad they got there really fast. Maybe I¨ll have to send more know that I know they don´t take WAYYYYY long. I wouldn´t mind a few letters from you guys here and there in the mail as well.. they´re always fun to receive at the conferences :) by the way I got the primary package which was awesome, but not my other package with the garments and scriptures. It´s all good I´ll be able to give the triple to someone else in my other sector. I¨m really excited but nervous for so much responsibility but it should be a fun adventure. Pray for me for sure.. I know your guys´ prayers have helped me so thanks for that and please continue to do it.
       I was actually wondering about Addison the other day.. I figured he was either home or getting ready to go home. What about Parker Breinholt? He should be home or getting ready to go home too if I remember right. I can´t believe DJ Teaskie´s only got 7 months left. Sooooo crazy. I miss that kid. That´s cool you guys had the sister missionaries over. That´s funny about their appointment they had.. haha that´s missionary life for you. I´m sure they´re used to that so don´t feel too bad Mom :)  Next week I´ll know a little bit more about my new ward and who my companion will be. At this moment I have no idea. But guess who I´ll get to see tomorrow? Krisha Ardnt! She will be arriving as a new missionary so I¨ll get a chance to talk to her tomorrow which will be cool. Maybe she´ll be in my zone.. that would be sick. Anyways thanks for everything.. the pictures, the letters, and your prayers. Robyn.. I´m proud of you! I love getting letters from you by the way. I love getting letters from everybody that´s for sure. It´s just hasn´t been very normal seeing your name pop up ya know? :) I´m glad Dallin is enjoying music.. especially DIE YOUNG! I miss the dance parties with the boys.. :( but plenty more to come with MORE nephews/niece. Loved all the pictures.. thanks H-Train and Bri. I also love hearing the Teagan stories and the things he says. Congratz to Hayds on his 19/20 on his spelling test. He should have been proud of that and just left it at that.. poor kid!  Anyways I love you all and look forward to this new mini adventure I¨m about to start and also writing you guys next week. I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment