Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Frac Cookies on a Monday Evening‏

Hey everyone! First off I would just like to tell you I´m soooooooooooooooooooooo hot right now. Like for reals it´s disgusting. But thanks for all the letters Mom and Dad you guys are ballers. This week was really really hot but we are still working hard. J has been extremely tough to work with. He got talking to his sister who isn´t a member and ever since then he just went downhill with all his doubts. I answered every single question that he had and I did it from the Bible, and after the whole lesson he just tells me ¨It doesn´t matter that bible is different from all the rest of the bibles¨. I was like ummmm no it´s not let´s compare it do you have your bible? Obviously he said no just because he felt dumb. He wasn´t progressing so we´ve stopped visiting him for the meantime. I finally got down to why he wasn´t progressing and apparently he was waiting until Christ appeared to him in his dream to tell him to be baptized in our church. I told him that´s asking a little bit too much and shared with him D & C 8:2 but he´s just really defensive about everything. Hopefully he can continue doing his prayers and realize he actually is receiving an answer to his prayers. Yesterday we had 3 stake guys come from Chillán to support us in Yungay and help us out. One of the guys, the stake missionary work president (I don´t know how to say that in English) came and pulled me and the ward mission leader. (This stake guy actually gave me 20 bucks in Chillán the other day in Lider because he didn´t want us to starve and he says I know you guys starve out there in Yungay so take this money haha) We set a bunch of plans to reactivate the young men because we don´t have one single young man or young woman that comes to church. It´s like 4 primary kids and all the rest our old folks. Changes are coming up on the 27th and I don´t know if I´ll be going or staying. We had interviews with the president this past week and he told me a number of things. He asked me about the 1st counselor and how that was going. He told me, ¨What you have learned there in Yungay you will never forget. You will use those things you learned there the rest of your life, and for that you will be forever grateful.¨ I kinda got thinking about that and how awesome it has been to be 1st counselor and help out all these members and less actives. Apparently I am the only missionary in the whole mission that is in the bishopric, which is pretty cool. It´s true that God calls you to go to where He needs you. It´s not a coincidence that you get transferred to a certain sector. For that, I have mixed feelings about staying and going. I love being able to really help the branch president and all these members. It´s such a cool opportunity. Then again I will have been here for 6 months. The mission president also asked me how long I´ve been there and told me oh that´s a good amount of time. So anything can happen and we´ll just have to wait and see. I know there´s a lot of other opportunities and people I need to meet in other sectors as well and I´m excited for that. I think for sure one of us will be leaving.. it could be very well that Elder M leaves as he is about to finish his training. We will see! Hermana R is an awesome member that knows so much about the Gospel. Such a good teacher.  Her grown up kids are members but are inactives. Her husband isn´t a member, but he reads all the Liahona´s (Ensign´s basically) and likes them. He is just scared to make a commitment because he´s scared he won´t be able to keep up with all the stuff after his baptism. He actually came to church yesterday to hear her give a talk, and we are really gaining the trust of him by doing service in his house and just talking to him. He is really nice, but it´s tough because he just doesn´t want to make that decision. The missionaries have been working with him for YEARS, but they´re a really awesome family. We were trying to do a few contacts last night and we weren´t getting into any houses, so we went to their house. I´m so thankful for the members here. Immediately they let us into their house, sit us at the table, and just start feeding us. It makes you so grateful for the members after you´re knocking on doors and everyone just slams the door on you, and then you get out of the exhausting heat into a members house and they just try and give you everything. So awesome. Anyways that´s about all I have to say for this week.
        Too bad about Carter.. I feel bad for him. But he´ll always be a baller and he´ll get his other tooth in soon :)
        HAPPY KISS A GINGER DAY? Since when was this day invented? If it was invented last year and I didn´t get a single kiss, someone needs to be hit. Haha. Guess I gotta wait til 2 more kiss a ginger´s day to get that kiss.      
       In the way of packages, I have only received one. The one that I bought awhile ago. I bought a few videos that I have used for investigators so that´s good. I should be getting the other packages here pretty soon hopefully!
       That´s about all for this week... thanks for the updates and everything. Thanks Dad for the updates on sports. Keep those coming. Also on the Chargers. I got a few updates on them that they had made the playoffs and won their first game but never heard after that. Let me know if possible! (Jeremy)   I love you all and stay safe this week!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
SALTO DEL ITATA


No comments:

Post a Comment