Monday, September 2, 2013

GO UTES! 1-0

GO UTES! Thanks for all the letters everyone it´s good to see how everyone is all doing.. I´m doing alright here in Yungay! We had a recent conference in Chillan where Elder Gonzalez from the 70 came to speak to us. He is from Uruguay and he did a really good job talking to us about how we can use the Book of Mormon to solve all of our investigator´s problems. Midway through his talk, he asked all of the missionaries who we would most like to see do a practice with him. It was obvious he was meaning for us to say President Arrington, but out of nowhere Elder M shouts out ¨Elder Neilson!¨ Haha everyone turned and looked right at me and started laughing. I went BRIGHT red haha it was so embarrassing. I didn´t end up having to do it but of course Elder M would do something like that! I also met up with him, Elder B and Elder B. I definitely miss living with them because my companion right now DOES NOT TALK. Elder B called me that night to let me know that Solange our investigator got baptized... he was supposed to send me pictures today but either he forgot or hasn´t gotten on the computer yet.  By the way we got to church the other day and the stake president of Chillan was there. He was on the phone and asked me what my name was. After a little bit, he called me into the bishop´s office and told me that he just got off the phone with my mission president, and asked if I would accept the calling a 1st counselor in the Bishopric. Haha so yes I am now the 1st counselor in the Bishopric! I also have to visit a bunch of less actives and try to find their likes and dislikes and according to that extend assignments they can do in the church. We´ll see how that goes! Also, as we sat down to have our Gospel Principles class, our ward mission leader looked at me and told me, ¨Ehhh it´s your turn this week.¨ Anyways without even knowing our anything I had to teach our class. Our branch has a lot of work to be done here if they want their chapel so we´ll see what we can do. We have been going to Huepil lately, the place that is 20 minutes away on bus, to visit Geraldine, Karen, and Paola. (her friend) Geraldine´s aunt has been really sick and her other aunt hasn´t been coming to church so that means Geraldine can´t come either. Her baptism date is now for the 21st instead of the 7th. She just needs to come to church one more time and a few other lessons for her to be baptized. My companion, not having any (can´t remember the word here but basically he doesn´t think about the time) Anyways we ended up missing the bus and he had the great idea of walking towards Yungay until someone would pick us up. There were absolutely no lights anywhere and pitch black and after a half hour I said it would be smarter to go back and wait for the 10:30 bus. A member had told us it takes about 3 hours to walk from Huepil to Yungay and it was obvious walking back for the other bus was the best idea. I didn´t wanna walk 2 and a half more hours to Yungay haha. We ended up taking the bus and finally got to Yungay. What an adventure.. but we´re also working with a girl named Ana in Huepil that said she wants a baptism and that she was going to invite her 2 friends to come to church with us. We went to visit her Saturday night, and my companion called her like 5 times in a row. The 5th time she answered and got all mad at him for calling her so many times and she didn´t end up coming to church.  On the 7th, we are going to have an activity where all the missionaries and a lady in the ward are going to represent their countries. We have to cook a typical plate, and have pictures and all the information and everything.(including typical dance) I have no idea what to do for the food because I suck at cooking.. but we´ll see what I can do! I´ll see if I can send some pictures next week. By the way one more thing on my package list: A pair of earphones. These places here don´t have headphones and I normally like to listen to church music while I send my emails. That would be cool.. and I mean earphones like one in one ear and the other in the other haha. By the way congratulations to my Utes for being 1-0! Sounds like it was a close game.. thanks for the updates Trevor and Jon. Keep me updated on all the games please! By the way even though I´m far away I still supported them on gameday. I carried my Utah shirt all day in my backpack :) But there´s not a whole lot more to report here in ghosttown in Yungay. P-Days aren´t the most exciting thing here.. I guess if you guys want a picture of a tree, rock, and some dirt all in one I could do that. Sounds like Mom and Dad had a good time on their trip! That reminds me.. there´s this lady here whose dream is to go to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful. Haha she was super jealous I had been there before and was asking me all about it! But thanks again for writing me and maybe I´ll see if I can send you guys the picture of my hut! I love you guys and I´ll talk to you all next week!

¨If I had a chance for another try, I wouldn´t change a thing, it´s made me all of who I am inside.¨ AVA

No comments:

Post a Comment