Monday, September 16, 2013

Big Macs Taste Good

Hey everyone.. another week has come and gone and I´m here in good old ghosttown Yungay! I´m a little disappointed to see my Utes lost to Oregon St... sounds like with a tough schedule it good be a long year.. but good luck to my Utes this week against BYU!  Anyways about this last week. We had a nice family night planned with these members that are too poor to travel from Huepil to Yungay. They invited a ton of people and the kids invited their friends, but as we got there, nobody had showed up. It was a little disappointing but with her kids and her we still had a family home evening. She has an 18 year old, 15 year old, and 11 year old girl. The 15 year old is really extremely tough for her. The 18 year old is pretty cool and way nice but she struggles with the 15 year old. She wants more than anything for her 2 sons to serve missions. She always talks to us and them about it but the 18 year old is quiet and the 15 year old is super against it. I shared with her my testimony about how much the Gospel has blessed my family and life at home. She got a little emotional and it made me feel bad for her. The 2nd counselor from the bishopric also came with us to see her money situation. We found out she doesn´t even have money to buy wood to burn to heat up her house. We´re going to see what we can do for her. It´s been really cold this last week again.. I guess the past week was just a nice little break. In church, we had 22 people there including us 4 missionareis and the bishopric. The branch is declining, but we are doing all we can. I had to conduct this past Sunday by the way. Yungay is really small.. I´ve been here for 5 weeks and I´ve basically knocked on every door. Mostly it´s working with all the less actives and trying to reactivate them and baptize their kids. Us or the sister missionaries haven´t had investigators in church for 4 weeks now but we´re still all trying to keep a positve attitude. By the way Elder M is in my zone again! He got emergency transferred from Linares and is now training a kid from Orem. We actually met up in Chillan today to eat MCDONALDS! Wow that Big Mac has never tasted so amazing. I also looked at portable DVD players but I got Dad´s genes with my money and well it ended up I am going to still wait haha. (Thanks Dad)  I also tried to make the M & M cookies again for a family night we had with a recent convert but wow they ended up even worse. I got the recipe from the internet but brown sugar doesn´t exist here so I had to find a specific recipe but maybe that´s why. By the way changes will be this Thursday instead of Monday because there´s so many missionaries that will be coming in. We´ll find out Wednesday, and we´re pretty sure my companion will be getting transferred. I´ll let you guys know next week. By the way, I laughed when I read Cole´s letter. Yes I have eaten PLENTY of completos here.. they load on the mayonnaise and avocado but I always ask for just a little bit. Too much avocado makes me feel not so great.. (maybe that´s what happened to Cole). But yes it is a hot dog with tomatoes, avocado, and a buttload of mayo. Mom yeah Elder H is like my best friend here in the mish.. too many memories from the MTC haha. But there´s 2 of them from Arizona but his name is Jace. Anyways yeah with the Facebook, I´m pretty sure you can just accept everyone that adds me. They can´t find me unless I give them my first name so pretty much the people that add me will all be good to accept. Thanks for mailing my package... we´ll see how fast it gets here and I´ll let you guys know when I get it! I´m definitely excited.. I´ll be thinking of what I want for Christmas! Beach Boys over Utah Football Mom? I´m not gonna lie and tell you I´m not a little disappointed but it´s all good! :) Yes it´s the 18th of September here on Wednesday (pretty much the 4th of July) and it sound like I´ll be eating a buttload of empanadas! Last year the P-Day was on that day too.. but obviously I´m writing you today so I have no idea. If my companion leaves we´ll be saying goodbye to everyone that night anyways and eating a ton so I´m excited for that. By the way Jeremy asked me about if we would be getting ipads and stuff like DJ Teaskie.. I¨m not sure I haven´t heard a whole lot about that. I heard that stuff would be starting at the beginning of next year so maybe that´s when we´ll start with that stuff. I think that would be good because the door to door stuff sometimes isn´t all that effective seeing as to I´ve knocked on every door here in Yungay already. I´m also more of a technology guy so I would enjoy that haha. I´ve also been talking to Dustin and he´s now in the mission field and worried about Spanish. But guess what? His district leader is Jordan Tuckfield from school! They are working in the same ward and everything.. Jordan Tuckfield is a good friend of mine and Tanner´s. That´s pretty dope! By the way Brian and Heather, thanks so much for those videos! Wow I think those are probably my favorite things I could receive.. I also love the letters too I´m just saying! Wow Dallin is just freaking huge and a spit image of Hayds and Teags. So crazy to see him walking. I also like to think tht Brielle´s smiles were for me and for me only! Sorry Heather I´m gonna take credit :) haha but no really thanks so much! I miss everyone so much and I pray for you guys daily. I´m going to sign off here because there´s not whole lot more to report but I´m going to try and send some pictures. I love you all and until next week....
         
                         NINNON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An American flag made by a member in Chile....missing a few stars. :)
 A ward activity in Yungay..representing the US of A!
 Trenton's attempt at M&M cookies for the ward activity.  He said they were a failure.
 P-day in Chillan
 Trenton's living quarters in Yungay.  He refers to it as his "hut".

No comments:

Post a Comment