Monday, February 17, 2014

I´m not very creative this week...‏

Hello family.. another week down. From the sound of everything, sounds like you guys had the world´s most boring week this past week. Haha just kidding but anyways before I forget I want to wish smoothieman a HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week!!!!! My bro.... Is this number 31? I believe I´m right but wow bro YOU.ARE.GETTING.OLD. :) it´s all good though!! I hope you have a good day and you all can go hit up Olive Garden or somewhere cool to eat. Anyways yes the lunches have been a lot better. We have lunch every day except Mondays so I´m getting fat again like I was in Linares. My stretch marks went away in Yungay but yes they are back again. I´m so ugly Mom. :P Anyways yes Sister R was right.. every single person is on vacation right now. And if they´re not, they won´t leave their door to come talk to us. Not gonna lie it´s been difficult, and at the end of the day I´m dead after walking up and down the hills. Our sector is famous for those hills just so you all know. I´m glad you could see on google earth :) Yes our house stands up higher in back of the house in front.. I´m pretty sure you have the right house there. I said we got boned because we split our sector up into 3 different parts and the sisters gave us elders all the rich areas. Hahaha but it´s all good. We have gotten into like 2 houses this past week. As I was about to leave yesterday, I had this thought just to grab a Book of Mormon and use it in the contact. As I contacted this man that left his house, he was really interested in it. We got in and we talked about it, and we left him with 3 Ne. 11 to read. He is really busy and told us he only has Sundays to meet with us so we´ll see what happens. Yes the cookies were really good, but no I never ended up buying the pizza yet. For sure I´ll do it within the next 2 weeks to celebrate my 1 year mark. Quick question.. is there any way Mr. Mac would send me more shirts that are actually my size since they screwed up? Just a question. If not I´ll be fine.. I usually wear long sleeve anyways (It´s been pretty cold here at night). Dad, how you enjoying your braces? They SUCK right? Hahaha now you know how we all felt when we kept having to get them adjusted! Valentine´s Day was a little uneventful.. no different than any other day. I´m glad everyone was able to go out to eat and enjoy the day. I was walking up hills all day. But I´m used to it and it´s worth it because we have the best message in the world and even though many people don´t want to hear it, there´s a few that are waiting. Just have to work, work, and work some more to find them. 29 missionaries from the stake now? Definitely didn´t know that. Seems like a lot to me.. that´s cool. Did you guys end up going to Lava Hot Springs? Wait a minute, Jon having to study? Deja vu... hahaha keep pushing Donovan. Still waiting on a letter from Jeremy to update me on Staci.. I´ll just be patient. That´s sad that Brandon passed away.. hopefully Tanner doesn´t take it too hard.  We had talked about him a lot but wow.. Teaskie has definitely had it rough during his mission. I feel bad for that kid. Okay so a little bit more about this week... I got to baptize someone on Saturday! Her name is Alejandra, and she was the sister´s investigators.  Anyways she was having a tough problem with the Word of Wisdom and receiving an answer to her prayers. So two weeks ago, I had a support interview with her. I went and I found out what she needed and helped her with the W.o.W. and receiving an answer to her prayers. Apparently after the interview, she completely stopped smoking, drinking, and everything. Later on, I found out she had received her answer to her prayer and that she wanted to get baptized. Last week I went to go do the baptismal interview, and she passed. Then she told me that she wanted me to baptize her. So anyways that was pretty cool and she has a really strong testimony. I took some pictures so we´ll see if I can get some sent off. There´s a ton of people in the ward that could have baptized her, but she told me she felt most comfortable with me, which was cool. I also left all my baptismal clothing in Yungay, so I had to borrow a tie and some pants from my zone leader. Anyways I can´t think of a whole lot more. The ward here is so sick.. except for the fact that me and my comp had to clean the baptismal font and get everything ready by ourselves for 5 hours on Saturday. But things get done and there´s people willing to actually visit people with you, if you have the people to visit :/ Like I said, we are in the hunt for investigators and are trying to look up old investigators, less actives, and knock on doors. Also trying to get to know the members better so we can find people through them. By the way, this week Elder Ronald A. Rasband and M. Russell Ballard will be coming to talk to the young single adults in a church building by our stake. We´re not allowed to go though but that would´ve been cool. Being District Leader has been good.. I enjoy helping people but it's hard preparing the classes every week :/ Anyways I can´t think of anything else to report and I want to send some pictures.. so I´ll sign off. But thanks for everything and I love you all!!!!
Alejandra's baptism 2-15-2014


     

No comments:

Post a Comment