Monday, August 5, 2013

Yellow Diamonds in the Sky

   Hello my family! First off I would like to congratulate Trevor and Heather for their new baby Brielle! She is so freaking cute oh my gosh.. I´m a little sad and down that I can´t see my own niece but thanks for the pictures. I was so surprised to see how much hair she has and how dark it is! 4 blonde nephews and then she comes out with that hair.. for real? Freak I want to hold her so bad... boooo. Anyways I´m glad all is well with her and Heather and I already love my niece so much! I first read Jose´s email that I got and read about how Jon bought a new car. Honestly I thought it was a joke at first until I read everyone´s elses emails and saw the pictures. It´s soooooo sick! Good choice Jon.. I love the Legacy´s. Dual exhaust pipes too... freak I want to drive it and I want to drive it now! Haha but really that´s sick and thanks for the pictures. Yeah for real tho Jon I have stretch marks around my hips and freak I´m just so ugly. Yeah Mom I´m pretty sure it´s the bread here.. I eat a ton of bread here because the people always insist that we have ¨once¨ while we´re there. But it´s all good because I definitely needed the weight! Anyways this week was a normal week. There is a new convert in our ward that is now the assistant ward mission leader. He´s a way cool guy and has a super strong testimony now. His wife has a sister that isn´t a member and the other elders started teaching her. We went and visited them like 2 weeks ago and again last night and the sister named S told us that she now wants us to teach her because she feels uncomfortable around the other elders. She called us today and wants us to go eat lunch with her after we´re finished here so we´ll see if she progresses. She seems to have some psychological problems and doesn´t like to talk a whole lot but we´ll see what happens. Not a whole lot to report this week.. I´m hoping either I leave Linares or my companion does..  The other day we were in a lesson with this lady. She had a dog that wouldn´t leave us alone so while we were teaching I was just calmly petting it with one hand. The dog went to him and he said ¨No!¨ and hit it in the face. The lady looked at me like seriously who does that? After the lesson he got soooooo mad that I was petting the dog and freaked out at me.    A part of me would like to leave because Linares is where I started here in Chile and didn´t have the best start off to my mission.. a part of me would like to stay because I get along really well with the members. On Friday we had a talent show and us elders had to perform a skit or something of that sort. We didn´t have a ton of time to plan it, but we ended up doing this little dance sort of thing to Enya.. ¨Only Time¨. It was so random but the members loved it. You know me.. I go all out with things like that. They loved my random dance moves and my random head jerks towards the crowd. I have a video of it and I didn´t hear the end of it at church yesterday. It was really random but it ended up turning out pretty well. We had to get a kid from the ward to help us because my companion refused to participate. Anyways E looks like he won´t progress in time for me to baptize him because he´s struggling with coffee and having a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It´s all good because it´s more important that the people are sure they want to be baptized and have a strong testimony before so that they can remain active in the church after the missionaries leave. Freak I´m trying to think of what else happened this week.. this week was not very exciting to be honest with you guys. We traveled 45 minutes to Parral to meet up with the other zone and play some games inside because the court outside was all wet. It was pretty fun because I get along really well with the gringos in that zone. Freak I just want a gringo companion this next change.. that´s all I want! Anyways have you guys seen any of Dustin´s letters yet? If by chance you see them on Facebook or something like that could you forward them to me? That would be awesome as I´ve been hoping that he is doing well there in Guatemala. It is still cold here in Linares but I think it will start warming up here. They all use these fireplace things to warm their houses and the smoke is everywhere! It´s pretty much foggy ALL THE TIME and you can´t see very far in front of you. I think that´s part of why it´s so cold.. I have but a few times seen the sun here during the winter. I heard around August 20th or so is when it starts to warm up and I´m looking forward to that. The bitter cold just makes things so much harder.. a new companion and the warmer weather sure would be nice and I´m looking forward to that! I feel bad there wasn´t a whole lot to report this week but hopefully next week there will be more. I´ll let you guys know about changes next week.. cross your fingers! Sounds like Real Salt Lake is doing well and Jeremy and Jon enjoy going to the games. Freaking Utah Football.. I´m definitely going to miss going to the games. Freak. But hopefully they can pick things up this year and figure it out in the Pac-12 as they have a very tough schedule ahead. Less than a month away.. that´s crazy. Good luck to Justin this month with getting married! Congratulations again to him! Where are they going on their honeymoon? I don´t know why I want to know that haha I´m just curious. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bella! I freaking love and miss her but am so grateful she is home with you guys getting taken care of. Tell her I love her! I was going to send some more pictures this week but I forgot to bring my cable.. I thought we were going to go back to the house after we went to Parral but we came straight here to email. Anyways I´m thankful for all of you and all you guys do for me.. you guys are awesome! Congratulations again to Trevor & Heather with Brielle.. she´s so cute and I love her even though I can´t see her! I leave you with Tweety Bird´s Seeds of Wisdom: If you see a man walking down the street in the rain looking suspicious and looking at you weird... Be cautious. He might scream and yell at you that he wants your ¨nice, rich jacket¨ and get mad when you won´t give it to him. Until next week...
                                                     

                                                            NEILSON OUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment