Monday, September 30, 2013

You Killed My Fish in Broad Daylight :(

Heyyyyyyyyyy friends and family! Your letters and everything always make my day and I thank everyone for that! Looks like it was my fish´s time to go... haha it´s all good! I know the trick to keeping a fish alive for 4 years and I should´ve shared it with you before I left :( haha just kidding. But yeah I should still be here in November so that´ll be cool to go to the temple in Santiago. We would travel all through the night, get there in the morning, and leave again around 6. We´re still not sure on all the details but we´ll figure it all out! This Sunday we had Geraldine and Karen in church. Remember them? They are family of some members and this was their 3rd time they´ve gone to church. Geraldine has a baptism date for the 12th of October, but she has had plenty of dates before. Keep her in your prayers so she can go through with it this time! By the way I had to conduct again... there´s no 2nd counselor so I have so much work to do. The President basically makes me and the secretary do everything. The secretary is named Leo, and he is awesome. He is 28 and always willing to help us. He had to order supplies for 2014 the other day but didn´t know how so I had to go help him. Basically nobody knows how to work a freaking computer here haha it´s ridiculous. Also, we had a movie night on Friday and nobody could figure out how to hook the DVD player to the TV. We finally got there and so they asked me to do it. I was like yeah okay where´s the HDMI cable? Everyone looked at me like what in the world is that? That makes the 3rd time here in Chile I´ve had to check a calendar to make sure we´re in 2013 and not 1963. I´ve also had to make a bunch of excel spreadsheets and post them on the wall because nobody else knows how. I´m pretty sure that´s why they always keep at least 1 gringo missionary here haha. The other day we were in Huepil with a member visiting a reference she gave us. We were trying to find the street so we went into a little store and asked the lady there. There was this mom and her little boy in there as well. You know how kids always say stuff out loud that you don´t want them to? Haha well yeah as we were leaving, the kid looks at his mom and says, ¨look Mom! He is HUGE!¨ Haha I just started laughing and so did the Mom. I told her I get that a lot so not to worry. It was pretty funny and reminded me of Teagan saying stuff to cashiers with Robyn. Also as we got off the bus there, we offered to cut some wood for this old guy. He told us no but we insisted. We got a lot done in like 45 minutes and afterwards his wife came out to give us these huge ice cream cones and told us how grateful she was. We didn´t have time to teach them but hopefully another day! We also received a reference from another member. She was talking to this lady as she saw us walking in the distance. She told the member that we had always stopped by her house but that her family wouldn´t let us in. She had been reading the Book of Mormon and she loves it. The member invited her to a family night at her house and we watched a movie and invited her to church. She couldn´t come this past Sunday because of something going on, but she wants to come next week. It´ll have to be in 2 weeks though because of conference. Her name is Gladys so keep her in your prayers as well!  We´ve also been working with this inactive member in Huepil. His name is Alexis and he is a returned missionary. He must be around 40 years old but he first married a returned missonary as well.  They eventually were divorced and now he´s married to a catholic lady. He called us over to give blessings to his kids the other day and afterwards he was like wow, ¨I can feel it again. That feeling of the Spirit is here right now.¨ He wants more than anything for his kid to be a missionary he said but they don´t go to church so I don´t know how that´s gonna work. He´s a cool guy so we´re working hard to reactivate him. He has a down syndrome daughter that blocks the door when we´re about to leave.. haha it´s funny. I´m glad you guys all had a good time at Olive Garden for Dad´s birthday.. man I miss food from home. I also really enjoyed the pictures you guys sent me. I was wondering how Grandma was doing because it had been awhile since I got an update on her. Also that´s too bad for Grandpa and his eye surgery. I hope all goes well and his vision can get better. That´s good you guys were able to give him a blessing, that should help. By the way, I talked to Seth last week. He told me he has been between jobs saving up some money and stuff and that he´s hoping to get his papers in within a month or 2. That´ll be good and I´m excited for him.  Also I was disappointed when I read that Trevor´s funny email was lost because of the kindle.. next week smoothieman! Can´t believe Dad is coming up on 30 years at Wells Fargo.. that´s crazy! Haha keep pushing Dad you´re awesome. I´m definitely looking forward to General Conference this weekend. Like Brian said, it feels like Christmas is next week :) haha it should be good and I´ll be in a little room inside the church watching it in English by myself while the members all watch it in the ¨chapel¨. I definitely will be listening closer and taking note because I´m sure there will be a lot of advice to missionaries because there´s so many serving right now. I´m excited for that. I couldn´t believe how much Dallin looks like Hayden in the Utah picture you sent me Mom. He is so freaking cute and huge oh my gosh. And Bella looks so good and healthy. Haha after seeing all these dogs here.. wow. Again I´m glad she´s at home with you guys and not here. Could you do me one more favor? Send me one more package.. with Brielle in it? I just want to hold her once is that too much to ask? By the way no I haven´t gotten my package yet. I´ll let you know when I do. Anyways I can´t think of a whole lot more.. my letter was a little random and over the place today... sorry! I love you guys and thanks for everything! By the way, do you guys read my letters to my nephews? Just curious.. I love them. Good luck to my Utes this week against UCLA! Until next week.......

                                         NEILSON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I have saved the pictures of grandma and grandpa and Bella and my nephews so I will be printing them soon! Thanks again.. I love receiving pictures and videos more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment