Monday, May 26, 2014

I Saw the Sign- Dance Party in the Basement after Sherlock Holmes (B-How and SoCo)‏

May 5, 2014
Hey family! I´ll see if I can keep this somewhat short since we´ll be talking in 6 days anyways. This week, well C didn´t get baptized. After we taught him tithing and he had committed to it, he all of a sudden said he didn´t want to change religions yet and wanted some time to think. He said he works a lot and it´s hard to share with us, go to church, and work at the same time. Anyways I´m getting a little annoyed with investigators being really good and then either disappearing or just not wanting to progress. But I guess it´s all in the Lord´s time. I feel like we did our part with him, and are just going to give him a little time and see what happens. N has been a little tough too with time issues, but C G came to church! She is the woman that reads a ton of the Book of Mormon but had difficulties coming to church. She finally came, and loved it. I do know she smokes though, and drinks coffee. Anyways we always do work with working with the members with our investigators. We never have to pass by to bring our investigators to church. We always have members go pick them up in their cars. Anyways I seem like we don´t have struggles bringing investigators to church, it´s just after bringing them to church and baptizing them is what´s a little tough. I´ll keep you guys posted with our investigators.... we are having major difficulties finding new investigators. Even in the summer it was hard, and now it´s getting a little colder and rainy and the people are even harder to talk to. I did go buy a rain suit because I didn´t have pants, and I just use my nice coat with the pants I bought. I´m planning on buying boots for like 12 books either this week or next week. We are also working with a lady that has been a member for a really long time and her kid is 9 years old and isn´t baptized. She had a bad experience in church like the rest of the less actives in all of Chile and that´s why she doesn´t come. Her 9 year old was running around church like 7 years ago and another member jumped up and yelled, ¨Whose kid is this?¨ Haha she´s been a member all of her life and was a really really strong member too. We visited her with the bishop when it was pooring rain and she really enjoyed the visit. She said she wants to come back but it´s really hard for her. By the way the bishop here is so sick. He served in Santiago like a ton of returned missionaries here. This week we brought 7 less actives to church which is still really good for being in Chile haha. I remember Elder C, my other companion just being so surprised at how much harder and difficult the people here are in Chile. We feel really good about that and are working hard with the less actives. We reactivated 2 people, and it looks like the one we reactivated they are about to call as our new ward mission leader. We´re not sure yet.. so we´ll see. Anyways, sounds like everything is going well back at home. Where is Jeremy planning on living? From Heather´s letter, made it sound like the back of Staci´s parents house but I´m not sure. I always figured Jeremy would be living in  Jon´s guest house just like on Yes, Dear with Jimmy and Greg. Hahahahaha :) Congratz to Dallin for being 2! I can´t believe I forgot his birthday... I only remember Hayden´s is June 5th because I remember that day so vividly and I think Teagan´s is November 25th or something like that... can someone please remind me of the other kid´s birthdays? I feel bad :(  Yes Mom, I got my tie. So hopefully I´ll be able to get that picture sent off next week. I need a haircut because my hair is long again. Thanks for all you do and I can´t wait to talk to you guys all next week! HAPPY MOTHER´S DAY!!!!!!!!
After having our flu shots

No comments:

Post a Comment