Monday, October 7, 2013

My Leg Itches like there´s as Banana Peel Glued to it‏

Trenton received his birthday package in 2 1/2 weeks.
His birthday is on October 14th.





Hey everyone how´s everything going? Conference was awesome this past weekend.. sounds like everyone had the chance to watch it. I´m a little disappointed about my Utes. 0-2 with Stanford coming to town. Uh-oh. With 6 turnovers and still being in the game at the last really surprised me. We´ll see what happens! I´m also a little disappointed you guys left the game early.. but I forgive you all! Yes I was able to watch the conference in English in my own little room with my Starburst.. that was nice. Yes that is right.. I GOT MY PACKAGE! I got it last Wednesday so that was good. Thanks so much everybody.. I loved it! Everything I wanted was there so you guys are awesome. Hayden, Teagan, Carter and Dallin.. thanks for your gifts! I have pictures that I will be sending so stay tuned. I forgot to make an outline for my letter today.. so hopefully it´s not all over the place and I can remember what happened this week. We still have been working in Huepil a lot and with less actives. Geralddin we are still working with.. she wasn´t able to come to general conference but she still has a date for the 12th. She has been hard to find in her house to teach and she is missing some teachings still.. so hopefully all goes well. Anyways Saturday night it suddenly became my problem at 10:00 pm that we didn´t have a computer or anyone that knew how to set it up to watch the relief society meeting in the morning. The branch president always leaves everything last minute here and just dumps it off on me. The stake president is actually really frustrated with him. The only day he does work here for the branch is on Sunday. I´m working hard with the elders quorum president named Hermano Poblete with whom I will get to a little later. He is awesome. Anyways I had to go find a computer last minute and set it all up for the 2 members that came to watch it. Saturday night for the priesthood session, there were 3 people there to watch it. We had more members there for the Sunday morning session, but zero for the afternoon session. Yes yes yes it is obvious, WE ARE IN YUNGAY. Haha that´s kind of a joke known around the mission... good old Yungay. Also yesterday, a member had had a computer for a very long time but nobody in Yungay knew how to set it up. Haha we had a family night over there and I got it all set up for her and she was so thankful. It´s sad here.. there´s so many people that can´t read, type, or know anything about any electronics. Freak I can´t think of anything exciting that happened this week.. sorry. Today a less active member asked me if I knew how to cook this special soup. I was like nope.. haha she was like are you serious? She told me I needed to learn how to cook.. she asked me what do you do if your mom is sick? I told her we usually can just go grab fast food. That probably wasn´t a good idea.. haha apparently we´re rich! Haha people don´t understand how many fast food restauraunts/restuarants there are in America. The only restaurant here in Yungay is this lady that cooks.. you go into her house and sit at her table and she´ll cook you something real quick. Be thankful to live in America! That reminds me the day I left Linares. Eduardo and his family wanted to see our house on google earth. Yes I got a ton of crap because are house is ¨HUGE¨. They were like wow how rich are you? Haha it was funny. I also had a mini-cambio again with Elder W in his area. That was definitely a long day. He really really is struggling with the language and we didn´t have any appointments. We stayed at the zone leaders house with Elder P (Lone Peak) and Elder M because they were in a mini-cambio too! Houses of 4 are so much better.. I sometimes feel like I´m going to die of boredom in my house of 2. Anyways Mom I didn´t really have a favorite talk.. there were a lot of good ones. I really like Russel M. Nelson´s about the human body and how it´s such a great gift from God. Also Gerald Caussé from the presiding bishopric did a good job. He spoke to us in the MTC on Easter if you don´t remember. The guy that gave the closing prayer in priesthood session also came to our mission not too long ago and he helped us out a lot.. Elder Gonzalez. Holland always does a really good job too! Anyways about the address of our house. It´s 62 Chipana.. at least I think it´s 62. It could be 64 as well...There´s a wooden house just inside the black gate to the left.. and you have to keep going down the trail and it´s the last house on the left in front of the river. Let me know if you can find it! That´s cool Brielle is getting blessed this coming Sunday.. take some pictures of her and send them to me if possible! That sucks for Real.. sounds like they really choked like Utah teams love to do. Yes Dad it´s starting to get warmer here now in Yungay and it´s so much better. The freaking winter here sucks big time I´m not gonna lie haha. Sophie when she finds us on the street will follow us still.. my companion is really scared of dogs so he always locks it in the front yard of people´s houses. Sophie loves to hide behind other cars and jump out and chase cars as they go out. She´s almost gotten hit a few times because she doesn´t see the other cars coming from the opposite way. Haha but there´s 2 dogs that chill at our house because they live around there and they´re pretty dope. Some P-Days I´ll just go out and play with them. And yes there´s a ridiculous amount of stray dogs here in Chile! That´s good you went and visited Grandma.. I´m sure she really enjoys the company. Is her health good besides her mind? And how is Grandpa doing? The other day I had the feeling that I just wanted to talk to Grandpa so bad.. haha it was weird. But honestly I can´t think of any more exciting things that happened.. good luck to Utah against Stanford.. wish I could be there! #5 team in the nation will hopefully be an exciting game if Utah comes to play. Let me know how it goes! Also thanks for the package again.. it´s awesome! I will be making the cake at Hermano Poblete´s house this Sunday.. his birthday is also the 14th. We will be eating a really good lunch and then we will eat the cake afterwards.. I´ll see if I can take some pictures! But thanks for everything and I love you all! I´ll talk to you all next week..... PEACE OUT NEIL FAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment