Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Special Tribute to Jeremy and Staci

This is a special tribute written by Trenton, and read by Jonathan, at the wedding dinner held on Thursday, June 5th, 2014 at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building:

 I have so many memories of Jeremy that I can´t really pick out just one. Most of them just happened when I was alone hanging out with him. I think he may be the only one that remembers it, and I won´t go into too much detail, but Jeremy.. hopefully you know what I´m talking about when I say Disneyland, closet, and tiny towel. I will never forget that. Other than that, I think my favorite memory of Jeremy was just how close we got when we both lived downstairs. Just being able to hang out with him every night when we should have both been sleeping. Also, I will never forget all the car rides in his car just blasting Angels and Airwaves/Blink 182.

 I think Staci should know a couple things about Jeremy before she marries him. First off Staci, he doesn´t care what people think about him. That is just his personality and he just wants to always have fun. He might embarrass you in public for this reason, but you´ll get used to it. Second, you´ve never seen Jeremy mad until you´ve watched him play Call of Duty. He´s decent yes, but not as good as me. Watching him somehow quietly yell at the TV at 3 in the morning and throwing his controller on his bed so he didn´t wake up my mom a room above is a funny sight you need to see. When he gets mad or frustrated, just know it could be worse, and even funnier.

 Staci, you should probably know a couple things about our family as well. First of all, we are AVID UTAH FANS. When it´s Saturday and it´s game day, you will know it. Even if it´s an away game and we are watching it on TV, you would think we were on the front row at a home game. There will be yelling and screaming and if you don´t control my Dad, silverware thrown at the TV. WE LOVE OUR UTES. Second, we like to have fun together. We are constantly joking around, making fun of each other, and doing whatever we can to enjoy ourselves. When you have joined in on one of our family dance parties with glowsticks, you will know what I am talking about.

What I love most about Jeremy is his personality and his attitude towards having fun, and also his love he has for the family. One thing that always sticks out to me every year is when Christmas time comes around. We usually all draw names and buy a present for one other person, but every year Jeremy has a gift bought for everybody. It´s not some regular gift, but he´s goes all out every year on everybody. Just the fact that he´s so unselfish is something that I love about my brother. I think as myself as a perfect mix between my twin brothers, but I´m a lot like Jeremy. I know he came before me, but he definitely got my looks. Also our love for the same music, the same movies, TV shows, sports, and horrible attitude towards school is what I love about Jeremy.

 Jeremy has been an example to me in so many ways. Like I have mentioned, his example in being unselfish is something I admire. Also, his example of serving a mission in the same country as me is pretty cool and something I´m grateful for. Also, I love his outgoing personality and I think I´ve taken after him quite a bit in my personality. More than anything, is his love for other people and his constant attitude towards having fun.

I would like to leave you guys with some advice: Stay strong, and when times are tough, pray and read the scriptures. I know God answers our prayers and if we are humble enough to ask Him sincerely, he will help us. He gives us trials and pains so that we can learn and progress. In these toughest of moments, he tests our faith and our patience. He wants to know if we are willing to give it all we can and rely on Him for help. The other advice I wanted to give you guys is just to always smile. Life really is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. I love this quote and I´ve tried to apply it in my life. Whatever happens, we can wake up in the morning and make the decision right there whether or not we have a good or bad day. It´s up to us.

 I´d just like to give a shout out to Staci and welcome her into the family. I´m excited to gain another sister into the family and know you will be a good example to my brother. At first, I was a little disappointed my brother would be getting married while I was gone. In fact, before I left, I told him he couldn´t. But after I thought about the blessings I´ve received and how close I´ve grown to Brian and Heather, my other in-laws, I knew everything would work out. Again, welcome to the family, and good luck with Jeremy. I´m glad to hear you guys got married in the temple. I know with all my heart that this Gospel is true and that we have the restored church upon the earth. I know that families can be forever. This knowledge keeps me going as I love my family more than anything else. All we have to do is keep the commandments. God asks us so little, and if we can just be humble and do what He asks, we will be able to live with our families forever. I know we will have tough times, That why we have prayer, the scriptures, church, our family and friends, and a living prophet. If we are obedient, we will be happy not only in this life, but also afterwards. Thanks for everything and I can´t wait to meet you when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment