Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm hungry

Hello family what´s up? Not much new with me... just living the mission life. This week was a little disappointing to me honest with you guys. "A", did not get baptized. He came last week to the general conference on Saturday, and after that, he disappeared. Nobody knows what happened to him. He´s not answering his phone, and he´s not at home. So weird to me that after listening to the prophet and apostles, you just back out on everything. Oh well, guess it´s not his time. N and C.G. are progressing slowly but couldn´t come to church. We do have a different investigator from awhile ago. Remember C?  Yeah we finally found him again chopping wood in front of a man´s house. This man that owned this house is a man that started yelling at us when we contacted him. ¨GOD DOESN´T EXIST. YOU´RE WASTING YOUR TIME. GO HOME AND BE WITH YOUR FAMILIES. IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR YOU GUYS TO BE HERE. YOU ARE DECEIVING PEOPLE AND LOSING TIME FROM YOUR FAMILY.¨ Yes this is what he decided to yell at us and then went inside and slammed his door. Anyways we found C the other day and he came to church again. This is his second time being in church, and he´s got a baptismal goal for the 27th. He doesn´t have any teachings because the dude works a ton, and he never lets us in his house. He lives in this really really cheap wooden house, and I have a feeling he´s ashamed of it. Anyways we are going to try and call him and set up an appointment in a member´s house that lives nearby. He is so impressed with how the church is on the inside and outside and thinks it´s the coolest thing. He is a really humble guy but lives alone, and doesn´t have hardly a dime. I will keep you guys updated. Apart from that I am doing well. My health, for those of you who have asked, is fine. I´m sure you guys know that because I haven´t been complaining for awhile :)   I think either my companion or I will be getting transferred in a week.  I'll let you guys know.
  By the way, I got my easter package last week. Right after leaving after writing, we went to the office and there it was! Did it only take a week? Anyways we´ve already been to the office and I haven´t gotten the other one yet. But thanks so much! I love the tie and the candy :) We´ve been working hard with the ward mission leader´s wife. She is less active, and he is getting there too. Last Sunday he was buying on Sunday and all that stuff hahaha gotta love Chileans. Anyways they have a kid on their mission, and the wife loves when we go over there. They always have plenty of food, hot chocolate, and stuff like that. She says she didn´t want to get close to the missionaries but she always gets sad when they leave. She said she tried not to but little by little she doesn´t want us to leave. Hahaha she´s funny. We are also working with a lot more people... less actives and investigators but aren´t progressing as much as the others. I´ll keep you posted if they start progressing. I can´t think of much else this week. Hopefully everything went well with Jeremy and Staci and they were able to get back in time for Jeremy to work. Hahaha I can just see Jeremy freaking out and stuff like he would during Call of Duty... well not in front of Staci haha :)   That´s cool with the sister missionary... that you were able to pick them up. Good thing there´s not HILLS and HILLS and more HILLS like here in Santa Sabina! It´s nuts here. Dad, sounds like you need to get your braces off.. too many problems haha. So Dallin loves the movie Frozen? I actually saw that movie in Yungay, during a movie night. In Spanish.. but it was still good. Seemed pretty well made. The Jazz had a bad season huh? Hopefully by the time I´m back they´ll be a little more developed with some better players. Anyways thanks again for all the letters and packages and everything. I´ll be working on getting that picture taken but I want to wait for that other tie from Staci. I´ll see what happens. Anyways I´ll talk to you guys all next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment