Tuesday, August 13, 2013

We Found Dove in a Soapless Place

Me voy a Yungay! Que fome.. I will be leaving Linares and heading to Yungay. I´m a little sad because I love all the people I´ve met here but I need to trust that the Lord needs me in Yungay. My new companion will be Elder C! I´ve heard quite a bit about him.  I´m definitely nervous but we´ll see what happens. Elder B in my house also is leaving to go to Chillan. We´re really good friends and get along well so I´ll miss that kid. We will be companions later on.. mark my words! I´m also a little nervous for Solange, our investigator we have right now. I can´t remember what I´ve told you guys, but she felt like my companion and I were her missionaries, so she wanted us to teach her instead of the other Elders. The night after she went to put our number in her phone, it was already there with our names there. She got really scared and knew for a fact that she had never done anything with her phone with the missonaries. Her sister and the sister´s husbands are members, and they told us that was the moment when everything about her started to change. She had a lot of questions but she is pretty much a sure thing for baptism up to this point on the 31st. We told her there was a chance we could be leaving.. and she was super upset. She told us that we are her missionaries and she had received an answer from God that that was true. I haven´t told her yet that I´m leaving, but if she is really commited to changing her life and the Gospel, it shouldn´t matter. I´ll let you guys know and my companion told me that he´s going to send a picture of her baptism to me. That´s what sucks about getting transferred but that´s the way it is. I also don´t want to say goodbye to Eduardo and his family. They are such an awesome family and Eduardo is going to mad that I won´t be starting up an English class haha. You finally get used to an area, the people there, and then bam you´re gone.. booo.  I have all my bags packed up and ready to go in the morning sometime so wish me luck in Yungay. My companion told me 2 weeks ago the worst place you can go in the mission is Yungay. I´ve also heard that from other people as well. Guess where I´m going? Hahahaha oh my gosh like for reals. Mom this computer is really slow so I don´t know if I´ll be able to send the video of our talent show. I brought treats to give out to all the kids that night and they loved it!  I also don´t want to say goodbye to a different family. Nicol and Roberto and their 2 kids that are 6 and 2. The 2 year old loves when we visit them and he always wants to play games with me when we get there. I will take some pictures tonight as I say goodbye to everybody and see if I can send them next week. I honestly can´t think of a whole lot more to update you guys on.. the only investigator that was progressing is Solange and I already gave an update on her. I´ve emailed Dustin but haven´t gotten anything back which is kind of frustrating because I want to know how he´s doing. Sounds like basically everyone is out on their missions.. that´s awesome. I can´t believe Dallin has been taking a few steps.. that´s so crazy! I honestly miss my nephews so freaking much.. I don´t think I can even begin to describe it. It´s so hard to think how fast their growing up and I can´t be there. Thanks Bri for the picture! I love getting pictures even though it makes me a little sad haha. I am trying to think of other stuff I can tell you guys so this letter isn´t so short but freak this week wasn´t that exciting. It´s still really cold but September is almost here and it should get warmer. I´m really nervous for Yungay because I hear it´s extremely tough there and a lot of country.  I try to laugh to make myself feel better just so you know.. but I feel bad this letter kinda sucks. Next week I will have more to update you guys on and everything so stay tuned! Thanks for everything you guys do and stay safe!!! I love you all and I´ll talk to you all next week!

p.s.  Good luck to Justin tomorrow... I liked their wedding announcements! Mom I would like that picture that Laurie has of us at EFY because I honestly don´t remember it.. haha

p.s.s. I haven´t heard anything about the mail strike.. sorry!

                                                NINNON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment