Sunday, September 14, 2014

2-0 UTAH‏

9-8-2014
Once again, Here I am at Ciber writing you guys another good old letter letting you know how I am. The individual days are long, but the weeks seem to go by really fast. Thanks Dad for the update on the Utah game.. if someone could also send me the final scores of the games, that would be cool too.  Seems like they´ll have a good test in 2 weeks at the Big House. I remember last time we played there.. 2008. Brian Johnson did work that game.. so sick. I LOVE MY UTES! This week has been a little slow. My companion has been kinda sick.. and I have too. My cold is kind of lingering, but I´m still good to go. Yesterday my companion had to stay in the house, and so I left with Elder A, because his companion stayed in the house as well. The 2 of them are from Argentina.  Neither of them will clean the house, so me and Elder A always do it. Mom, I think you´ll be excited to hear I´ve kind of turned into a clean freak.. haha. I´m used to living in a crappy house, but living in a crappy house when it´s dirty sucks. Anyways we´re still working with our investigators.. nobody was able to come to church. J sometimes travels out of town, and the rest just couldn´t. It´s been really tough to find new investigators. We talk to at least 200 NEW people every week just in the street, and of the 200 we maybe get about 15 addresses, 5 being fake, and maybe 0-3 that let us in their house the next time we pass, depending on the week. The people in the streets give us 1 of 4 excuses:

1. I´m in a hurry
2. I work all day every day (¨It´s a miracle that you found me today¨)
3. I´m never in my house (Then why do you even have a house?)
4. I´m not from around here

 Then, we also knock on doors, but the majority of the time they give us 1 of 4 excuses:
1. I´m busy
2. I don´t live here
3.I´m taking care of the baby
4. We´re eating

One person I talked to the other day told me he was busy because he was WAITING for the bus. I was like ummmm what? Haha I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some of the excuses I hear all day, every day. But you just gotta keep working, because there´s always that one person that God is preparing that will be willing to do everything they need to. Anyways, last week we taught zone class after having our mission council for leaders. It went well and I think the missionaries all enjoyed the class. Also, the family that we always had nerf gun wars with came to visit me here. The dad´s parents are in my ward so they came to visit me in their house. (His dad is a former bishop and now less active). They decided to come see how I was doing so that was cool to see all their kids again. I also just heard from a missionary in Santa Sabina.. that N is doing really well. She goes to church every Sunday, and now her daughter and her husband are receiving the lessons. The husband has also been going to church. That was awesome news and I´m really happy for them. I think the daughter actually added me on Facebook. Anyways, we have interviews with the president tomorrow in his house so that should be good. We´ve also got the 18 of September coming up, which should also be fun. I don´t know if you remember, but that´s the 4th of July here. You guys should have Jeremy make you guys some completos... they´re really good :) I know Cole hated them, but I love them.  I can´t think of much else that has happened this week. In about a month or so, we have General Conference, so I¨m getting excited for that. Haha that´s weird to say.. but like Brian says.. it´s like Christmas in the mission field. Quick question.. how are Jeremy and Staci doing? Haven´t heard too much lately but how are they enjoying married life? Mom, Melissa is back now, but I haven´t heard anything about my package. I just asked the missionaries in Santa Sabina to find out for me, so hopefully I can get it pretty soon. I´m in need of those new shoes.. haha :) Thanks for sending the article on the fleas... basically what they tell us to do here is spray our beds with Raid.. so that´s what I´ve been doing. It seems to have been helping a little bit. Oh, on Saturday, the assistants invited us to their apartment to have a barbecue. So my comp and I went over there and had a barbecue which was pretty good. They want us to start coming to the gym early in the mornings to lift, so we´re thinking about that. We were actually going to go today, but my comp is sick, so we´re going to wait. We need to find out prices and everything. There´s this guy in our ward that´s 25 and he´s been wanting to go on a mission, but he´s too overweight. We´ve put goals with him.. and he asked if we would be willing to go jogging with him. So, we and the other missionaries are planning on taking turns to go jogging with him to help him lose some weight. He´s a really cool guy and he doesn´t have too much time left, because of the age cut off. Anyways that´s about it for this week. I love you all and I hope you all enjoy your week!
 Interviews with President Arrington
Companion- Elder D 
Concepcion Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment