Monday, February 3, 2014

Dr. Pepper & Root Beer‏

Hello family! Has anyone ever realized once you get comfortable with something, it all of a sudden changes? Well that´s definitely what happened haha. All comfortable there in Yungay, knew everybody, knew where every street was, and BAM! I have no idea what the freak is going on. Okay so I´m learning little by little. Santa Sabina is huge. There are a total of 6 missionaries here now. 4 sisters and then us 2 elders. Basically this whole week we have just been contacting and trying to find some investigators. We literally have had to start from SCRATCH. We don´t have any reference of old investigators, futures, less actives, or anything. We have been exploring and trying to figure out what is going on. We have found so many members just knocking on doors it´s crazy. We also have a list of all the members now but we don´t know if they´re active or less actives. We have been trying to visit them to get to know them and everything. There are so many nice houses in our area it is nuts. The people are loaded... and full of pride as well. It´s extremely difficult to even get one to come out of their house to talk to you. Definitely different than Linares and Yungay. Laid back there with really nice people. Here is a different story.. but we´ll see what happens. My companion is from Brazil, but lived in Argentina for awhile too. He speaks like he´s from Argentina, but says he´s from Brazil.
 Today we went to the beach with our zone which was pretty cool and played ultimate frisbee. I always have the worst luck at beaches. We were playing and I went up to catch the frisbee and landed on this huge rock. Anyways I started bleeding really bad and had to put my socks on and shoes and play in that. It was cool anyways and I got some cool pictures which I¨ll have to try and send next week. By the way we accidentally found these members and I was talking to this lady about my family. I found out that her husband served in Viña Del Mar, and knows Jeremy. They weren´t ever companions but he knew of him. I wrote his name down in my planner, and took a picture of when he was on his mission, but I forgot everything. I thought we would be going back to our house before writing but obviously that´s not the case. More details and pictures next week... SORRY!
 District Leader is a lot more work. I taught my first class the other week which went pretty well. We are in the biggest zone in the mission with 25 missionaries. I have 6 sister missionaries in my district.  By the way our ward has the highest attendance out of all the wards in our mission which is pretty cool. Church went well... it was kind of weird how it just.. FUNCTIONED. A ton of priesthood there which is the complete opposite of Yungay. In priesthood the teacher wanted to watch a video which all of us. After finally getting the TV to work, it wouldn´t read the video on his flashdrive. After wondering what they were gonna do, I mention that I have the same video on my flashdrive. After the class the teacher just came and gave me a big hug and said I don´t know what I would have done without you.. haha it was funny. The lunches haven´t been as great as I had hoped. We have been eating a lot of humitas. I don´t even know how to explain them but their like little things full of mashed corn and they´re so bland. In time, I think the lunches will get better. Our house is pretty decent though. Yes Mom, we have our own washer and dryer now and wash our own clothes. However, the dryer isn´t working right yet and we need to find someone to fix it. We have an iron too which is surprising. We have a blender and an oven too! And a Domino´s and Papa John´s. And we can easily shop at a Jumbo which has more american stuff. Anyways this all means I¨ll be eating more of the stuff that I really enjoy so I´m excited. Even though vanilla ice cream barely exists here so the shake thing I´m not sure about. This area I´m in is actually the area I was in for 2 days when I had to come here for the new missionary conference. Remember the couch I had to share with Elder H? That´s my house now haha. There were 4 missionaries there but now we only live the 2 of us.  I remember with Elder Peper that day, we visited some investigators... and I´m trying to remember where they lived to go visit them but it´s been awhile. That would be cool though. Anyways Thursdays and Sunday nights I´m on the phone for an hour and a half verifying with my district and the zone leaders about the week.
 Leaving Yungay... was difficult. I got to know the members there so well. I didn´t want to leave quite yet.. I wanted to stay at least one more transfer. But I know I was needed somewhere else. Like Dad said, it was kind of hard on the members too. A few of the members I went to say goodbye to cried when I was saying goodbye. I know I have more sectors to be, but I have a feeling I will want to go back to Yungay before I head home. It was just so cool getting to know such a small branch and working with the few members there. The people are so chill there too. So different here. By the way, the weather here is sooooo sick. It´s not really cold, but it´s not really hot. There´s some nice wind here which makes it so much better. Yungay was sooooo hot! With the music mom, yes we have a DVD player and we should always have one. So if you wanted to send a CD, that would be fine.  I had seen some pictures of Bella and I had realized that she was a lot fatter. Better be careful and keep up with that diet of hers. She is a baller. Sounds like the Super Bowl or the commercials weren´t all that great. Oh well.. maybe next year. #chargernation  I love you guys all so much and think about you DAILY. Not sure if that´s a good thing but I can´t help it because you guys are all ballers. Thanks for everything and I´ll talk to you guys all next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment