Monday, April 7, 2014

Panda Express and Chic-fil-a

Hello everyone! I always start my letters off with thanking everyone who wrote me... so thanks again! I would like to let you all know that I am fine... I have still yet to feel even a little part of an earthquake so don´t worry. Chile is definitely prepared... they´ve had so many earthquakes so they now build all the buildings to resist them. We were in a meeting with our ward mission leader, and his phone starts beeping with everyone else´s phones. It was a tsunami alert but that didn´t affect us because we´re far enough from the ocean. Not wayyyyyyy far but not right next to it. Anyways we´re all good. The Chileans are all sick of the earthquakes... they still don´t stop talking about the earthquake in 2010. Anyways I did get to watch every single session of conference in English, along with the other gringos in my zone. I was able to take notes on each of the talks, which was awesome. Our investigator was only able to go to the Saturday morning session, where President Eyring was talking a little about baptism. He said he is going to watch the other sessions today, so we will be calling him tonight to see how it went. He still has his date for the 13th, but I have a feeling he´ll still want more time.I think he is leaving at the end of this month to go study, so if he doesn´t get baptized soon, he won´t end up doing it. I am going to set up the baptismal interview with him I believe on Thursday, and see how it goes. Keep him in your prayers! We also brought another investigator to the conference. She has a baptismal date for the 20th, but she said she wants to receive a real answer and hasn´t received it yet. She is basically best friends with a member we brought to a lesson, and the member picked her up, sat by her, and took her home after the conference. We´ll see how these 2 progress. C.G. wasn´t able to go to a conference, and I don´t know if she´ll ever go to church because it´s always some excuse she has. She loves the Book of Mormon though and loves when we go teach her. Kind of weird. I loved the talks though in General Conference. I don´t have my notes, but I loved the talk by Gary Stevenson, because it had a lot to do with missionary work. Also President Monson´s talk on charity and love. The conference was awesome and now we have to wait 6 more months...booooo. That´s cool Mom you went and got a Preach My Gospel. I had a feeling you would do that as I was listening to M. Russell Ballard´s talk. I´m glad you applied the 3 question thing....I did... and they were all answered. My district this week has a total of 5 possibilities for baptism.  I´ve been really busy with support interviews with all of them and this week will be doing some baptismal interviews if everything goes well. Not a whole lot more has been going on this week. We did just finish eating at a fast food restaurant. As I was walking up the stairs with my big sized drink and fries,who else but Trenton (the unluckiest man alive) would trip? Anyways all my fries and drink spilled and I just started laughing so hard as the whole restaurant turned to look at me. Hahaha all I was able to enjoy was my hamburger. A 9 dollar hamburger seeing as to how I didn´t have a drink or fries :( As of the rain gear, I was missing some rain pants.I only had my jacket, but I went and bought a rainsuit for 10 bucks just to use the pants. I haven´t bought boots yet, but I will soon. I might be taking another 200 out if that´s okay. I can´t think of anything else I need... basically the stuff I might need I´ll be able to buy here I think. Thanks for sending the package! I haven´t gotten it yet but I love getting packages! And written letters.... by the way Trevor and Heather, that was probably the best Family Night you guys could have done! Thanks for the letters....Carter´s definitely gave me a good laugh :) I´ll be waiting on the tie.. thanks Staci! I´ll get the picture sent off when I have the tie. I´m glad Robyn´s birthday went well...wow we´re all getting old :/ June 7th is the date... okay thanks. I was just curious. Anyways I can´t think of much else... just trying to find some more investigators to teach. We have changes again in 2 weeks and anything could happen. I really have no idea...so we´ll just have to wait and see. Thanks for all you guys do and for all the support! I love and pray for you guys every day and hope all is well. I´ll talk to you all next week!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment