Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Jumbo is a Lifesaver

January 6, 2014
Hellloooooo family. Another. Week. Gone. The weeks go by so fast it´s nuts. And it´s 2014.. so weird to think about. Wasn´t it back in 2012 that the world was supposed to end? Haha and it´s 2 years later. By the way, when did we go on the cruise last year? It´s almost been a year right? Maybe not.. I can´t freaking remember. Anyways our New Year´s wasn´t that exciting to be honest. At midnight I was in my bed talking to my district leader who was there for a mini-transfer to do J's interview. He´s from Brighton and we know a lot of the same people. He even knows DJ Teaskie. His name is Elder P and he´s pretty cool. We stayed up a little later talking about all the people we knew and everything we used to do with our friends back in good old Sandy! By the way J passed his interview, but he flaked out 3 days before his baptism. We went to go have a lesson with him and he has so many doubts about baptisms for the dead and not being able to go to church after he gets baptized. He´s in a wheelchair and it would be tough for him to go to church every week, but we told him we´d always be there to help him. Anyways his uncle was all planned to come down from Santiago to baptize him, but it just didn´t happen. I kind of saw that coming as I told you guys last week, but I don´t know. He said he wants to be baptized and that he needs to do it, but he just doesn´t know when. Oh well we will see what happens and what God´s will is right? This Sunday I had to go to Chillan for a meeting on the young men´s camp that is coming up. We don´t have one single young man that is active, so that´s our goal: Get them to go to the camp this month so they can have a good experience and want to come back to church. We were basically there all day in Chillan so we weren´t able to do anything here in Yungay yesterday. By the way, yes.. Gabby and Elva have come to church every single week since their baptism so that´s good. We went and printed some baptism pictures for them today and we´re going to give them to them today. We are still trying to find more people to teach as that´s been our biggest struggle. We have been working with a family where the husband is inactive and none of his family are members. They are super nice though and love to have family nights with us. They are really lazy to come to church with us though but we just need to keep on working with them like always. Honestly this week was a little bit on the boring side. That´s about all I can report to you guys. Today we went to Chillán to do some stuff that we needed to do. I bought another backpack because I needed something for mini-transfers.  I also printed off a few more pictures of the kids and grandma and grandpa. Thanks for those.. keep them coming! Thank José by the way for the 40 bucks... I´ll have to take another 200 bucks out soon plus his money so we can eat a nice lunch here :) Thank you José!!!  About Dallin recognizing my picture, that definitely made my day. He´s so freaking cute and I want him to know who I am.. he´s my other baller nephew and I can´t wait to grow close to him when I get back. Hopefully he won´t be way scared of me haha. Exactly Mom, when you guys are really cold just think how hot I am here just constantly sweating. Should make you guys feel better :) Sounds like Utah basketball is picking up. Too bad they couldn´t pull it off against Oregon. And the Jazz... freak they just need to tank it this season so we can pick up the #1 draft.. who sounds like will be Jabari Parker. They would probably be pretty good next season if that was the case. Sounds like everyone had a good new year´s. Did everyone set some new year´s resolutions? Those always last up until the 27th of January then they go out the window. Has anyone has noticed that? Hahahaha it´s true. But again that´s all I can think of for this week. really boring I know. I´m sorry. I´ll see if we have a little bit mroe of an exciting week this week so my letters are a little bit more exciting! I love you all and tell all the kids I love them as well! BALLERS. Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment