Monday, March 3, 2014

I MISS THE SNOW

Hello family, friends, and anyone else that might be reading this letter. I would like to thank those that wrote me again this week and for giving me updates on your vidas. Santa Sabina.. is going well. The ward, like I have said, is awesome. The bishop is awesome, the ward mission leader is dope, and stuff just gets done. I´m just not quite used to that from my other 2 past sectors like you may know. Today we went to the beach and had a barbecue. I took like 2 pictures but then my camera died. Nothing special.. I think everyone has seen some water meeting up with some sand at one point in their lives. Elder J brought a kite that his family had sent him for his birthday, and me and him flew that for awhile and just chilled on the beach. He´s a pretty cool kid. This Sunday we had an investigator in church. He lives alone and wants something more in his life. He lives in a really small house, and is quite poor. He liked the meeting which was really good. There is this family in our ward that is huge. One of them is the nephew that´s going to California on his mission. They had a baby blessing in their family, and they all bore their testimonies in testimony meeting. Also, the president of the high priests bore his testimony.. the Spirit was really strong in this past week´s sacrament meeting. Almost everyone said something about how grateful they were for the missionaries that knocked on their door and shared the Gospel with them. It made me think how great of cause I am involved in and how great the responsibility is. We actually haven´t gotten into his house because he´s always busy, but he agreed to come to church and we have an appointment set up with him this week. Other than that, basically the same thing as last week. We have gotten to know a few more less actives, incomplete families, and some more members that are really nice. We are trying to work really hard with those incomplete families and get all the members baptized, but it might be a little difficult. Because of that, they are incomplete families haha.  Anyways slowly and surely we are working here in Santa Sabina doing what we can to help the ward.  Besides from what I´ve already mentioned, not much more to report. I am soooooooooooooooo boring I know.. I´m sorry. There´s this sick soccer jersey that I want to buy.. sooooooo dope.. long sleeve and everything but it´s like 70 bucks. I can´t decide yet but it would be sick. I did treat myself to a Papa John´s pizza by myself.. which was very delicious. It´s been forever since I had a decent pizza like that.  We had a family night with a member on Friday and she invited her neighbor from behind. She was a missionary a while ago so she knows what´s going on. We ate scones, and watched a movie on the atonement. It was successful but the member is going to invite her to church next week I think. She says she already has her religion and is pretty set on that, but we´ll see. The sisters brought an investigator to church on sunday and I was sitting next to him in priesthood. He´s an old guy.. and I asked him his name and he made this weird face and got all offended. A little after, the bishop asked him, and he made the same face, and got up and stormed out of church. Hahaha nobody has heard from him since. Crazy dude that´s for sure.

         I got an update from my primo Nate Dog!!! I already told him, but congratz to him. She looks perfect for him and they look really happy in the picture, so that´s awesome. How long had he been dating her before he proposed?

Mom, about my letter last week, I referred to her as the wife because Chileans always refer to them as that even when they´re not married. Anyways, they´re still not married. We need to figure out what´s up with him and when they actually have plans to get married. He knows everything is true and wants to do it, but I don´t know what´s going on with their wedding. We need to figure that all out. By the way, we have been praying specifically to find a family of 4, so we are really hoping for that. I would love to find a family, so we have been praying for that. Today, all the kids starting school again here, and everyone is back from vacation. That should be a nice little help there so we´ll see what happens. Dallin.. haha he sounds like such a funny kid right now. I´m glad he knows who I am.. keep showing him my picture show he remembers! I hope he´s not all scared of me when I come home.. or the other kids too. I can see Teags being all weird not talking to me hahaha. The picture of Hayds... wow he´s huge. Has he been playing basketball? He would be such a baller. Thanks Dad for all the sports updates... I love them so keep them coming.

Thanks again for everything that you guys do and for all the letters. It´s the best coming here every Monday and just reading everyone´s emails. I pray for you guys daily and miss you guys so much! I love you all and I´ll talk to you next week!

p.s. I have not burned a shirt yet, but I´m planning on it this next week. In our free time at night, we have been trying to kill the rat that´s in our house. I found it the other day and we always look for it, and when we find it, it is really hard to kill. It´s a professional rat and is pro at escaping.. trust me. I love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment