Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cowboy Corndogs

Getting checked out for stomach pain
 Birthday cake!
 Birthday lunch with members and sister missionaries
Hello my family! I am doing well here in Yungay still working hard to find more people to teach. I can´t believe Utah beats Stanford then loses to Arizona. That blows.. keep me updated on Travis Wilson´s injury. This past week has been a little slow like the other weeks but it´s all good. We have been contacting and trying to find more people to teach.  We got into a house the other day and we started teaching this lady. After about halfway through, she asked us what church we were from. Even though we had already told her, she was super confused. When she realized we weren´t Catholics, she got super disappointed and just stared at the floor for like 20 seconds. After she got super angry and kicked us out. Hahaha I was like wooooooow okay. Also we contacted this lady the other day. I handed her a pass-along card with a picture of Christ on it. She took it, ripped it all up, threw it on the floor, and slammed the door without saying anything. Hahaha people are so annoying sometimes. Anyways yes Mom, we had our interviews with the mission president. It went well and we talked about how it was going in Yungay being the 1st counselor. He knows it´s a lot of work. Also on Sunday, we got to church and we were making the announcement list for sacrament meeting and who was going to be speaking. Our ward mission leader, didn´t know he was supposed to give a talk, so he refused. Guess who has to give a talk in place for him? Well Elder Neilson, of course. I had to direct the meeting and while a member was giving a talk, I started to write down a few things I was going to say. I was going to be speaking last, after her and the 2nd counselor of the stake presidency. After she spoke, the 2nd counselor quickly looked at me and asked if I would hurry and talk so he could go last. Well, I ended up going up there with absolutely nothing not knowing what to talk about. Hahaha I ended up just talking about why I decided to serve a mission and the blessings I have seen in my life thanks to the Gospel. It ended up going pretty well. The medication the 1st doctor prescribed for me... well the paper got lost because the 2nd doctor kept it and never gave it back. I have to call the nurse her so she can call the 1st doctor back and figure out what it was that she prescribed me. It´s mostly just when I wake up in the mornings I have really bad stomach pain. Elder M was in Yungay with 2 other gringos, and apparently they got really sick too.  My companion now had 2 other gringos before me and they were super sick as well in their stomachs. The food is really distinct here and I´m thinking that´s the problem but we´ll see. The doctors said there wasn´t anything big wrong so that´s good. I honestly don´t know about my Christmas package yet. I need to think about it this week. I´m a little worried about only having 2 short sleeved shirts here for the summer. It´s already getting super hot some days and I feel like maybe more than 2 would have been a good idea. I do have some Christmas music on my ipod so I should be good there. I´m not sure about shoes yet.. If I need some I¨ll probably be able to buy some here in Chillan.  What else what else.. I don´t know. Our biggest struggle here in Yungay is finding more people to teach. We are trying hard to work with the less actives and to find people through them. We found a less active last night and her kid is 8. We are going to visit them tonight and all she wanted was to see pictures of my family. She wants to see little American kids because they are so ¨handsome.¨ She´s going to love the pictures of my nephews/niece! Also this week, we have family nights planned for every night with members/lessactives/newconverts. It should be good and hopefully we can find more people to teach through them. Anyways I think that´s about it for this week. But I do have some bad news. I talked to the mission president and apparently when Elder Gonzalez from the 70 came to the mission he told us we weren´t able to go to the temple in Santiago. So there goes that idea.. I was a little disappointed but oh well! It´s all good. Plenty of temples back in Utah right? Anyways I should probably go but thanks for everything and I love you all!

                                                     TREMPIN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment