Monday, July 14, 2014

Me voy a... Concepción.. super cerca!‏

Costume activity
Costume activity where Elder R dressed up like a homeless guy. He was lying outside the church during a sandwich activity. At the end he was going to walk in and eat the food, and see the members reaction. At the end he was going to undress so all the members knew it was him. It was a planned activity that only the ward mission leader knew about. The 2nd counselor in the bishopric, even before the activity started inside, kicked him out of the parking lot where he was laying down. After we told the 2nd counselor, he felt really bad haha. I´ll see if I can send a picture. We didn´t have makeup... so we think of the next best thing... shoe polish. Haha yes we put shoe polish on his face... he had a hard time getting it off :)

Trenton's district

Saying goodbye to a few families in Santa Sabina before getting transferred to downtown Concepcion



July 14, 2014
Hello all! First of all, I want to say I will be praying for you guys and all your health. Seems like there´s some health issues going on and I will for sure be praying. Anyways, we did have transfers today, and guess what? I will be leaving Santa Sabina. I didn´t really want to leave, but that´s mission life. I will be going very close, about 10 minutes away in bus, to the zone of downtown Concepción. I will be going to a ward called Laguna Redonda. I will not be going as District Leader however. The President called me last night and asked me if I would be willing to go as Zone Leader. So, I will be going to be zone leader and my companion will be Elder S. He is from Utah, went to Timpview, and played basketball there. I actually know him and have done a couple mini-cambios with him in Linares. He was also my zone leader when I was there in Yungay. He´s a really cool kid and I get along well with him. I told him in Linares when he was leaving that for some reason I felt like I would be his companion somewhere down the road, and it happened so that´s pretty cool haha. Anyways I´m excited and it should be pretty fun. There´s all elders in my zone, including the assistants. I was actually in my future house about 8 weeks ago to change after playing soccer. I´m going to live in an apartment that´s on the 5th floor, with no elevators. Haha I´ll sure be loving the stairs. Anyways where I study it´s a closed off room so I should have a heater in there :) where I sleep is a little more open but at night isn´t the worst because I have all my blankets, just in the mornings to study. I´m excited though and it should be pretty fun. I will also live with an elder from Argentina that I get along pretty well with, and another gringo that´s pretty new in the mission that I don´t know. I started saying goodbye last night even before I knew cuz I just kinda knew I was leaving haha. I saved my favorite families for tonight, and I´m going to print off some pictures I made to leave them. I will also leave N with that triple, and a framed picture I got for her. I´m planning on going to Lider to buy some dog toys for her dogs. They´re cool but Bella is cuter and more of a baller. I went and finally got a haircut at our ward mission leader´s house. He cuts our hair for free and I love his kids. One is 2 and the other is 5. The 2 year old wouldn´t let me leave.. it was sad haha. I just miss my nephews. We had 3 investigators in church though.. B´s husband, and her son J, and guess what? N´S HUSBAND! He came and he liked church. The daughter too said she wants to come next week. They´re such an awesome family.. really nice.. and I´m hoping they will all be baptized her within the next couple of months. I know J too will be getting baptized here pretty soon. It´s fun to see people progress from the moment that you get to know them. It´ll suck not being able to continue working with them, but it´s all good. Elder F too, in our house will be leaving. I´ll miss that kid. He is so funny and we had a lot of fun together. Anyways Elder B and Elder R will be staying. I´ll miss the both of them as we had a lot of good times haha.   Anyway, on Saturday morning we had a ¨family morning¨ with B´s family because that´s when her husband isn´t working. They made us pancakes and we were finally able to share with the husband. He´s a really nice and humble guy and likes coming to church. We were able to reactivate that family and we´re hoping all the family will be members here pretty soon. I don´t know what else to update you guys on... that´s about it. Just be saying goodbye to some families I got to know here. If anyone is planning on coming to pick me up in the future, Santa Sabina would be a good place to visit because it´s right by the airport and there´s a ton of members. Just saying.  That´s cool that you guys were able to celebrate Jeremy and Jon´s birthday, and also go to Silver Lake (thanks Trevor for the video). Brielle seems active as ever.. climbing up and down stairs.. haha she also sounds like a baller. I wish I could just hold her for like 5 minutes. Someone give her a big hug for me. Anyways I can´t think of anything else... that´s about it. Thanks for everything and I hope everyone is doing well with their health. Again, I´ll be praying for everyone. I´ll talk to you guys next week!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment