Monday, July 28, 2014

Finger Twist & Split‏

7-28-2014
Here we go again. Another letter I´m about to write to my family and friends. Thanks for the updates and for the letters letting me know you guys are all still enjoying the Utah summer :) I´m emailing a little late today because we had a meeting for all the zone leaders. I get P-Day all day which is nice tho... so I´ll take advantage and hopefully take a nap. A nap. Yes. That would be awesome. Anyways the meeting went well and we were able to eat Papa John´s. I talked awhile with Elder Ainge, which is Danny Ainge´s son. (Manager of the Celtics I believe) He´s a pretty cool kid and we talked about some basketball. I wanna play a quality game on a wooden court if you guys didn´t already know haha. Anyways this week was pretty good. Elder S is awesome.. we´re a lot alike and get along really well. The thing is.. I don´t know if I told you guys this, but this is his last transfer. He goes home in a month and we´re trying to work really hard. None of our investigators were able to come to church. We had committed all of them to come, but it looks like the downpouring rain stopped them from coming. It´s been raining for like 3 days straight now. It´s pretty ridiculous. I bought an impermeable (rainsuit) or pants or whatever which don´t work at all. They like broke and lets water in. Instead of buying an expensive pant I´ll just be buying an umbrella today to get me through the rest of winter.. shouldn´t be too much longer. Last week I bought some more pants... 2 pairs for 16 bucks a piece to see if they can get me through the rest of my mission. One pair I crouched down and my crotch area just ripped.. but I´ll see if I can sew them up.  My boots I bought worked well for awhile, but now they let water in too. Like in Utah, it´ll rain but then it´ll like stop ya know? Here, when it rains, it rains for at LEAST 2 days straight. You might think like it stops every now and then, but no. It´s constantly RAINING. It´s so annoying haha but that´s the way it is. We´ve been lucky the past couple of weeks with no rain. Anyways V is progressing well. He´s the 9 year old that will be getting baptized on August 9th. He didn´t come to church because his mom was sick. He wanted his dad to baptize him for awhile, and we´re still not 100% what he thinks about somebody else doing it, but he´s excited to get baptized.
     The area I´m in isn´t too dangerous... well there´s one place that is at night. We try not to go there at night.. it´s super sketchy apparently. We work there very little even during the day, not because it´s dangerous, but because we have more success in other places. I´m back into a ward where I need to help with a lot of stuff.. cleaning the church, and passing the sacrament. We showed up to clean the church, and we were the only ones for like an hour. Haha then more people showed up. It´s all good tho.. it´s a good chance to serve and help out the ward. Like 70 or so people attended on Sunday, more than normal because it was ward conference. The stake president gave a sick class in priesthood about missionary work. I´m enjoying helping people in this zone as a zone leader. We get asked a lot of questions from a lot of other missionaries, so it´s fun to help out where we can. I´m still getting to know all the people in the ward and we´re trying to gain all the members confidence. 
     I´m glad you guys enjoyed St. George. I´m jealous. I love watching the Blue Angels/Thunderbirds. Wouldn´t that be sick to be a pilot like that? I can´t believe how different the good old Mount Jordan 4th ward is going to be when I get home, and even when DJ Teaskie gets home. (sidenote: Could you forward me Tanner´s last few emails before he gets home? Thanks.) New bishop, and a lot of new people. Bishop Stoddard is a stud bishop, but Matt Raty will be sick too.  Yeah like you said... Sam and Teaskie will be in the ward still so that´s cool.  About the shoes... I don´t know what to do either. I would probably like a new pair when I get home. Maybe just not a WAY nice pair or something like that to get me to the end. I don´t know.. what do you think Mother Teresa? Hopefully everything works out with meeting up with Melissa. A couple more requests in a package I was able to think of. I don´t know if I have more protein that I used before.. but maybe you could send that in a ziplock bag or something? And also.. maybe a couple more pairs of socks? Church socks and long black nikes? I´m running out due to laundry misplacements and old age haha. Homemade cookies from Robyn? :) 
     Anyways I gotta go now but I love you all and thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment