Monday, March 24, 2014

Choosing to Ignore the Marks Left Behind‏

Hello everyone... how´s everyone doing? Another week down and starting another week once again.  I am still doing well and still working hard. Our investigator has a date to be baptized for the 30th but he´s still not sure if he wants to do it. He doesn´t feel like he´s received his answer quite yet but we are working hard with 2 members that are married and that served missions. They have 2 kids.. a 3 year old and a 5 year old girl. I have grown to love this family and the 2 kids love when we come over and always want to play with me. That´s one example of when I start thinking of my nephews and just want to play with THEM, and nobody else haha. They´re a really cool family and have helped a lot in teaching our investigator. Also, usually we do baptisms on Saturdays, but the bishop likes them on Sundays. In that case, they would be baptized the week after, but it´s general conference. We don´t really know what would happen. He could be baptized before church and confirmed in sacrament meeting, but we have to talk to the bishop. This is all if he decides to be baptized. We have an appointment with him tomorrow and if he wants more time we have to postpone the date for 2 more weeks. I will let you guys know what´s up next week. We have also been teaching some other people but haven´t quite been progressing like he has. He knows everything and has been living the word of wisdom for 6 months now. He says he´s had a big change in his life even from that so he´s happy. We were in a lesson with him and we got talking and I pulled out my scripture and pulled out Mosiah 18:10 and he said it was a scripture directly talking to him. He loved that scripture and I´m hoping within the next 3 weeks tops he´ll be baptized. Anyways we now have 4 missionaries in our house, and we are in normal companionships. 2 new missionaries came from Venezuela, because all of the non venezuelans got sent out because of the situation there. My companion is Elder C from Bolivia.. My other companion, Elder R, is with the other missionary who is also from Bolivia, and he´s a pretty cool kid. We get along pretty well.  Anyways with all this, I have a total of 10 missionaries in my district.... it´s the biggest district in the mission as far as I know. They´re trying to get things moved around so hopefully I don´t have so many missionaries here pretty soon. The verifications at night just take a long time. Anyways that´s about it for this week. That´s cool you were able to go to Parker´s homecoming and that he´s doing well. The pinewood derby for Carter... sounds like he had fun! The batmobile is dope. Reminds me of the unbeatable truck that Jon has. That thing is the king of all pinewood derby. I´m glad Trevor is enjoying his new calling.. a lot of responsibility but I´m sure he´ll do great. That´s cool that Emily´s mom emailed you... yeah she´s a really cool lady. I went up to their house quite a bit to hang out with Dustin and some other kids and her parents are awesome people.  I actually talked to Chandler last week and he said he´s doing well there in Los Angeles. He said it´s sick and it´s cool to be in L.A.   Have Jeremy and Staci decided on an actual date? February 12 after I´m home? Okay sounds good :) hahaha just kidding.. in June right? She looks perfect for Jeremy... looks like a fun girl.. but a video sent my way of her and Jeremy talking or something wouldn´t make me complain.. just saying.  Anyways thanks to all those who were able to get a letter sent off this week.... I really enjoy reading everyone´s letters and seeing all the pictures. Brian´s last picture sure had me laughing... the guy that helped him at the bank. Hahaha so funny.  Anyways please pray for our investigator so that he can realize he has received his answer already so that he can be baptized. Hayden, Teagan, Carter, Dallin, and Brielle.. I love you guys! Don´t grow up too fast okay? Anyways thanks again for your letters and for your prayers and for everything. I´ll talk to you guys all next week..... LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

p.s. I miss EVERYONE..  just not my nephews/niece ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment