Monday, February 24, 2014

Any more songs wanna remind me of my bro Jon?‏

 I will say it right now but this letter isn´t going to be very long. I would like to do something a little different this week as Mom well knows.. I will be completing a year out in the mission field this week. Honestly I can´t tell if the time has gone by fast or slow, but it´s crazy to think I´m halfway done. What I would like to do is make a small list of 25 things I have grown to be more thankful for while out on my mission, and 10 things that I have learned as well.

Thankful List

1. MY FAMILY
2.My friends
3. My house
4. The United States
5.The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
6.My car (Dad´s car)
7. My bed
8.Water heater
9.Insulation
10. Prayer
11. Book of Mormon
12. Phone
13. Computer
14. Call of Duty ;P
15. Sports (Basketball)
16. Good policeman
17. Dishwasher
18. Good medical care
19. English
20. Music
21. Angels and Airwaves
22. Carpet
23. Bella
24. Restaurants & Stores
25. Air Conditioning & Heat

Things I Have Learned

1. Family is the Most Important Thing
2. The United States has it GOOD
3. Always keep a good sense of humor
4. Always be grateful for what you have
5. If you want something done well, do it yourself
6. When things are bad, rely on the Lord
7. When you´re tired, push harder
8. Complaining never fixes anything
9. The Gospel is what holds families TOGETHER
10. TRUE happiness comes from keeping and living the commandments


There´s a little list for you guys that I thought you might enjoy. This week has been a lot of the same stuff. A struggle trying to find new investigators but it´s all good. We have had some good lessons with some people but 2 people that we felt really good about left on vacation right after the 1st time we met with them so it´s kind of been frustrating. They should be coming back sometime this week so hopefully we can meet up with them again. Before I forget, can someone send me a really simple recipe to make pancakes from scratch? I have flour, baking soda, water, sugar, salt, and stuff like that but I can´t seem to get it to work out right. That would be cool. We have been meeting some more less active families that are actually receptive so that should be nice. Our investigator whose girlfriend is a member, has been difficult. He is awesome. He played pro basketball here in Chile (not sure how good he is yet) and he wants to play with me. We are trying to find a good day to do that. He´s not married and has a little 10 month old girl but wants to get baptized. He knows the church is true and everything, and says they have plans to get married this year. We were able to talk to the wife and she said she thinks he´ll get baptized within the next 2 months. We just got to keep working with him. Apparently he always came to church, but for the past 2 weeks he hasn´t which is weird. He keeps saying they are going to come especially because the wife plays the piano, but they haven´t. Kind of weird but we will figure it all out. Nothing really cool happened this week.  Anyways, there is a sister missionary that keeps telling me she wants to go home but she´s not going to. I´ve been leaving a lot of scriptures for her that helped me when I was struggling in Linares and she always thanks me and tells me that they helped her.  That´s cool to hear about Cole.. congratz to him. That would be a lot of responsibility and I¨m sure he´ll learn a lot. Sounds like Utah basketball is on the uprise.. unlike the football team. Booooooo. By the way I saw pictures of Dallin... oh my gosh. The kid is huge and looks like such a baller. Please don´t let him grow up anymore. I just want to play with that kid and have a dance party :( Sounds like everyone enjoyed Trevor´s birthday and had a good time. Can´t believe he´s 31.. and yes Mom.. you´re only 21 so don´t worry :)  Congratulations to Kelvin for being cancer free.... that´s awesome news. Hopefully they get everything figured out with that blood clot and he can grow up healthy. Anyways there´s not much more to report so I´ll sign off and talk to you all next week! Tell my nephews and niece I love them and they´re all ballers. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            NEILSON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment