Saturday, February 15, 2014

¨Rich and prideful¨- Smoothieman knows best‏

Monday, 2-10-2014
Here are a couple of pictures. There´s a couple at the beach we went to last week, one at this dinosaur park thingy here in Cónce, one in my area above a little bit, one of my companion, and one of a tarantula we found and I actually held.. I know I can´t believe I held it either (reminded me of Jon on his mission) and an example of the houses I have to contact.
Elder Ribeiro and I





Hello everyone. Another week down. After waiting a ton of time, I finally got a computer. There´s about 2 million missionaries in this one internet cafe so I had to wait forever, but here I am.
 How´s everything going back in my favorite city in the entire world.. Sandy? That city is my city, and I love it. I like that song by the way. So this week has been interesting. Basically every day and all day, I was walking up and down hills. The area I´m in has so many ups and downs
 it´s ridiculous. If I´m walking, I´m either walking down a hill or up.There´s no in betweens... and
 I´m soooo dead when the day is over. To make it worse, we don´t know a lot of people so we have been contacting a TON. And like Trevor says, the rich and prideful
don´t like us. We hardly get into ANY houses, but we are trying to be patient. We have found a few people but we haven´t had a 2nd lesson with any of them yet. The ward here is so sick though. There´s so many people in church, and apparently from what I hear, everyone is on vacation. That makes a lot of sense because 1 out of every 6 houses we contact there´s a person home. Everyone is on vacation in Viña Del Mar it´s ridiculous. There´s so many returned missionaries in the ward and they´re all way cool. One kid we´ve been working with that has helped us a lot just got his mission call. He is the bishop´s son and he just got his call to Fresno, California, He´s way excited and leaves in May. We have been trying to get to know all the members so that we can actually work with them and find more people through them. It honestly has been soooo difficult though. My companion is 20 years old, and he knows we need to have a lot of patience. Little by little we will figure things out. My church is the one in Santa Sabina.. Barrio Norte is some sister´s church that I have in my district. The church is a really good size and we live pretty close to it.  Our house is actually in the back of the white house with a black gate so you probably won´t be able to see it on google earth.   All our areas are sooo rich and the members tell us how much patience we are going to need to have.   Yes I talked to Krisha Ardnt but I don´t know where she took off to. She was really worried about the language haha but she´ll be fine. I did talk to Dustin the other day and he sent me a picture and yeah he´s lost a lot of weight. Hahaha apparently he just sweats all day every day because it´s so hot and that´s why. I miss that kid though. Dad did tell me about his braces the other day, and he actually made me laugh.¨Can you imagine an old man with braces?¨ Hahaha that gave me a good laugh. So for my hump day, I¨m thinking about burning a shirt but we´ll have to see. I´m not sure if I have enough but we´ll see. One is ripped in a spot but
 it´s one of my short sleeved ones that actually fit so I don´t really wanna burn it. The rip doesn´t show when I tuck it in. But I´m just going to point something out.. In 1 year from today, I will be coming home! Apparently something happened and they cut 3 weeks off our missions or something because there´s so many missionaries I´m not really sure. But if the calculations are correct, it would be 1 year from today. Just sayin. I´m glad you have all received my handwritten letters... took me awhile to write all of those hahaha. The washer and dryer thing is good but bad at the same time. It was nice having someone else do it, but you always had to go without your clothes for some time. Here you can just wash it and be good to go. And I have to buy soap and stuff but it´s not that bad. Mom, I already knew how to do laundry and iron thank you very much...:) I made those peanut butter cookies today... actually turned out decent. I usually murder stuff like that but it was a surprise. Anyways there´s not much to report here from Santa Sabina... we have no area book, no old investigators, no futures or anything to look up. All we have are a few addresses of some members and contacting. The days are going by super slow but it´s all good. In time it should pick up hopefully. There is one investigator that the sisters gave to us because there were problems with the wife thinking he liked Sister R. He is planning on getting married and baptized in March apparently, but he has been super hard to have a lesson with. He LOVES basketball though, and wants to play with me and his Dad. Apparently he played professionally in Brazil or something and he wants to see if I can play or not. We are trying to set that up. He goes to church but we just haven´t been able to sit down with him and talk to him. We have to wait until Wednesday so I¨ll let you all know how that goes. By the way last week on the way to Santa Sabina I lost my wallet. No idea where, but I probably had like 20 bucks or a little more in there. I just forgot about it because there was nothing I could do and it was just going to bug me. Anyways this week I will be ordering a pizza from Papa John´s just to spoil myself. Thought you´d all like to know :) Mom, I hope I answered all of your questions. Thanks to Trevor and Bri I got my questions answered about the Corolla and Jeremy and Staci. Trevor´s letter gave me a good laugh too.. I´m glad my Corolla (Dad´s corolla) is enjoying her privacy. Please let her know, that I think about her every day as I walk up and down the hills here in Santa Sabina all day. She is surely and dearly missed, believe me. I don´t know if you can really understand how much I miss that car.. I literally think about it too much I think as the cars just zoom past us on the road. We take too many things for granted! Anyways I hope I answered all the questions and let you guys know everything. Oh by the way, I saw a kid going into his house the other day with a Utah Football hat on. I almost gave him a big hug and took a picture but I didn´t. Thanks again for all the letters and pictures... you guys are ballers! I love you and I¨ll talk to you all next week!!!!! 

p.s. Dad the weather here is awesome. We can see the ocean from a lot of places in our area when we´re on the hills and there´s constantly a nice wind that is so amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment