Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Love My Utes! 2-0

Hello everyone! Again thanks for all your letters and everything.. you guys are awesome. Congratulations to my Utes on the blowout.. should be interesting when Pac-12 play starts here pretty soon! Thanks Trevor and Dad for the updates there.. keep them coming weekly! Freaking miss going to the games.. ugh. This week was alright.. a little slow because we had some activities and other stuff going on. First off we had the country activity on Saturday.. I ended up cooking M & M cookies! Everyone else was cooking a meal so I decided to do a dessert. After looking everywhere for chocolate chips, I came to the conclusion that they don´t exist here in Chile. I found the mini M & M´s which were really expensive but I ended up doing that. A lady wanted to help me make them.. but let´s just say.. they were a huge and giant FAILURE. Hahahaha I took some pictures but I´m a little mad because I forgot to bring my camera. The dough was extremely runny so I said yeah let´s add a little more flour. Well, she makes bread for a living.. so she added SOOOO much flour and kept on adding more. After telling her a million times it was good she finally stopped. Hahaha they ended up a mix between bread and cookies so I´ll send the pictures next week if I remember. Anyways the people that came to the activity absolutely loved them and were all asking me for the recipe. Good thing they didn´t know what they were supposed to look like :) Anyways a lady made the American flag too (has about 38 stars.. she got a little lazy) but I have some pictures of that too. Next week hopefully. We have still been working with Geraldine but her aunt has been really sick so we´ve had to put her on hold. We´ve also found a lady named Maria that was really interested in the Book of Mormon so that´s pretty good. She does have a problem with smoking but we´ll see what we can do. We also had a conference in Chillan this past week. As I was sitting by Elder H listening to President Arrington and the assistant talk, they called on us to do a practice. Anyways it went pretty well and the assistant told us he thought it was really good because he didn´t feel like it was a practice. Also, I had a mini-cambio with Elder W from Idaho this week. He has been here for about 3 weeks and wow let´s just say I have made a ton of progress since I got here haha. It ended up being a good day and we taught 5 lessons. It was nice being able to put in an idea of mine and not get shot down within 2 seconds (By the way I miss Elder B hahaha.) Yesterday I had to travel to Chillan again for the Stake Leadership meeting. I had to go with our branch president and we ended up being there for about 3 hours. There weren´t very many people that went to church in the stake because it was daylight savings time and half the people forgot to change the clock.  Anyways yesterday Nicol and her family (kids- Thomas and Cristobal.. I sent a picture of them when I left Linares) called me because they said they missed me! Elder B, Elder M, and their companions were there eating lunch and they called me to say hi! Haha I definitely miss their family. Anyways she told me she was going to email me and she did. Apparently Elder C was in Linares as well and she apologized and told me to just stay patient because he is ¨different.¨ Also some more things that I´ve already heard about Yungay and about how tough it is here. She made me promise that I would go back to Linares before I left to go home.. haha she is so funny. Anyways not a whole lot more to report so I´ll get to some of the questions. First off.. I did dance a little bit. They put on the song ¨Limbo¨ by Daddy Yankee and they loved all my dance moves. Mom, the Skull Candy earphones would be my preference.. but whatever works. Don´t worry about the Labor of Love DVD.. I know you can´t fit many things so don´t worry about sending the DVD´s. If you bought a jumprope already, you can send it. If you didn´t, it´s all good. I would like to leave some room for other stuff. You weren´t able to find my flashdrive? Hmmmmm... if you aren´t able to find it I´m not sure. I guess I could buy another one here I just don´t know if it would be cheaper from home. The one Brayton gave me is 32 gb and it´s plenty but I want to have all my pictures one on and other stuff on a different one. Yes it is starting to get warmer now so that´s a good sign! I honestly loved the story of the lemonade stand. Brian´s letter definitely made me laugh. I´m proud of my nephews for sticking with it! 54 bucks... wow. Robyn mentioned something about Disneyland.. what´s up with that? That better wait. Anyways I can´t think of any more things for the package.. I don´t know what size you´ll be sending.. I trust you know what I would like! By the way.. how´s Utah´s kicker? I´m sure he can´t possibly be worse than Coleman.. so that should be good. I had a dream 2 nights ago that the dog that follows us everywhere was Utah´s kicker. Hahaha so weird. I also had another dream we were are the football game and I started crying. Mom asked me if it was because I was going to miss going to the games when I was on my mission. I said yes.. but luckily cousin Nate was there and he came to sit by me and made me feel better. Hahaha gotta love dreams. Anyways thanks for all your letters everybody.. and all the pictures (Trevor, Heather, Robyn, Brian). Not gonna lie I had a tear when I read that Dallin said my name.. haha and the video of him walking.. oh my gosh he is huge. I´m not sure if I´ll have time to send some personal emails off this week but next week I will make sure to leave enough time. I´ll see what I can do. Again thanks for everything and I love all you guys sooooo much. I have definitely learned that family is the most important thing. Until next week......

                        TRENTON DANIEL NEILSON OUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment