Monday, June 23, 2014

BALLIN‏

6-23-2014
HEY FAMILY! I love you all did you guys know that? FIRST OFF, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER TERESA ON THE 25TH! I hope everything goes well and I´ll be thinking about my one and only mother that day. Okay so SECOND off, "N" GOT BAPTIZED! Thanks Mom for putting her name on the temple roll. The baptism went well and she´s really happy. I´ll see if I can get some pictures sent off! And also putting "J" on the temple roll worked! We have been working with their family for awhile, and FINALLY, they ALL came to church. Including the dad that isn´t a member that I had never met before. I was sitting in sacrament meeting, and I was excited for N's baptism, we had another investigator in church (which I´ll talk more about), and then I see J and his whole family walk in. I was so happy. It was weird, but I can´t even explain how happy I was haha. Anyways, they loved the church, and the mom told me I´ll see you next Sunday. I´m pretty excited for them. I probably won´t be here for when J and possibly his dad gets baptized, but I feel like I´ve done everything I can for them, and am happy that they finally came back to church after 8 years. About the other investigator we have, his name is "Jo". Now I don´t want to jinx this, but he´s so incredibly prepared for baptism. Actually, the older elders we live with found him, but ended up giving him to us because he lives in our sector. He is 23 years old, can´t read very well, and doesn´t really understand when he reads, but has a lot of faith. The first visit we had with him (2nd with missionaries), he said he had read some of the Book of Mormon and prayed, and God had definitely answered him. The elders actually had left him with a whole chapter, but he only read one verse because that´s what he thought his homework was. It was Alma 32:20 that he read... I can´t even remember what that has to do with.. I know 21 is to do with faith, but either way he said the next step for him is baptism. Haha he´s a golden investigator. He´s got a baptism date for July 6th, so if everything goes well, he will get baptized that day. We´re pretty excited. Finally seeing the blessings after having a lot of patience. Second off, I just want to say how ridiculous that goal was that Portugal put in with 10 seconds left. I was SOOOO disappointed haha. I LOVE AMERICA. Okay so in my defense, I did see a little bit of the game. It´s almost impossible to not see the games here because EVERYBODY is watching it. It´s okay, at least we came away with a tie and we still have an opportunity to advance if everything falls into place. A lot of Chileans were talking about Beckerman´s hair... hahaha I was just laughing. And Chile..... wow the Chileans are going crazy. They took out Spain, and things we´re crazy. We basically have to be in our house, but we definitely know when Chile scores a goal. It´s sooooooooo loud and everybody is just blowing air horns, running around, and going crazy. We left a little after the game, but ended up going back to the house early just because it was too crazy. We had permission to do that if things were too crazy and dangerous out. This is why I´m emailing so early... we have to be back in Santa Sabina by 12, when the game starts.  Apparently it just gets too crazy here in Centro (downtown). They play against Holland, and it seems like Holland will win, but we´ll see. It´s nice because I have 2 teams now that I can cheer for haha. Sometimes after the games, it´s kinda sketchy in the streets and people will yell at me like who´s your team? So they don´t beat you up, we´ve realized all you have to do is yell LET´S GO CHILE!!!!!!!!! And they just get so happy and you become their new best friend.. hahaha. It´s so fun though to be here during the World Cup... it´s such a big deal. 
 Other than that, not much else has happened this week. Just got N baptized, working with J and his family, and Jo. Oh and guess what? C.G. came to N´s baptism! Not to church, but just the baptism. She said she liked it, but I´m not sure if that changed her mind about anything. We will be passing by this week and see what happens. We have 3 more weeks until changes, and I imagine I´ll be leaving Santa Sabina. I will have been here for 6 months which is a long time. When I´m in an area, I´m in an area. It´s kind of unheard of to only have 3 sectors with how long I´ve been out, at least in this mission. Haha but I liked it, because changes and adjusting to everything is kinda hard.  That's too bad that Jeremy got mono, hopefully he can get over it pretty fast. I remember when DJ Teaskie had it, and was sick for awhile.THERE´S A LEATHERBY´S IN DRAPER? That´s so sick.. I love Leatherby´s. I miss it. I miss just restaurants.  Justin moved to Price? Hmmmmm.. by the way, he told me he would write me at least one time while I was out. Still waiting Justin :P Remember your sweet spot in around the world? Bro, you were money. Lake Powell? I swear Robyn and Brian just went. Where the big wind storm happened and everything. Has it really been a year since that happened? What the crap. Cowabunga Bay with Teags, haha I miss my nephews. There´s this famliy here that I love. She actually came with us to J´s family to help us get them to come to church. Anyways, they have 3 boys. One is 10, the other s 8, and the other is 6 or so. The first time they invited us all over for breakfast for Elder F's birthday. After, we all had a nerf gun war. They love nerf guns and Elder F and Elder R brought theirs. I didn´t have one, and neither did my companion. But like 2 weeks ago, we both bought one at Lider. For Elder R´s birthday, we all went to have breakfast again. Then we had a nerf war. Hahaha they put on Star Wars background music, we had goggles, and it was a full on war. The couches were everywhere, the kids were jumping on me and shooting me, and they were loving it. Haha the parents were just taking pictures and videos and they said their gonna send the pictures to us soon. All at church, they´re just pretending to shoot me with their pretend nerf guns. They´re such a cool family. Okay so this letter is really long, but this week was just a really good week. Good luck to my country in the World Cup, and hopefully Chile can win again so they can get first seed in their group. I love you all and I´ll talk to you guys all next week!!!
Here´s a picture of the 4 of us after a house inspection. They called us 10 minutes before to tell us they were going to do it, and we ran back to the house and cleaned it in 10 minutes and the picture is us with the Celestial Kingdom paper.. meaning our house was really clean haha.
 She got baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment