Monday, April 28, 2014

YOUNG LONDON

Hello everybody back in good old Utah! How´s everyone doing back in my favorite state in my favorite country? I hope all is well and that everyone is happy and enjoying life. Life here in Concepcion, Chile is treating me well. It´s getting a little colder but here in Concepcion it´s not as cold as some other places so I can´t really complain. Anyways, this is my last winter here so that´s always fun to think about :) Let´s see.. an update on the investigators. Neither C nor N were able to come to church. I was so frustrated with C... I don´t think I´ve ever been as upset when as investigator didn´t come to church haha. We´ve been working hard with him lately with members as well, and we have taught him the Word of Wisdom and also tithing recently. He said he stopped smoking, but hadn´t given up coffee yet. He said he needed to buy Ecco, which is a drink just like coffee here almost but it´s okay to drink. Knowing that he´s way poor, we went and bought some for him. Hopefully all is well with that... we haven´t had an appointment with him since Saturday. He was all good to come to church for sure, and then we go to his house in the morning and he´s not there. We then call him and he says he had to leave real quick and wouldn´t be able to come. 2 weeks in a row now. Anyways he´s got a baptism date for the 4th, which is this coming Sunday. He´s got 2 attendances in church, so he´s able to be baptized that day after church because you need to go to church 3 times first. He said he just wants to keep reading and learning more, so his date isn´t for sure. I will keep you guys posted on what happens. He´s really difficult sometimes because he works a lot and is always leaving to go to his brother´s house and stuff, so I¨m not sure if he´ll be ready by this Sunday. N keeps complaining about headaches and pains in her neck. She admitted that living the Word of Wisdom would help her have less headaches, but I know she hasn´t given up coffee yet. She´s really nice and we´ve worked hard with a certain member, but we´re not sure if she really wants to get baptized. We will be figuring that out this week so like always, I will get you updated next week. If she doesn´t want to progress, we will have to stop visiting her and spend our time finding someone that wants to progress. Basically those are our only 2 people that are actually progressing. Yes Mom, I am still District Leader. I still have all the same people in my district, and we ended the month with 4 baptisms. Pretty sure out of the 3 districts in our zone, we were the only ones to have baptisms, so that´s pretty cool. We still have not heard from A.. we haven´t put much effort into getting into contact with him anyways. It´s just sad seeing someone receive their answer and then they don´t make the decision.  This Sunday, we brought 10 less actives to church. That is extremely extremely good and we have a mission plan with the bishop here to reactive all these less actives. Anyways, that´s one thing we felt good about this week. There´s this less active family that I like where the Dad isn´t a member and doesn´t want anything to do with us.. but the other day told us there´s some weird things going on in the house. Random doors keep opening, and apparently he saw like some weird thing in his house that sounded like some troll. Haha apparently in the other house the same thing was going on, and that´s why they moved. But it started up again.. and he asked us if we could do anything about it. He said, ¨I´m not a member and I´m not going to be a member, but I want to know if you guys do blessings on houses and stuff like that.¨ Anyways, tomorrow, I think we will be going with the bishop or the 1st counselor to do that and see if we can continue to gain his confidence. I did end up getting that package from Hna. S... haha she also sent like a letter with a rose, but the winter stuff she sent me was cool. I have not gotten my tie yet, but will keep waiting. That´s good you guys got back from St. George alright.. sounds like it was an adventure! Congratz to Kelvin for being cancer free! That´s cool they´ll get to go to Disneyworld. The Jazz let Corbin go.. and are now thinking of Boylen?  Haha where is Boylen at right now? He´s an assistant somewhere in the NBA if I remember right. Some team in the East? Haha Teagan and Carter´s soccer jerseys are pink? That´s funny... I guess for awhile they won´t be ballers :) Anyways that´s about it for this week... can´t think of much else. I´m supposed to make sure everything is all good to go for Skype with you guys which I imagine it is... I´m not sure where I´ll be doing it yet or at what time... we still have to figure it out with some members. I´ll let you guys know next week.. but thanks for the pictures and for the letters! I love you all and I´ll talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment