Monday, April 28, 2014

Me quedo en Santa Sabina!‏

April 21, 2014
Hello once again family and friends. Another P-Day here and another transfer has ended. We found out about the transfers this morning and guess what? I will be staying here in Santa Sabina! I´m excited because I wanted to stay here. The house is decent, the ward is big, and I feel like we´ve made a lot of progress since we opened this sector. My companion will be leaving and heading to another part. My new companion is a gringo from California. This is his 3rd transfer, so he´s still really new.
 In church, we had "N", the lady that went to General Conference too. We are working hard with her, but she drinks coffee. I was in a mini-cambio, but my companion taught here about it and she was really receptive. She admitted that was probably she had headaches and felt sick a lot of the time. She came to church, but had to go home after sacrament meeting. She is a little short on time, and we haven´t been able to have another appointment with her. We will be passing by there soon, and see how she´s doing with leaving coffee. A member is like her best friend almost... I can´t remember if I told you guys this. Anyways we brought this member with us to an appointment and they´re basically best friends now. The member invited her to church and went and picked her up in her car and everything. On Saturday, the son of her, around 23 years old, wants to have a family night with us. He was the person we originally contacted in the first place, and through him we found her. C wasn´t able to come to church. We had mini-cambios with the travelling assistants the other day, and we taught C. Elder E, that went to Brighton, and lives over by Wal-Mart where they play baseball, was with us. He´s a pretty cool kid and we had a really good lesson with C.  We´re also working with a lady named G, who is a mom of a lady that looks just like Melissa, cousin Jordy´s wife. It´s nuts. Anyways she really wants to stop smoking and drinking coffee, and we took her coffee away from her. Obviously she can go buy more, but little by little she is progressing wanting to change her life. With the travelling assistants, we burned our 1 year shirts... the 3 of us that have more than a year now. I burned an old shirt instead because I didn´t want to burn a white shirt. I took some pictures and a video which is even better because Elder R was spraying spider spray which was extremely flammable. Haha anyways it was funny.
 The 18 year old in my ward that is about to leave on his mission on may 20th, is still getting ready to head off.  He will be going to Fresno, California, with the famous Larry Gelwix as his mission president. He is nervous, and his mom is freaking out that nobody is going to be at the SLC airport to pick him up. Hahaha going to be weird knowing he´s driving on my freeway here pretty soon. The mission president sends him letters in English and he´s just like what the heck? They had so many questions about Provo and the MTC and they were glad I knew all about it. About the package mom, yes I did get everything. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I LOVE the watter bottle lid. So much better than the other one.. much more convenient.. thanks! Also the pictures I loved.. and the tie. I honestly LOVE the tie as well. I wore it yesterday with my tan pants. The CD´s... I haven´t actually opened but I have all the music on the cell phone. They wouldn´t work on the flashdrive, but I bought a mini sd card a month ago and have put a bunch of songs on that. The CD´s will be nice too though to play in the DVD player. I love Fear Not, and Let Zion In Her Beauty Rise. Fear not is a song we always sang in seminary. It brought back a lot of memories and I loved singing that song. Let Zion In Her Beauty Rise is a song I listen to often, and it´s just dope. Thanks again Mom for the package. I´m enjoying all my Fun Dips for sure and everything else. I´m not sure about the other package quite yet. We will be going to the office after we finish up here and it might be there it might not.   I really enjoyed all the pictures of all the kids. Such ballers. I think it´s funny Carter thinks I¨m still in front of the stake center. Crazy kid! Thanks for the sports updates as well, sounds like RSL is killin it. Anyways thanks for all the updates and writing me in general. You guys are dope. Easter was awesome... always good to remember the resurrection, and what he did for us before the resurrection. A scripture we´ve been sharing a lot with members is Luke 22: 39-44 It really gives us an idea of how much he suffered, because God had to sent an angel to strengthen him because he was suffering so much. Nothing we go through even compares to what he suffered. Anyways thanks again and I love you all! I´ll talk to you all next week!!!!!

P.S. I was talking to Elder E, and we were talking about the responsibility I had to open a sector, train and be a district leader all at once. He apologized, and said they had to do it because nobody else could. He said everyone always joked about how bad Yungay is, but when I was there, it completely changed. It was absolutely DEAD for so long, and then when I was there, Yungay started seeing some baptisms, progress, and overall excitement in the branch. It made me think a lot about the time I spent there in Yungay, and how much it changed me and helped me grow. Sectors are what you make them, and that´s what I learned there.

Burning shirts ONE YEAR DOWN! 


Me and Elder C

No comments:

Post a Comment